Forums are back in action! ×

JessFit's Fire

OMG OMG OMG Tangled meets Danerys, yes!

I yelled Dracarys at a couple of things last night. Not as many as I would have liked but that's ok

Got in a good yoga class last night and got an arm balance (all my body weight supported by my arms with nothing but my hands on the floor) for a decent length of time. First time I've ever really gotten one for more than a few seconds. Also notice that my planks are getting far easier. DRACARYS PLANKS! Oh, and, um, namaste... yeah

Lifty this morning. Some bros were using the squat racks for everything but squats and I was on a time issue because my car needed to go back to the shop so I did some squats and lunges with an empty bar in the shoulder press rack. Also, my power clean form is pretty crappy, I really need lots of research into this. Thirdly, I deduced that the 100 that I did for lat pulldown Wednesday was pounds, because today I did 50 kg on this gym's lat pulldown machine. Almost at body weight, grrrr. And finally, some older Mexican man decided to follow me around saying a bunch of stuff in spanish and 3 words in English: "strong" and "skinny" and "pretty", which is theory was a compliment but in reality was a little weird so pretty much I was super distracted for a lot of my workout. Also, I need to learn more Spanish than "burrito" and "taco", really, I do. However, I have to ask, why do I always get these guys? Why me? Now I'm pretty much in for the weekend, yay! Time to Dracarys lots of stuff around the house.

Work weights:

Squats: 3x5x45 (stupid people in my squat rack)

Lunges: 2x10x45

Shoulder press: 3x5x50

Power Clean: 3x10x35 (working on form)

keep-calm-and-dracarys-3.png

Warrior, Ravenclaw, book lover, history nerd, Red Sonja wannabe

Current Challenge

Battle Log

Lol, I remember when we lived in CA and there were these older Mexican men who used to sit in front of the grocery store and do the same thing to women who went in and out. :wacko:

Awesome on that workout Jess! :triumphant: :triumphant:

• Like 1

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

The productitude has happened and I've yelled Dracarys at a lot today. Lots of personal productitide, and hopefully more to come. Cleaned my room and the kitchen, cooked bacon and hardboiled eggs for breakfast, made apple chips, prepped a paleo chicken and butternut squash soup for the crockpot tomorrow, hardboiled more eggs for the nomage in the morning, and made this DIVINE paleo Zuppa Toscana. I highly reccomend it to everyone. http://www.paleocupboard.com/zuppa-toscana-soup.html  Really, it is the most amazing thing I've eaten in ages. The bitterness of the kale, sweetness of the turnips, and sass of the suasage is a great combination.

I also ran to the grocery store, did all the laundry, and cleaned out the fridge (excessively so). Plus I went to the gym for a run. Anyone remember how awful my running was last challenge? How I was having trouble running 1/2 a mile? Well I take 2 months off from running, hit the treadmill again, and I ran 1.5 miles! Woohoo! That is the required run for the police exam and I ran it in less time than I will need to on the exam. Not a clue where that came from but SO HAPPY!

The boo side: Spent almost $200 on my car Fri-Sat for repairs. Light came back on today which means it wasn't just the sensor, it is the oil pump and I need to drop another $4-500 this week on this damn car. *headdesk* What even? If I had a real big-girl job that paid an actual liveable wage I could just buy a new car but that isn't really an option at this point in my life. Oh well, I'm trying to stay cheerful despite this. I hope everyone is having a great weekend and is ready for the week to come!

Current Challenge

Battle Log

First- thanks for the share on the recipe! NUMS!

Second- Wow, lol you were one busy productive girl today! :D

Third- I understand, we have a car like that. :rolleyes:

Good on you for keeping a good attitude and I wish you a wonderful Monday Jess!

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

clap-gif-22.gif

Way to go Jess! That's a super productitude filled weekend.

That soup looks yummy. I think it is funny that they picked a picture with the bowl of soup next to a pile of breadsticks. Good thing you are eating paleo soup because there is also an elephant's share of carbs on the side. bon apetite.

Sassy sausage is also great alliteration. I don't think I've ever described sausage as sassy, but I will now.

Car troubles really suck. I'm sending my car in for repairs this week. Part of me wants to save that money towards a down payment for a new one. Then the other part of me remembers how much I love not having a car payment each month. I'm like that Natalie Imruglia song.

Anywhosy... happy Monday :)

I'm a time traveler, but I can only go one way and only a second at a time.

Thanks guys! I really reccomend the soup, I'm sitting here waiting eagerly for lunch so I can eat it again. Not a clue what is with those breadsticks. I didn't read the whole post, maybe they're almond flour or something?

Batwoman, I so totaly feel your car pain. I really just want a couple more years out of this car. But this means I will have spent $1800+ on it ni the last two months. Ridiculous. Please keep your fingers crossed that I can at least put it off until Friday. I can't afford to miss work this week because I'm carless

Current Challenge

Battle Log

Holy Productitude Jess!!!  Way to get shit done!

