Forums are back in action! ×

Clash of Clans

So, I'm just getting the hang of this game.  My son is also playing it.  Any tips for newbies?

Keep your defenses and storages inside your walls, collectors can go outside but in range of defenses.

Once you get your Clan Castle rebuilt, feel free to request troops whenever, we don't mind handing them out. Assuming of course you join us. :-)

You can be attacked from the grass, so putting your base in the corner isn't going to save you.

That's a couple, I'll put more up as I think about em.

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

So, I'm just getting the hang of this game.  My son is also playing it.  Any tips for newbies?

If you want to join the NF clan, by all means.  We are at 50/50 right now, but I think we have a bunch of inactives.  So if you want to join up we can probably find room.

Save your gems for builders.  Builders are key to getting a solid base up and running faster. 

Mortars & Wizard Towers are better defenses to upgrade then Cannons and Archers Towers simply because of the AoE damage they do. 

• Like 1

Hey Jitters!

Rooks and Insanity have done a good job of getting you started. My only advice, is TAKE YOUR TIME and don't rush your TH upgrades, max out as much as you can before upgrading your Town Hall, it will make life easier in the long run.

Looking forward to seeing you in the clan!

• Like 2

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

Speaking of, I know I've been a poor clan member lately. Life and all. I'd like to stick around but can't promise to be wicked active right now because of work.

Hey.  No worries.  Only reason I even mentioned the inactives was that the last war I saw a load of people who didn't use a single attack.  Doesn't make it that fun for people to spend a bunch of resources stock piling war CC's only to get steamrolled week after week. 

That said, no worries about getting booted or anything like that especially if you have the courtesy to post in here or in the game to let us know.  As always, real life takes priority over the Clash.  :)

• Like 2

Thanks for the advice, everyone.  My son and I have made some adjustments to our tactics.  

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Hey.  No worries.  Only reason I even mentioned the inactives was that the last war I saw a load of people who didn't use a single attack.  Doesn't make it that fun for people to spend a bunch of resources stock piling war CC's only to get steamrolled week after week. 

That said, no worries about getting booted or anything like that especially if you have the courtesy to post in here or in the game to let us know.  As always, real life takes priority over the Clash.  :)

Yea another week where we where just shy of winning with a lot less attacks under our belts...

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

well with everything going on in life this game is a back of the back burner item for me.....I might check in once every 2 or 3 days and I have missed a few wars now.  

I went ahead and removed myself to make it easy, should knock out at least a few of the other nonparticipating folks in the next war then.

Been fun.  Good luck with the future wars and clan success!

• Like 1

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

So, I'm going to start compiling a spreadsheet of participants in our wars.  As a player who enjoys the game, it's not fun to watch only half the clan participate in our wars every week since it all but guarantees we waste a bunch of resource filling war CC's for offensive and defensive reasons, then get beat simply because the other clan has more participants.  It's basically the only request we have for being in the clan and by not participating you are essentially making a lot of players waste a lot resource.  Yes, it's a game, and yes, it shouldn't be the priority in life, but I don't feel like making 2 war attacks per week is that much to ask.  Or at the very least a message in the game chat or in this thread telling us you won't be able to make it. 

Anyway, from our last war, here's the list of non-participants.  I'm going to send out NF messages to all these players that I know their NF handle, but some I don't know who they are (KetosisBrah and Hobart).

Account is having issues:

• tyr (Any hope tyr?  Can we remove this account?)

Didn't participate but do have some troop donations:

• Melisende
  • KellyTheGreat
  • Jen (Has previously reported that work has her busy)
  • Cid32 (Apologized about missing war shortly after because he was out of the country)
  • Squeak (Reported he/she just got back from vacation)
  • BigDray
  • StarGazerAT (Said life has been busy)

Didn't participate and have 0 troop donations.  I don't believe KetosisBrah, Hobart, Deslok, or pyrorazor have participated in the last few, but can't prove it due to lack of war history.  Gainsdalf, can we send out a in-game message for all players to check this thread and respond to it within 3 days or something like that?  And if we don't from the below players just remove them before the next war?  I personally don't want to go through another war with this many inactives, but if we want to go through 1 more war to compile the documentation, I'm fine with that.

• Hobart
  • Deslok
  • Captain Starfis
  • simonize
  • Obitim
  • KetosisBrah
  • pyrorazor

well with everything going on in life this game is a back of the back burner item for me.....I might check in once every 2 or 3 days and I have missed a few wars now.  

