Forums are back in action! ×

What made you smile today?

Lol.. I would love to hear someone reciting poetry while fighting.

Take thy beak from out my heart *wham*

Take thy form from off my door!... *Kapow*

Quoth the raven... NEVERMORE!... *BOOM*

Honestly, this is what made me smile today ^^

• Like 2

Level 2

Elfin Water Bender

:: STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 3 | WIS 2 | CHA 1 ::

"Remember, your mind is the best weapon you have" ~ Farengar Secret-Fire

Honestly, this is what made me smile today ^^

Glad to hear it... :-)

What made me smile, is the sudden realization that, despite it being a couple weeks now, there is a kid out there who's going to be on the receiving end of a nice head of hair (Donated to Locks of Love). The avatar is the old me... this is the new. :-)

gallery_18131_992_471862.jpg

• Like 4

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

What made me smile, is the sudden realization that, despite it being a couple weeks now, there is a kid out there who's going to be on the receiving end of a nice head of hair (Donated to Locks of Love). The avatar is the old me... this is the new. :-)

You look heaps younger and neater, in a good way :) Very kind gesture too :positive:

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Way to go!  I'm growing out for my third donation.  Such a great thing to do - this just made me smile :)

• Like 1

To the guys who know what it's like to get ambushed by an unwanted "friend standing at attention" they have a solution.

https://www.distractify.com/bloxers-4-boners-1249884945.html

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

I was having a casual walk arounf Home Sense today (was shopping in the area and this shop never fails to cheer me up somehow) when I saw a statue of Atlas holding the world on his shoulders. I'm having a really tough time shouldering everything that's going on in my life but seeing that made me smile. If a titan can literally hold the weight of the world on his back, I can shoulder a broken heart and depression. At least until I find a way to fix it.

...I really should have bought that statue.

• Like 1

Level 9 Pixie

I may not be the strongest, the fastest, or the bravest. But I'll be damned if I'm not trying my hardest.
17 STR ¦ 17 STA ¦ 13 CON ¦ 17 WIS ¦ 13 CHA ¦ 12 DEX

Latest Challenge! , Battle Log! , CHARACTERYAY

James Earl Jones, reads the Raven, always makes me smile, although Christopher Lee does a mighty fine job too. ( RIP )

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sXU3RfB7308

Me and my wife DRIVE THE KIDS INSANE by taking turns reciting this every year around Hallowe'en, and seeing who can be the best Homer.  Our just-had-a-fourth-beer recitals are LEGENDARY. 

• Like 3

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

dude...you look GREAT with short hair :)

• Like 1

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

2156034681c8bffc2398d0a726161e37.jpg

I finally got cleared by my knee surgeon to squat and dead lift yesterday. So today I did

hmmmm... sent by magic.... or fairies.... or small woodland creatures maybe? how does this thing work?

• Like 1

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

2156034681c8bffc2398d0a726161e37.jpg

I finally got cleared by my knee surgeon to squat and dead lift yesterday. So today I did

hmmmm... sent by magic.... or fairies.... or small woodland creatures maybe? how does this thing work?

Woohoo... I'd have done went insane... Or would that be sane in my case

My first challenge

Last i did squats was the week of 18 April. I was able to get out and start hiking again about eh 3 weeks ago? Maybe 4? It's been a long hellish recovery. I was outta work for 11 weeks

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Stumbled upon this gem on the forums:

(NSFW because of abundant swearwords. It's kinda obvious, tho :tongue:)

• Like 4

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker