228 members have voted

1. 1. What is your level of education?

• High School
    • Associate's Degree
    • Bachelor's Degree
    • Master's Degree
    • Doctorate
    • Other? Post on thread

I was homeschooled, which is great in theory, but I never got to do any actual academic study and now I'm a little stumped! No qualifications except minor certificates in (of all things) 'sculpture' and photography. Neither very useful, of course. Thankfully, I have been able to live on my small business selling paintings... up until I lost my studio, anyway. I consider life the best education of course, but that doesn't mean you can't supplement it, so hopefully one day I'll be able to go and get some structured education.

| STR 15 | DEX 14 | STA 14 | CON 10.5 | WIS 11 | CHA 7 | Level 5

Ocelot's Dossier - Battle Log | Springing into my Sixth Challenge!

Two bachelor's degrees for me. One in Chemistry and one in Accounting Science. Also have a CA(SA) (equivalent of US CPA) and CFP.

OK - so I really like studying.

Have contemplated doing a PhD part time, but won't really help much in my career.

Do not worry if you have built your castles in the air.
They are where they should be.
Now put the foundations under them
. - Henry David Thoreau

2 Associate degrees. My first was in cellular biology but after two years I didn't feel like spending more years and money in a branch that have very few jobs available. So I went in a computer science degree, where I was spending half of my time working and half of my time studying. That way I was able to be financially independent really soon, damn poor (most effective diet ever >_<) , but I was debt free (and still am) and I didn't have to ask my parent's some money (even when I was half starving, too much pride).

I'm still working as a computer programmer today.

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

Oh the joy of absurdly long qualifications.

BA (Hons) Architecture

BArch (Hons) Architecture (Should be a PG Dip in Architecture but University got more subsidy from govt. for re-classifying it!).

PG Diploma in Architectural Practice

Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) Pt1 / Pt2 / Pt3

Architects Registration Board (ARB) Pt2 / Pt3 (Notice no Pt1...it's an extremely contentious issue).

Guess what I do for a living...

GoToTheGround"The two most powerful warriors are patience and time" - Leo TolstoyTwitter | My 130lb weight-loss journey in photos & words 

Oh the joy of absurdly long qualifications.

BA (Hons) Architecture

BArch (Hons) Architecture (Should be a PG Dip in Architecture but University got more subsidy from govt. for re-classifying it!).

PG Diploma in Architectural Practice

Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) Pt1 / Pt2 / Pt3

Architects Registration Board (ARB) Pt2 / Pt3 (Notice no Pt1...it's an extremely contentious issue).

Guess what I do for a living...

Now this guy should know what Phi is!

I have no idea what any of those crazy Euro degrees mean...

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

BS in Physics and MS in Electrical Engineering. Every once in awhile I toy with the idea of getting a PhD--but right now I'll wait at least until my baby is grown up a bit more. If I get a PhD in the next 20-30 years it would likely be in EE; if I wait until I retire I dream of getting a PhD in Literature from a very pretty non-land-grant liberal arts university. :smile-new:

SpiralGalaxy, Level 9 Halfling Elf Assassin
STR 17|DEX 13|STA 20|CON 13|WIS 21|CHA 15
Electromagnetics Engineer, Freelance sci-fi critic in Maryland

"I'm not telling you it's going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it." 

BS in Physics and MS in Electrical Engineering. Every once in awhile I toy with the idea of getting a PhD--but right now I'll wait at least until my baby is grown up a bit more. If I get a PhD in the next 20-30 years it would likely be in EE; if I wait until I retire I dream of getting a PhD in Literature from a very pretty non-land-grant liberal arts university. :smile-new:

If you get a PhD in EE don't have your dissertation on sigma-delta converters. Everybody does one of those. Be bold! Be original!

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

I was homeschooled too! I never went to a traditional school of any sort until I went to college. If you're wanting to get into academic study, I don't know what they have in the UK but here they have community colleges that are incredibly cheap (by comparison) and allow you to take a broad array of classes that might interest you! That way you can figure out your interests and then pursue a degree in that, if thats what your goal is. The perk of being homeschooled, you already know how to teach yourself!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pixie Druid: Currently on first challenge!

STR - 2 CON - 2.5

DEX - 4 WIS - 2.5

STA - 1.5 CHA - 2.5

I have an associates degree completed but went back to school for my bachelor's. Associates in Graphic Design.. and bachelors in the same thing. yay for starting over. But I checked Associates degree.

DoodleDwarven Adventurer Level 2= STR-3 | DEX-2 | STA-2 | CON-3 | WIS-2 (+1) | CHA-2 (+1)

When Life pushes Me.. I Push Back Harder

Current Challenge: Doodle's finds her spirit again. (Level 2) | First challenge: Level 1: finding the canvas

Leader of The Mighty Adventuring CompanionsMyFitnessPal | fitocracy

If you get a PhD in EE don't have your dissertation on sigma-delta converters. Everybody does one of those. Be bold! Be original!

No worries -- if I do one, it could easily have something to do with lightning effects and pyrotechnic systems, woohoo! :victorious:

SpiralGalaxy, Level 9 Halfling Elf Assassin
STR 17|DEX 13|STA 20|CON 13|WIS 21|CHA 15
Electromagnetics Engineer, Freelance sci-fi critic in Maryland

"I'm not telling you it's going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it." 

What's wrong with a triple major?

Well, to get a double major I had 2 elective classes in 3 years, everything else was required classes for my degree. So doing a triple would have meant overloading & doing summer school all the time in order to get all the required classes in, which just wasn't going to happen (I value my sanity!). I'm looking at doing a professional masters (eg museum studies or information management, rather than a masters of history) though, or maybe another bachelors, once I decide what I want to do now that I'm done uni