Forums are back in action! ×

JessFit's Fire

Morning Yoga for the win!  I know I've always found it to wake me up because it gets the blood flowing and makes me ready for the day.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

I honestly don't know why they called it an evening relaxation practice.  It really wasn't much different than the other sessions I'd done; lunges, downward facing dog, warrior poses, etc.  The only difference I could tell was that there was a longer Savasana at the end than usual.  Otherwise it was just a normal yoga practice.

*squee* bunny in a backpack!

funny-bunny-Kungfu-fighting.jpg

Also, this is the sun salutation. I keep swearing that I'll get up early enough to start the day with this, but since I get up hours before the sun it is kind of tough.

surya_namaskara.gif

I'm going to have to do this a few times.  You could always do this facing your sad light.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

I love the Sun Salutation.  My yoga app does it 3 times in one of the practices.  It's pretty cool because as we get closer to spring, the sun is coming up right about when I'm in the gym so I can see the sun rise over the bridge as I'm doing the Sun Salutation.  It's one of my favorite flows.

Ok so for the most part I did great with the not eating junk yesterday. I made a crockpot stew that was really sad and not nearly as good as it should have been though. Afterwards I met my mom out for a friend's birthday. It was freezing and she had ordered soup but couldn't finish it, so I did have a little bit of bar-quality soup and french bread. Mostly to warm up. Not quite the successful day of fantastic eating I had planned, but by the time I had the soup it was already after my bed time so actually my standard day was decently successful.

Today is a lifting day, a running errands (and getting a pedomiter) day and a hulk-smashing through productitiude like I did on Monday day. Pretty excited, I've got a LOT to do but I'm hoping that I can do it all and get to bed at a reasonable hour because I've been up past my bedtime all week so far. Keep your fingers crossed and have a FANTASTIC Wednesday.

• Like 2

Warrior, Ravenclaw, book lover, history nerd, Red Sonja wannabe

Current Challenge

Battle Log

82417876.gif

Go get 'em, girly! 

• Like 2

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Ok so for the most part I did great with the not eating junk yesterday. I made a crockpot stew that was really sad and not nearly as good as it should have been though. Afterwards I met my mom out for a friend's birthday. It was freezing and she had ordered soup but couldn't finish it, so I did have a little bit of bar-quality soup and french bread. Mostly to warm up. Not quite the successful day of fantastic eating I had planned, but by the time I had the soup it was already after my bed time so actually my standard day was decently successful.

Today is a lifting day, a running errands (and getting a pedomiter) day and a hulk-smashing through productitiude like I did on Monday day. Pretty excited, I've got a LOT to do but I'm hoping that I can do it all and get to bed at a reasonable hour because I've been up past my bedtime all week so far. Keep your fingers crossed and have a FANTASTIC Wednesday.

keep-calm-and-lift-on-mens-sleeveless_de

• Like 1
Level 4 Dragonborn Ranger
STR 5 |STA 4 | INT 2 | WIS 1 | CON 7 | CHA 5

Level 1 | Level 2 | Level 3 | Level 4

Looking forward to hearing about the smashing! :D

You know, I want to get a pedometer.. Gonna have to do that next time I am in town.

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

So, I went to the store, bought a pedomiter, it didn't work, I took it back and got one that did, 2 hours later I looked at it and it was no longer working. Might have to spend more than $5 on one...

It was a lifty day at the gym. I was really really struggling with squatting 135, which is absurd. It was so hard I almost cried in the squat rack. 1.5 months ago I was squatting 165! Ugh! I don't want to have to drop my squat weight even more but I may just to balance out. Anyway afterwards one of the guys in the gym came up to me and complimented my squat, told me my depth was good. Then one of the guys I chat with sometimes came up to me and told me that I'd obviously lost weight. I was in shock, I didn't really think I had lost weight at all. In late Novemeber I was 140ish when I weighted in the afternoon, and I know I was weighing in late December first thing in the mornings as 135. I figured it was just the difference of time of day. Well after my workout (when I normally weigh more, plus it was afternoon) I went and weight myself and I'm down close to 130. Since this was afternoon and after workout I can't imagine what the scale would say in the morning. I'm thinking as I steered my diet more and more toward paleo I dropped weight but maybe this is why my lifts are so hard? I know that I have issues getting enough healthy calories every day and I've fallen short on a lot of my more-primal days. Going to try eating more and see if I can nail it that way.

