Forums are back in action! ×

I've moved out of my parents house... To the other side of the world.

Wow guys, I've actually done it. I'm gone and made the jump from Vancouver Canada all the way to Australia where I'll be travelling/backpacking/ bouncing around for the next year. After that well, who knows?

It's all a little overwhelming right now to be honest, the combination of actually living on my own + living in an entirely different environment then I've grown up in before, but between the bouts of panic and "Oh my god what have I done" attacks, I'm actually feeling really good about where I'm at.

And for my first full day here in beautiful Australia I woke up at 5:30 am due to jet lag and went and worked out on a playground. Go me. :D

• Like 3
"If you don't know where you're going, any road'll take you there"

YEA!!!!!  Congrats on being really brave and starting this adventure. 

Look up Lycan Thom in the Rangers - I think he's a fellow Aussie who originated from another continent.  You two can swap stories!!

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

Welcome to Australia! I'm a Victorian Aussie born and bred. If you'd like any suggestions for pretty places to visit in Victoria let me know. :D

Also high five for the playground workout! Good stuff.

I'm here so I'd have a chance in The Hunger Games. I'm here so that if the Doctor grabbed my hand and said "Run" I'd be able to keep up. I'm here so that I can climb every mountain.... Oh hello Sound of Music how did you creep in there?

Thanks for all the encouragement! You folks are awesome :)

Today is day three and so far it's the best one yet! (Also the hottest)

Any recommendations are absolutely always welcome, Mr Hooded-warrior Aussie. XD

"If you don't know where you're going, any road'll take you there"

WELL *cracks knuckles and wriggles fingers*

The Dandenong Ranges are gorgeous. For walking in and driving through. Winding roads, tall trees and ferns. Lots of little cute towns.

Phillip Island - Penguins! Seals! Beaches!

Wilson's Promontory - wombats! Other miscellaneous wildlife! Beaches! Squeaky sand. Seriously squeaky. Stunning wilderness.

Smaller but also pretty walks/parks: Tarra Bulga national park, Mount Cannibal, Toorongo Falls.

If you like history check out the Goldfields towns (Ballarat, Bendigo area) and there's also the Shrine of Rememberance in Melbourne.

Melbourne the city is a whole new list of possibilities. Great art galleries, buildings (like the State Library) alleyways and arcades. Man. I love Melbourne.

• Like 1

I'm here so I'd have a chance in The Hunger Games. I'm here so that if the Doctor grabbed my hand and said "Run" I'd be able to keep up. I'm here so that I can climb every mountain.... Oh hello Sound of Music how did you creep in there?

Congrats on the big move and welcome to the lucky country, you're going to love it ;)

@barefootdawsy is ex-Vancouver and I'm ex-UK, we're both Sydney based. We have meetups in Sydney every couple months so if you're rounds these parts give us a shout and we'll make you feel welcome :)

Check out the Aussies here: Aussie Rebels

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

You left Canada during the playoffs?!?!?!

Well, I don't blame you, not like Van was even in the playoffs... *cough*cough* hehe

But all kidding aside that is one brave thing you did! I'm 35, and been living on my own for 18 years now. I don't think I am brave enough to live on my own AND in a completely different country! 

That is some crazy brave stuff right there!