Forums are back in action! ×

What made you smile today?

"The national animal of Scotland is the unicorn."

You have to be kidding me.

No, it is.

*grinning my ears off*

• Like 1

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

I was just given the role of "Primary Contact" for a job, for the first time ever.  Then I was casually informed by my boss that it was going to happen a lot more with this one client, just because they seem to like me.

• Like 2

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

Hearing the sheepies go MMMMEEEEH whilst doing my negative pull-ups

Level 2 Furyan Ranger    You keep what you kill

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3
6.1 6.2 | Duolingo | Daily Fitocracy

Spoiler

Captain Hammer: Have I seen you at the gym?

Billy: [smiles] At the gym!

Captain Hammer: [to himself] I don't go to the gym, I'm just naturally like this...

Went down to the barber to get a straight razor shave yesterday, and during the shave the barber "complimented" me on my goatee... "This is probably the thickest goatee I've ever had to shave, mustache is definitely the thickest, goatee is up there."

I took it as a complement.

We then started talking about handlbar mustaches. His is awesome, got a good 1.5 to 2 inch diameter loop going on.

• Like 2

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

My pomeranian. She was sitting on my lap and I squished her mane around her face and yelled "Pom taco!!!!" She snorted at me. The indignity!

• Like 2

"Being split in two halves is no theory with me, Doctor. I have a human half, you see, as well as an alien half, submerged, constantly at war with each other. Personal experience, Doctor. I survive it because my intelligence wins out over both, makes them live together." -- S'chn T'gai Spock 

I'm at the gym as fiance shows up, already done a couple sets of squats.

Me: Why did I sign up for this??

Her: For what?

Me: *points in the general direction of the rack* That... I was fine being lazy at home, watching TV...

Her: *In a "hey dumbass" voice*  Have you looked in the mirror?? You can see it in your shoulders, and we both know your ass is a lot tighter. That's what you signed up for....

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

Steve's email about Scott Dinsmore. I cried when I found out he'd died. And I cried again reading the email. It was a good email. 

I cried, but it made me smile :)

He's dead?! :oDamn. Really liked the work he did.

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

He's dead?! :oDamn. Really liked the work he did.

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. I hadn't read the email when I posted above.

Steve's friend, not mine :) I only knew of him through his online stuff. He seemed to be an extraordinary guy. I was pretty inspired when I saw his TED talk. He was living it, not just preaching it, you know?

I aim to misbehave.

Battle log

I was recognized not by my clothes, or my looks... but by my food. Yeah... they knew who I was because of the lunch I was making in the break room. I was turned away from them when they walked in.

• Like 1

My first challenge

No, it is.

*grinning my ears off*

True story.  And their national flower is the thistle.

That nursery rhyme about the lion and the unicorn (which features in "Stardust") is actually about the conquest of Scotland by England (the lion).

Also, the national animal of Wales is the dragon, but you probably already knew that one.

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Also, the national animal of Wales is the dragon, but you probably already knew that one.

Whaaaat?! :D :D :DGetting better and better.

No, it is.

*grinning my ears off*

I'm often surprised how few people in Britain actually know this. Considering the royal coat of arms (which is on everyone's passport) consists of the English lion and a chained up Scottish unicorn

Kangaroo AND Emu. We eat our coat of arms animal representatives!

The story being that neither animal can actually walk backwards, therefore symbolising our inability to back away from adversity, or back down from a fight. Ummmm, yep 1912 and we were still spoiling for a fight.

http://www.australian-information-stories.com/australian-coat-of-arms.html

• Like 2

Wait! What............?

Aussie flag, red, white, blue, representing the yoke of the English by the Union Jack in the corner on defaced blue with white stars, the big star under the Union Jack, the Commonwealth Star has seven points representing the states and territories of Australia, the other stars are the Southern Cross, only seen in the Southern Hemisphere, also seen on the Brazilian flag, not to mention every bogan alive in Australia has a Southern Cross tattoo on their neck or forearm. Dickheads.

https://www.itsanhonour.gov.au/symbols/flag.cfm

Gold and green? It represents the Australian golden wattle. Unique to us I suppose, but a bloody plant that grows like a weed!

http://worldwidewattle.com/infogallery/symbolic/nationalcolours.php

Not to mention our "girt by sea" National Anthem! :P

• Like 2

Wait! What............?

Aussie flag, red, white, blue, representing the yoke of the English by the Union Jack in the corner on defaced blue with white stars, the big star under the Union Jack, the Commonwealth Star has seven points representing the states and territories of Australia, the other stars are the Southern Cross, only seen in the Southern Hemisphere, also seen on the Brazilian flag, not to mention every bogan alive in Australia has a Southern Cross tattoo on their neck or forearm. Dickheads.

https://www.itsanhonour.gov.au/symbols/flag.cfm

Gold and green? It represents the Australian golden wattle. Unique to us I suppose, but a bloody plant that grows like a weed!

http://worldwidewattle.com/infogallery/symbolic/nationalcolours.php

Not to mention our "girt by sea" National Anthem! :tongue:

We are (were) big yokers. We left our flag all over the world. It was like the invention of graffiti tagging

• Like 1

I REALLY want to post my favorite Australian song, but it's so wildly NSFW that I don't even know how to begin warning people.

If you accidentally let us know the song,

and if we happened to find it, like totally on our own,

you couldn't be held liable, could you?

• Like 1