Forums are back in action! ×

JessFit's Fire

Why keep it in the background?

bacon%2Bparty.jpg

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Yeahahahahahahahah!!!!!!  I am SOOOO HAPPY to read this!!  I'm sure you're able to relax a lot more these days because your stresses are disappearing.  YEEEEEAAAAHHH!  I'm smiling so big right now! I love it when good things happen for my friends and this is just beyond awesome.  I'm very glad you were able to get some help from Jitters and Kid, too!  How about that, NAG42?!

starlogo_trans.gif

• Like 1

Thanks guys, NAG42 is made of awsome and that is why I'm here! You're the best and I really appreciate the excitement at my news.

Alex, I'll be a paralegal in a lovely law firm downtown. Not sure how much daytime NFing I'll be doing but I'll keep up with everyone. Plus I'll be investing in a new pedomiter because now I'll be taking the train which means lots of walking

• Like 1

Warrior, Ravenclaw, book lover, history nerd, Red Sonja wannabe

Current Challenge

Battle Log

Whoooo Hooooo Jenn!!! So happy for you on the new job! That is so exciting and awesome! :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant:

And I am going to have to give the fruit leather a try! Must check and see if my oven goes that low.

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

Ok, so due to the lovely weather, my car being in the shop, and the interview and subsequent celebrations I haven't been to the gym since Monday. Tonight I'm hoping to yoga and pick up a pizza before the snow hits hard. Then I shall curl up with the downton and the sewing or something to keep me busy and happy and warm. Tomorrow is supposed to be a Chi NF meetup where we planned to lift but we are supposed to get 6 inches of snow tomorrow during the day and I'm not sure that drive is a good idea in the snow so I'm a maybe about that. Sunday shall be a lot of wonderfully non-paleo pasta at girls lunch and then who-knows-what for the superbowl. My mom may or may not be hosting a party.  Hoping to get a lift in Sunday if I don't tomorrow.

While I don't have much to report on the workout front I feel like I'm in a good place anyway. I took this challenge as a not-challenge to try to get a job. Mission accomplished. I also wanted to focus on myself and not stress. This is working! My morning routine is getting better, I'm using my "happy" sun lamp every morning for a few minutes while I get ready to combat winter blues, I'm taking my vitamin every day, and I haven't had to go out for food for lunch all month because I've been on top of that. My evening goal routine isn't as solid yet. The nightime yoga, meditiation, and journaling are spotty. That will be my goal for next week.

Now that I've knocked out my big goal for this not-challenge I'm excited for the next challenge to start. It will be an adventure getting used to my new schedule and learning how to fit in the gym. Yay adventures!

Current Challenge

Battle Log

Happy Friday, Jess.  Go kick some ass today!

fight-between-two-ninjas_4f32a9b1c1bcd-p

Level 2 Warforged Druid

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

There's nothing wrong with adventure.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Ohhi!  It is Monday. Monday funday? Not usually, but I'm going to try!

I've eaten so not paleo for the last 5 days. "Celebratory" and all. How can I turn down celbratory food, in honor of my new job, at my favorite pasta place? Paleo isn't a "goal" of mine in the defined sense so I worry less about that, but I'm for sure feeling slugish from the pasta, pizza, and fried pickles that have been a part of my life lately. Worth it? Hell yes. Can I live like this regularly? Oh lord no! Aiming for pretty paleo the rest of the day today to reset a little.

Friday I ran, went to yoga, and got bird of paradise pose in yoga! Woohoo!

Saturday I lifted, no power cleans because the bar wasn't available :( Oh well, still a good workout, plus LOTS of snow shoveling.

Work weights:

Squats: 145x3x5

OHP: 57.5x1x5 & x1x3 <-Harder than I remembered it would be

Lat pulldown: 120 pounds

3 sets of: 1 jumping parallel pullup, controlled lower, 1 jumping regular pullup, controlled lower, and 3 dips.

This weekend I also got back into sewing. Making travel sets for a friend's parents who are going out of the country soon. Made passport covers, luggage tags, sleep masks, and the dad got a shoe bag and the mom got a jewlery bag. I also LEARNED HOW TO USE THE EMBRIODERY FUNCTION ON MY MACHINE! So excited! I needed a couple nights of staying up late sewing and wathcing Downton (I finished season 4). It was wonderful.

Today I plan to lift and maybe run, clean a good bit, and then I'm taking my mom to a yoga class with my favorite teacher. Here is to hoping for a productitude day.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Battle Log

Sounds like a solid weekend, Jess.  Make today so much fun, if only to confuse and frighten your coworkers.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Wow Chicka, good lifting. 

You know, you're ability to squat more than me motivates me very much. Keep it up!

Also that 120 lat pull-down is no joke!

Make today so much fun, if only to confuse and frighten your coworkers.

If I were her coworker I would just think: Huh, Jess is really happy. She must have gotten laid over the weekend. Mental high five! :snaps fingers:

• Like 1

Pinterest: Alex's Paleo Wins - Recipes on Pinterest              Instagram: alexcold23             MFP: dalex916

Wow Chicka, good lifting. 

You know, you're ability to squat more than me motivates me very much. Keep it up!

Also that 120 lat pull-down is no joke!

If I were her coworker I would just think: Huh, Jess is really happy. She must have gotten laid over the weekend. Mental high five! :snaps fingers:

Hey thanks, you'll get there, I promise. I started super light!

Also, I didn't get laid, I ate great food and lifted a lot of weights, but the results are similar. :D

Current Challenge

Battle Log

Hey thanks, you'll get there, I promise. I started super light!

Also, I didn't get laid, I ate great food and lifted a lot of weights, but the results are similar. :D

Oh I know, I'm in no hurry. Just extra motivating to me. There's a little tiny girl, maybe 110lbs tops who squats more than me. Extra motivating.

That's just what I would assume of someone overly happy on a Monday.

Pinterest: Alex's Paleo Wins - Recipes on Pinterest              Instagram: alexcold23             MFP: dalex916

Check you out with lifting all the heavy things!!  Also, when you said you nailed the bird of paradise, I thought of a ship on Star Trek.  Yeah, not the same thing. ;)

I'm so jealous you can sew. I had a sewing machine once and nearly put my eye out.  I've decided sewing is not for me! :)

I'm trying to figure out how you accomplished that Wendy.  :)  That's talent, right there.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Well, I guess I didn't put the needle back in correctly after trying to rethread it with different colored thread.  I turned it on, stepped on the pedal, and the needle went flying, inches from my eye.  From that point on the demon machine was banished from my domicile.  And thus began my fear of sewing machines, in good company with escalators.