Forums are back in action! ×

What made you smile today?

I went to The Pig the other night (barbecue / social house) with my son, who just turned 13.  It's generally a grownup place, but does allow kids, and I've been talking about how it is hands-down the best Western cuisine (barbecued meat and potatoes and slaw) in town. I've been trying to take him since last year, but it had a brief problem with.. burning down.  BUT It's back, and we went.  I didn't mention it also has the prettiest waitresses in town, and my son is awkward even for an introverted 13-year old boy.  It was kind of awesome to watch, and the watress was super-nice trying to get him to talk.

Also, pork-and-bacon-and-brisket-filled-potato-skins-with-slaw-and-house-ranch-and-three-kinds-of-cheese. o.O

This is awesome 

and I would look like Jabba the Hut if I lived there! 

Also, pork-and-bacon-and-brisket-filled-potato-skins-with-slaw-and-house-ranch-and-three-kinds-of-cheese. o.O

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

Not today, per se, but lately:

- getting a shower and putting on clean clothes

- every time LeechBlock, a Firefox addon, blocks a site I'm not supposed to slip checking because I'm working,

a small, faint smile tugs my lips: "Procrastination habit, I got you this time."

• Like 2

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

The bewbs thread on the nfa Fb group

• Like 1

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

So for my job, I have to take papers that are corrected by someone else, think red pen in school, and then make the changes digitally to those sheets.

Right now I have 1 set of pages, copied two times, being worked on my two correctors, that I just put through the system. I already know they're not the same changes on both sheets, and I know it's probably coming back... it's one of those days that you just gotta smile before you choke someone.

• Like 3

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Talked to an old friend from high school. Nice to hear from her, I think the last time I talked to her was about 2 years ago (when I was a miserable bastard).

• Like 1

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

I'm still waiting for my Thank You card from Thrillho... :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Princess Ninja.

Argh. :( They are on my desk at home, and I occasionally look at them and feel bad and then forget to envelope them up.  Argh.  Feel free to send me letter bombs if I don't get those out this weekend!

• Like 1

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

Good news! The cards are all set to go out.

And just to make them EVEN MORE authentically from my house, many of them will be adorned with food stains.  Because my kids.  Oi.

One thing, Guzzi... your e-mail addie and delivery name are very different.  Is that a typo on my end, or is that supposed to happen?

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

My "adopted sister" randomly texted me today and asked if I wanted to go out for coffee or something. It was a delightful surprise, and a very welcome break from spring cleaning.

Also, a new kind of peacock spider was discovered recently in Queensland and named the Sparklemuffin spider. Its mating dance looks like drunk dancing. (The whole video is fun to watch, but start it at 3 min. for Sparklemuffin hilarity.)

• Like 3

the two extra people living in my house have moved out... and I will lose another one at the beginning of april... then I get to have my own bedroom!!!! 

so excited!

• Like 1

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Two things made me smile today.

Number 1:

11075159_626944024106377_646225813679091

My punching bag came today, oh how fun it was to fill the base using a measuring jug 1 pint at a time.

Number 2:

1959528_626944020773044_3452619372989174

Putting a horse mask on my cardboard cutout of Jenna Louise Coleman.

Today has been a good day.

Follow me on snapchat or instagram @ catintherack

Squat: 115kg

Bench: 77.5kg

Deadlift: 130kg

Total: 322.5kg

Weight: 68kg