Work weights:

Squat 135x3x5

Bench 65x3x5

DL 125x3x5

Lat pulldown 100x1x2

With the lat pulldown I have no clue if this gym is in pounds or Kg, also since it is to prep me for the pullup my goal is really more to get one rep of higher weight than sets of reps

Personal productitude: Ran some errands, mostly didn't do much of anything, was in a funk. Has A really awsome lady (thanks Kid) call to help me with my resume. Will be finishing that tonight. I hulk-smashed nothing. :( Today I run all the errands in the other direction and then head home to finish the resume sprucing. Tomorrow, however, I expect to go she-hulk on all the things. NO MORE FUNK! Lots of Productitude for the gooderment of humanity and myself!

She-Hulk_Vol_1_9_Textless.jpg

• Like 1

Warrior, Ravenclaw, book lover, history nerd, Red Sonja wannabe

Current Challenge

Battle Log

Yeah for getting back to all things lifty!  You'll be back where you were in no time.  It's not bad to back off a little bit.  Much better than hurting yourself.

What's up with the sucky pedometers?  You're going to have to hulksmash the pedometers from the looks of it! :)

Happy Thursday!  Good luck with all of the errands.  What do you have planned for dinner?

I think you're right about needing to eat more to help your muscles build back up.  Go kick some ass, Jess!

Level 2 Warforged Druid

So, I went to the store, bought a pedomiter, it didn't work, I took it back and got one that did, 2 hours later I looked at it and it was no longer working. Might have to spend more than $5 on one...

It was a lifty day at the gym. I was really really struggling with squatting 135, which is absurd. It was so hard I almost cried in the squat rack. 1.5 months ago I was squatting 165! Ugh! I don't want to have to drop my squat weight even more but I may just to balance out. Anyway afterwards one of the guys in the gym came up to me and complimented my squat, told me my depth was good. Then one of the guys I chat with sometimes came up to me and told me that I'd obviously lost weight. I was in shock, I didn't really think I had lost weight at all. In late Novemeber I was 140ish when I weighted in the afternoon, and I know I was weighing in late December first thing in the mornings as 135. I figured it was just the difference of time of day. Well after my workout (when I normally weigh more, plus it was afternoon) I went and weight myself and I'm down close to 130. Since this was afternoon and after workout I can't imagine what the scale would say in the morning. I'm thinking as I steered my diet more and more toward paleo I dropped weight but maybe this is why my lifts are so hard? I know that I have issues getting enough healthy calories every day and I've fallen short on a lot of my more-primal days. Going to try eating more and see if I can nail it that way.

Work weights:

Squat 135x3x5

Bench 65x3x5

DL 125x3x5

Lat pulldown 100x1x2

With the lat pulldown I have no clue if this gym is in pounds or Kg, also since it is to prep me for the pullup my goal is really more to get one rep of higher weight than sets of reps

Personal productitude: Ran some errands, mostly didn't do much of anything, was in a funk. Has A really awsome lady (thanks Kid) call to help me with my resume. Will be finishing that tonight. I hulk-smashed nothing. :( Today I run all the errands in the other direction and then head home to finish the resume sprucing. Tomorrow, however, I expect to go she-hulk on all the things. NO MORE FUNK! Lots of Productitude for the gooderment of humanity and myself!

You'll get back to where you were...don't let a little step back defeat you...you are WAY too awesome to not kick some major ass! 

We'll get you back on top...cheering and pushing you along!

awesome-cat.jpg

• Like 1

Work weights:

Squat 135x3x5

Bench 65x3x5

DL 125x3x5

Lat pulldown 100x1x2

You'll get back to where you were...don't let a little step back defeat you...you are WAY too awesome to not kick some major ass! 

We'll get you back on top...cheering and pushing you along!

awesome-cat.jpg

I have been in the same funk and I want to smash all of the things because I am better than that for funksake.

EAT MOAR. MOAR PROTEINS. Have you been doing any protein shakes/smoothies? That's an easy way to add cals. I know we had talked about them before.

Cheap pedometers are a trap! I got one off of Amazon and it sucks nuggets. I've been using my phone and I don't feel like that is entirely accurate. I want to save up for a new wearable (fitbit) though. I saw a bunch get announced at CES, so I will be looking at those soon enough. That's right world... just take all of my monies!

I'm a time traveler, but I can only go one way and only a second at a time.