Forums are back in action! ×

Clash of Clans

I can't complain, I always thought the idea of taking two of your cheapest, most basic units and just zerg rushing a base was kind of counter to what the game seems to be about. I don't like barching but it's the most effective resource gathering method at the moment.

• Like 3

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

I can't complain, I always thought the idea of taking two of your cheapest, most basic units and just zerg rushing a base was kind of counter to what the game seems to be about. I don't like barching but it's the most effective resource gathering method at the moment.

Definitely not going to argue that.  The success of Barch is also partially due to just selecting bases that have terrible layouts and that are weaker then you.  They'd have to re-do the raiding structure to really make it not feasible where you'd get much less for raiding TH's that are lower then you. 

Also, I really think they need to give loot bonuses for successful defenses.  Something to offset the cost of resetting traps and XBows / Inferno Towers.  What's my incentive to not have my TH exposed short of some free gems if I get enough defenses?

• Like 3

So... question.  Do people ever find "loaded" targets?  And if so, how many targets do you have to cycle through to find one?

For example, the other day, I was raided and had 340k Gold, 260k Elixir, and 1200 DE available (I know, oh good for me).  It was mostly in my storages as I'm active player, but seriously... I can't remember the last time I saw a target with that much loot available. 

Again, it could be my raiding strategy as with Barch, I tend to just happy to raid anyone with over 80k Gold, 600 DE, or 100k Elixir that I can acquire, but I can still tend to cycle through 20+ targets often to find a target worthwhile.  For those of that you raid with a bigger armies looking for huge scores, how many targets do you have to cycle through?  Are we talking hundreds of targets? 

• Like 1

I find one like that every 15-20 attacks probably, and I search 10-20 times an attack typically. So anywhere from 150 to 400 searches I guess? I'm decreasing my criteria to attack these days because searching is becomming so damn expensive, and am seeing them less because of it.

• Like 1

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I find one like that every 15-20 attacks probably, and I search 10-20 times an attack typically. So anywhere from 150 to 400 searches I guess? I'm decreasing my criteria to attack these days because searching is becomming so damn expensive, and am seeing them less because of it.

This is typically my story as well, as long as I'm confident I can make a good profit, then I'm raiding it... even if it's 50k Elixir...

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Hey kids,

Just an FYI, I'll be gone from Friday November 7 to Sunday November 9. I'll be at Hal-con http://hal-con.com (local science fiction convention), so my online time will be very limited, I might even buy a shield.

Just wanted you all to know.

Peter

• Like 2

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

So I took the blue pill and went from a droid to iPhone 6+.  I was able to move the "tyr1" account from my ipad to my 6+, but I am unable to move my "tyr" account to either my ipad or iphone.

Do you nerds have any suggestions?  Cause it looks like I will have to pour out some of my protein shake (measured amount of course) to my account that will no longer be with us.

I even created a new appleID, but I think I need to totally reload my ipad for it to work.

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

So I took the blue pill and went from a droid to iPhone 6+.  I was able to move the "tyr1" account from my ipad to my 6+, but I am unable to move my "tyr" account to either my ipad or iphone.

Do you nerds have any suggestions?  Cause it looks like I will have to pour out some of my protein shake (measured amount of course) to my account that will no longer be with us.

I even created a new appleID, but I think I need to totally reload my ipad for it to work.

Sorry buddy, can't help you. I'm an idiot when it comes to things like this.

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

There's an opton for transfer in the menu. I forgot the exact steps. But you pick transfer to a new device or something and it gives you a code. I ran into issues going from iPhone to droid.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

There's an opton for transfer in the menu. I forgot the exact steps. But you pick transfer to a new device or something and it gives you a code. I ran into issues going from iPhone to droid.

Yeah, It failed cause I already had an account with game center,  I think I have to wipe my ipad and then move it.

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

So, I'm just getting the hang of this game.  My son is also playing it.  Any tips for newbies?

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge