Forums are back in action! ×

JessFit's Fire

Hey, Jess!

tumblr_muihj2G0xy1skbydco4_400.jpg

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

I picked up this pedometer off Amazon for less than $20 and for counting my steps, it's been great.  Has a 7 day history as well.  Basic, but it's been working for a month now.  

http://www.amazon.com/Omron-HJ-321-Tri-Axis-Pedometer-Black/dp/B007ZWIJR2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1390487724&sr=8-2&keywords=pedometers

Level 2 Warforged Druid

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Wow! You are a beast girl! I am so impressed with your numbers. You would shame some of the men at my gym on those lifts. You rock. It's so awesome to me to see women lifting heavy in the forum because it's just not something that happens at my gym or any other I've been to.

It was a lifty day at the gym. I was really really struggling with squatting 135, which is absurd. It was so hard I almost cried in the squat rack. 1.5 months ago I was squatting 165! Ugh! I don't want to have to drop my squat weight even more but I may just to balance out. Anyway afterwards one of the guys in the gym came up to me and complimented my squat, told me my depth was good. Then one of the guys I chat with sometimes came up to me and told me that I'd obviously lost weight. I was in shock, I didn't really think I had lost weight at all. In late Novemeber I was 140ish when I weighted in the afternoon, and I know I was weighing in late December first thing in the mornings as 135. I figured it was just the difference of time of day. Well after my workout (when I normally weigh more, plus it was afternoon) I went and weight myself and I'm down close to 130. Since this was afternoon and after workout I can't imagine what the scale would say in the morning. I'm thinking as I steered my diet more and more toward paleo I dropped weight but maybe this is why my lifts are so hard? I know that I have issues getting enough healthy calories every day and I've fallen short on a lot of my more-primal days. Going to try eating more and see if I can nail it that way.

Work weights:

Squat 135x3x5

Bench 65x3x5

DL 125x3x5

Lat pulldown 100x1x2

With the lat pulldown I have no clue if this gym is in pounds or Kg, also since it is to prep me for the pullup my goal is really more to get one rep of higher weight than sets of reps

You hit the nail on the head with food. A drop in calories and weight will almost certainly drop your lifts as well. Now if you stay at your current weight you can still build that squat back up to what it was the process will just be a bit tougher now. Strength is a function of the nervous system. If you like the size you're at now just keep working at it and the numbers will go back up. If you don't mind putting on a little weight an increase in calories should raise your squat very quickly. As far as the lat pulldown it's in lbs. I would have a hard time believing you couldn't do a pull up with a 1.5x bodyweight lat pulldown :P

Again I am super impressed with your progress. Try not to get down on yourself for the small stuff :) (easier said than done I know lol)

"I like you just the way you are" - Mr. Rogers

In Br0din's name we gain.

Awww thanks guys! Batwoman, I have been drinking protein shakes but far less often than I used to. Maybe I'll have to up that...?  Half of me wants a fitbit, half of me is afraid that I'll never wear it and it would be a waste of monies.

Jitters, thanks, I'll look into that, just traded in some old school books to amazon so I've got amazon credit to spend.

Simon, you're being super sweet! Thanks! My numbers before the holidays were higher but all that time off and weight loss got to me. I think I'm going to try to put a couple of pounds back on, nothing major, but I'll build muscle faster and better if I feed that muscle.

Batwoman: ZOMG KITTEH IN THE TARDIS *Squee*

Warrior, Ravenclaw, book lover, history nerd, Red Sonja wannabe

Current Challenge

Battle Log

You're just warming up. Getting used to lifting again. I definitely think an increase in protein and a bit of carbs will help build that muscle.