Not Denarys (I looked for a happy Denarys gif but could not find one- that chick is all business!), but Cersei is also rather badass!

games-recap-ep3-3.gif

A completely unrelated note: I as I walked into work today I thought to my self "Let's get down to business!" and immediately started singing "to defeat the Huns!'"

(This daily does of nonsense brought to you by Productitude)

• Like 1

Sorted Hufflepuff, Self Proclaimed Stark, Lover of LEGOS

Love the stuff you love, and pursue your passions without fear or regret.

Weekly Battle Log Here: Silver Sword

mulan-o.gif

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Sassy sausage - I love that!  I'm going to be using that from now on.

I hear ya on the car repairs.  I'm with Batwoman - I need to get some repairs done and think about a new car but then I remember that I hate car payments and I drive 5k miles a year or less.  But still, car repairs are always so darned expensive!

If you want to learn Spanish, watch telenovelas on Univision.  My freshman year roommate in college was from El Salvador and I can tell you many of the finer plot points of Dos Mujeres Un Camino.  Whenever I get into an awkward situation where the use of Spanish is necessary, I just start singing that theme song, laugh, and slink quietly away.  Works every time!  ;-)

Welcome to the Sassy Sausage.  Would you like a high top table or a booth tonight?

The Sassy Sausage, where your two favorite thoughts come together.  (Get your minds out of the gutter, I was talking about good food and an awesome personality)

Sassy Sausages Save Lives.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

I was so excited for my amazing soup I didn't even think about wanting the pizza.

That's because it has Sassy Sausage in it.  :P

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

OHHI!

So I left work yesterday and went to the gym, it was crazy busy (jerks) so I didn't get my entire workout in. However I still lifted all the heavies. Then I went home to paleo chicken and butternut squash soup in the crockpot. Yummy. Also made blackberry and rasberry fruit leathers in the oven, next time I must remember to strain out the seeds. Then mom came home and we went to Zumba. All in all, yesterday was a great day even if I wasn't nearly as productive as I should have been (I may have curled up on the couch and caught up on Downton while my fruit leathers were in the oven... maybe) so today I shall kill the cleaning after job 2.

Work weights

Squat: 140x3x5

Lat pulldown: 60kg x1

Deadlift: 130x1x5

Current Challenge

Battle Log

Way to go on working out last night.  You'll have to share with me how to make fruit leather.  It sounds like something I would eat.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Super duper easy. Throw some fruit in a blender, pour it onto parchment paper on a baking sheet, bake it at 170 until it isn't liquid anymore. With apples I sometimes add a tiny bit of apple juice to get them to blend better and some cinnamon. With other fruits I sometimes add honey or lemon juice to manipulate the taste. Baking time varies. Last night it was a little over 3 hours. Also, I don't let it touch the sides of the pan and I try to spread it evenly, with a little more toward the edges because they dry out faster.

Current Challenge

Battle Log

Your annoyance with gym goers makes me chuckle. I think of an article I read a couple of years ago about how everyone's perception is everyone is an asshole, but me. Obviously you are all there for similar reasons, but you are annoyed by them being in your way. I mean I totally agree. I hate when places are crowded and I avoid people as much as I can. It's just tickles me.

Seems like you did quite a lot for a day, so you go and watch Downton. I indulged in some hockey and @midnight. Have to remember that rest and recovery is just as important as all the productitude that we want to be doing.

• Like 3

I'm a time traveler, but I can only go one way and only a second at a time.

Batwoman nailed it.  Rest and recovery is a huge part mentally and physically.

Also, that is why I go to the gym at 5am.  Some days (particularly days that end in d-a-y), I just hate people.  Except you guys.  I love you guys. <3

Awww...  We are pretty awesome, aren't we?  :)

You're doing great, Jess.  One day at a time.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Yep Batwoman, you're right. I guess my irritation with the people at my gym is that so many of them are rude, hog weights and benches, and use equipment improperly. I try really hard not to do any of those things because they make me so upset, but I'm not perfect and you're right. From this point on I shall try to be a better person and not hate the people in my gym so much, they are there to make themselves better and I should respect them for that. Wendy, I agree, people are dumb. but I start work so early that I can't gym very early b/c they're not yet open :(

Jitters, yep, we are pretty amazing. That is why I like it here so much.

So, they're bringing us food again for lunch. Some sort of BBQ and cornbread, we've had it before and it isn't very good. I brought leftover chicken and squash soup so I'll be avoiding the junk they provide. Yay paleo lunch! It is surprisingly easy to avoid their icky food. Especially since I know that this weekend Mom and friends and I are going out to lunch at my favorite Italian place, so I keep thinking of that as "worth it" not paleo food and this stuff as not worth it not paleo food.  

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Battle Log