I went ahead and removed myself to make it easy, should knock out at least a few of the other nonparticipating folks in the next war then.

Been fun.  Good luck with the future wars and clan success!

Thanks for letting us know.  Hope everything is going well.  And if you ever want back in, just let us know! 

• Like 1

It's not like those people can't stop by this thread, or join again when they get active.

I think.this is more than fair.

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Well done Rooks,

Thanks for getting a handle on this, with the holidays on the way, people's time will be even more limited but we don't have too many requirements to stay in the clan.

A couple of thoughts...

1. Since Mitch dee and Squeak were mature enough to op-out on their own, I feel they should be given priority on getting back in when/if they want too.

2. If anybody does get kicked out, their kick out message could encourage them to re-apply when/if they get active again.

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

2. If anybody does get kicked out, their kick out message could encourage them to re-apply when/if they get active again.

I booted KetosisBrah and Hobart this morning with the message:

"You seem to no longer be playing CoC. You are welcome back to NF if you pick the game up again."

Like I said, I'll be sending out NF message for the rest of the people since I know who they are.  I wanted to send out the clan mail, but Schmopey and Gains have been busy and they are only ones that can do it. 

EDIT:  NF message sent to Deslok, Captain Starfis, simonize, Obitim, and pyrorazor.  We'll see if we can get a few more attacks this week.  :)

• Like 1

Hey, look at this; we have a forum thread! I didn't realize we had this until I saw people talking about it in relation to Rooks's war participation post.

Anyhow, now that I've found finally found it, I feel like I ought to introduce myself!

I've been a long-time NF lurker who got into Clash a few months ago. As far as NF stuff goes, I consider myself a ranger since I primarily lift but also do some running (5Ks and 10Ks) with my sister when it's not too cold outside. I've been struggling to fit exercise in lately since my wife and I just had a baby (our fourth) a couple months ago. His sleep schedule is starting to improve, though, so I'm hoping to hit the weights again later this week.

As far as Clash goes, I found it a few months ago when I was searching for a game I could play that wouldn't involve big time investments. I'm currently a TH7 with all defenses upgraded, but some more work to do in the research lab and on walls. I've always enjoyed games but don't have time for long gaming sessions anymore with the kids, work, etc. I've had to drop things like WoW and Skyrim, and have replaced them with games that I can make meaningful progress in with 10-30 minute sessions. My current favorites are CoC, Hearthstone, and chess online at Chess.com.

Anyhow, I've been having a lot of fun with the game so far (the social element and clan wars really make the game enjoyable) and am glad to be part of the NF clan.

• Like 3

Level 1 Myrmidon Ranger

[ str 3 | dex 3 | sta 2 | con 2 | wis 3 | cha 2 ]

Fitocracy

Rooks, you're a coleader now, should be good to go for all you wanna do. Thanks so much for all the help!

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Thanks Gains!  Just an FYI, if anyone wants to see the spreadsheet for our War Log, it's here.  Input on ways to improve it are welcome.  Right now, I'm just going to track number of stars per attack / if the attacks are used.  I've seen some crazy ones where people figure out who attacked who to figure out strength of attacks and stuff, but that seems super time consuming.  :P 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QeGT2xEe_OPzNvYTV_g7axWo2rQ1fvOexygRDg0Q3zY/edit?usp=sharing

• Like 1

Thanks Gains!  Just an FYI, if anyone wants to see the spreadsheet for our War Log, it's here.  Input on ways to improve it are welcome.  Right now, I'm just going to track number of stars per attack / if the attacks are used.  I've seen some crazy ones where people figure out who attacked who to figure out strength of attacks and stuff, but that seems super time consuming.  :tongue:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QeGT2xEe_OPzNvYTV_g7axWo2rQ1fvOexygRDg0Q3zY/edit?usp=sharing

Oh great.... now my suckage will be there for all to see... and I had to pull out a 4 star war for the first one on there. :-D

• Like 3

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

I take note of bases I have a hard time against, and screen shot them in the replay section. I then study them and take away what I can for building my own base.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I just kinda focus on trying new things. I use walls more as a way to ensure trap success more than anything.

Sometimes it workd, sometimes it blows up in my face.

• Like 2

challenge, 10 push ups for every raid

This could be dangerous... 10 burpees for every star you fail to prevent on defense.