I think a fitbit is worth it. I prefer the flex or force since its on your wrist and you don't take it off often. Clip on pedometers break and its easy to forget. There are a lot of new ones coming out but fitbit seems to be the standard. I like it and will be getting the force soon and my wife will get my flex.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Pinterest: Alex's Paleo Wins - Recipes on Pinterest              Instagram: alexcold23             MFP: dalex916

Guys, I feel liike this has been an extremly busy yet singularly unproductive week. Grrrrrrr! Also, I woke up with a headache. I'm really sucking at this week. I'm really really going to try to turn that around today, but I've said that the last two days too and not gotten anywhere. Ugh, also, there is now something ELSE wrong with my car (in addition to the sensor that I didn't fix yet) so it goes back in today for the O2 sensor and for them to tell me how much more of my money they're going to demand to make my car not a deathtrap. Sigh, not feeling she-hulk ish today.

Current Challenge

Battle Log

Make sure you bring your car to your shop for the other thing.  The last place sucked.  

You've got this, Jess.  It's not been a great week, but you've tried.  You're awake on this Friday the 24th, and you're still awesome.  You've got us cheering for you, even if you're not feeling she-hulkish.  

tumblr_muihj2G0xy1skbydco4_400.jpg

Level 2 Warforged Druid

I think you need some cosplay in your life.

You need to harness the badassness of she-hulk and red sonja and daenerys then punch all of that frustrating stuff right in the nuts!

Life sucks sometimes and I know you are trying your darndest. Try to remember that you can only control yourself and your attitude. A lot of the key to life is harnessed in that organ between your ears. Yes, cars are stupid, money is always a stress, headaches are... well headaches, but you have your health and you aren't being jettisoned into space. I know that it does not make your problems any smaller from your perspective. I think I am just saying that you have the power to make of any situation what you want to make out of it.

I hope things turn around for you this weekend and you smash all of the things in the face.

• Like 1

I'm a time traveler, but I can only go one way and only a second at a time.

Not at all.  Working out is one of the best things you can do to improve your mood.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Working out, and kitties on the drums, make me feel better too, but without a car that isn't very likely to happen. I've got an appointment with my not-jerks mechanics today and I'm hoping it isn't a big deal. Thanks guys, you rock! If I have a car then yoga tonight and lifting tomorrow morning <3

Also, I do need cosplay in my life. A list of my dream characters in no particular order or cup-size: Danerys, Catwoman, Red Sonja, and She Hulk. PS. my Danerys wig has been chillin in the back window of my car since Halloween. I'm told that it looks like I scalped someone.

• Like 2

Current Challenge

Battle Log

I see no reason for you not to play these characters.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Start with one thing, one small win and build momentum from there. "I stapled those papers like a champ!"  and then "I rocked that ninja report for work!"

and then harness your inner Daenerys Targaryen and kick today in the face!!! ROOOAAAAARR!!!

tumblr_inline_mmwdrp702k1qz4rgp.gif

Sorted Hufflepuff, Self Proclaimed Stark, Lover of LEGOS

Love the stuff you love, and pursue your passions without fear or regret.

Weekly Battle Log Here: Silver Sword

And be sure to sing after each victory.  That helps.  Bonus points for dancing.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Well done!

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Sorry things didn't go well. Hugs!

You do cosplay? Cool!  :)

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

I almost laughed out loud at work a few times... thats pretty frowned upon but I don't care.

Danerys is gonna go staple some papers like a champ! (This may or may not involve me wearing my danerys wig and yelling "Dracarys" at various projects that I work through tonight)

YEAH!!  It should go like this:

"I AM DANERYS STORMBORN OF HOUSE TARGARYEN!"

*staple*

"I AM DANERYS STORMBORN OF HOUSE TARGARYEN!"

*staple*

Once stapling is complete you sing and dance to songs from Tangled because they will fill you with joy!

tumblr_mk4x90lRwU1qa5wxio1_500.jpg

• Like 2

Sorted Hufflepuff, Self Proclaimed Stark, Lover of LEGOS

Love the stuff you love, and pursue your passions without fear or regret.

Weekly Battle Log Here: Silver Sword