Forums are back in action! ×

JessFit's Fire

Wendy, I am in awe of your stories.  The Needle of Doom, the Escalators of Hungry Vengeance and the S&R Atop a Mountain are going to have to get into a book sometime.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Hey there Jess!

You are doing awesome! Congrats on the bird of paradise pose!

I was just given a sewing machine and have no clue how to use it though I would love to learn. I have only sewn by hand. I also would love to learn embroidery!

Wish you a wonderful & productive day!

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

Thanks Ash! Sewing is pretty easy, look up some youtube tutorials on how to make a throw pillow or something and go from there.

Ok so the lift and run didn't happen yesterday, nor did the cleaning. I got a call from my dad that he wanted to do dinner instead. Since I have been busy every other time he has called lately I decided the other things could wait until today and I went out to eat. Managed to eat pretty healthy, maybe healthier than I would have at home! Also took my mom to yoga. She isn't a fan but I think she will feel it today. I had her take beginning pictures for Bird of Paradise pose so I can meausre progress. The truth is, I could have taken it farther and extended my leg and all but she was taking FOREVER to take a photo and I held the pose for at least 3 minutes to get 2 pictures. So it will just look like I've progressed even more next time. Pictures are below.

Looks like snow this evening. Hoping it holds off long enough for me to get to the gym. Tomorrow is supposed to be very bad, so we will see what happens there.

February 2014 bird of paradise pose progress photo

Warrior, Ravenclaw, book lover, history nerd, Red Sonja wannabe

Current Challenge

Battle Log

Wendy, we go into warrior 2, then the extended angle, then bring the top hand back and the bottom arm under the leg and grab hands, then we bring the other leg in to function as a base and stand up. Not sure that makes total sense but that is the best way I can describe it. If you can nail that then you can extend the foot upwards. I can do that but I'm less stable so this is the starting point. The goal is to have the leg against the side of the bode and the arms straight across the back and the spine straight up. I've got a long way to go!Try it and let me know how you do with it.

Current Challenge

Battle Log

Hello lovelies! My laptop cord went to heaven this past weekend and it looks like the new one won't be here until Wednesday so I'm not following along as well as I should be. Sorry!

Also haven't been to the gym since Saturday, didn't go out at all yesterday. Tried to get to work and the roads were terrible so I went come and called off of both jobs and wore sweat pants all day. Hoping that I will be able to get to the gym today. I may pop in to a plowerlifting gym that I've discovered. I doubt I'll switch gyms, what with my new schedule and this gym being more expensive and out of the way, but I want to see it anyway.

Both excited and nervous that tomorrow will be my last ever Friday at this job. Next Thursday is my last day. This whole starting a new job thing is nerve wracking. And the whole two weeks notice thing is stressful too.

Current Challenge

Battle Log

Next Friday is going to be a day unlike any you've had since you started this job.  Your meals will taste better and you will feel more relaxed than before (for a couple reasons).  It's going to be a good day.  You've done great with your challenge and you are poised to finish the day before you start your new job.  How about that?  Kick ass, Jess!

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

New jobs are always scary because you have to learn new things and find your comfort zone. I'm always scared that somehow the new job will somehow think I'm a fraud and throw me out the door, but that is just silly nonsense that my brain makes up. The truth is that they hired you for a reason and it will only be a short time before you find your groove.

I love the 2-week notice time period. You can do whatever you want! What are they going to do? Fire you?

I'm a time traveler, but I can only go one way and only a second at a time.

New jobs are always scary because you have to learn new things and find your comfort zone. I'm always scared that somehow the new job will somehow think I'm a fraud and throw me out the door, but that is just silly nonsense that my brain makes up. The truth is that they hired you for a reason and it will only be a short time before you find your groove.

Funny thing is, I had made mention about them hiring her on the spot and she kind of laughed it off.  And what happened, Jess?  :)

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Batwoman, somehow they've decided that giving me even more work in these two weeks is the best route... I'm confused

Jitters, they hired me on the spot...

Everyone, Good morning and happy Friday!

Checked out the power lifting gym yesterday. LOVED it! They didn't try to sell anything, they were super chill, 0 guys hit on me, the weights and benches were well used but obviously also well loved, and nobody was curling in the squat rack. This woman who claims to work out there a lot was nice enough to show me around. She's a competitive power lifter. It was a great gym, if only it wasn't out of my way and out of my price range. :( However it was great, for the first time in a long time, to walk into a room and know that I was by far the weakest woman person there.

Went to my main gym for my lift. Some bro in the squat rack the entire hour of my workout doing NOT SQUATS! Here is my thing, yes, you want to do shrugs, and yes power cleans and hang cleans are respectable, but we have one squat rack. ONE EFFING SQUAT RACK but there are half a dozen usually empty places you can do those other exercises. I know I have a reputation for hating on people who do other stuff in the squat rack and I get that often times I do, but we have ONE squat rack, is it really too much of me to ask that you do those other exercises in the areas set aside for them? Please don't disrespect every other person in the weights area of the gym by monopolizing it for over an hour to use it for exercises it is not designed for. If there were multiple squat racks I would care a lot less but we have one, lets not be rude and dumb about it. Please. I know that you pay the same gym fees and have the same goals as I do, and the guy was really getting in a decent workout, but it still just strikes me as the height of rudeness.

Anyway, rant over, workout breakdown time. Workweights below:

Squats (in the shoulder press rack): 3x5x35

Lunges: 2x10x45

Bench: 3x5x65

Deadlift: 1x5x115 <- had hoped to do 135 but I really wasn't feeling it. Decided to stay safe and stick with low weights

Power cleans: 1x5x60 <-Woohoo! New PR!

Supersets: 3 rounds of the following: 1 chinup, 1 jumping parallel pullup with controlled lower, 1 jumping pullup with controlled lower, 3 dips

Also, I got a blister under the callous on my hand. How does that even happen?

Current Challenge

Battle Log

Have you ever been to Hawaii?  I was really shocked when I saw a Loco Moco for the first time; a hamburger steak topped with a fried egg and brown gravy served with (double fat mayo'd) macaroni salad ("mac salad") and a side of white rice.  OMG.  Sasa and I tried to share one. 

I get blisters under my callouses on my feet from hiking.  I, too, was marveling at how such a feat could occur.  << see what I did there?  But for reals, that hurts. 

Alex, not really. Nothing within reasonable distance. Which is sad because I would adore lifting at a real no-nonsense gym.

Wendy, giggles, you're funny. My avatar is me doing yoga in Hawaii. Loved it. Shrimp tacos and real fruit smoothies were amazing.

For serious, this blister hurts. I popped it (I know how bad that is) but now I think it hurts more. Blisters on the bottom of your feet are the WORST! The sides, you can find shoes that don't rub them, but on the bottoms the pain in unavoidable.

Current Challenge

Battle Log

I can't focus on...hey look, snow! :)

I heard that exact same thing from my son last week when it snowed.  That's too funny.  I was asking him to focus on his book he was reading.

Level 2 Warforged Druid