Forums are back in action! ×

Challenge YOUR body image.

Two questions

1) What color is your guitar?

2) Who's you favorite 80s band?

1) I'm but a lowly pianist, and an out of practice one at that. 

2)Man I am so bad at remembering years I couldn't tell you. There isn't much I don't like though. 

I assume you're talking to me if not please ignore my stupidity. 

• Like 1

I am the one who steps from the shadows, all trench coat and arrogance.

"How did you expect it to feel? You are free, Jacen Solo, and that can be lonely, and empty, and frightening. But it is also powerful."

Passion has overthrown tyrants and freed prisoners and slaves. Passion has brought justice where there was savagery. Passion has created freedom where there was nothing but fear. Passion has helped souls rise from the ashes of their horrible lives and build something better, stronger, more beautiful.

Current Challenge-the Making of a Sith Lord

0%
0%

Recruit | Level 0

Anyway, I don't know where exactly I'd find a picture of someone else that I could compare to, because mentally I'm still way outta touch with what I actually look like. 

Doctor Who. You look like Doctor Who. The hot one.

• Like 7

It's the moose on the inside that counts.

EcB8HD6.jpg?1

Yea, the only mirror I have in my house is attached to the medicine cabinet. Most days I feel like punching that. I don't do body image very well.

I'm the same, except I'm not angry about it, just sad. But that picture, yup.

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

Oh, yes. David Tennant. This is a good thing.

I'm stalking the Goodwill for a full-length mirror as we speak. Haven't had one for a decade. It's time for me to stop dodging myself.

I hope it helps! It was worse for me, maybe once I'm under 200, but my yoga mat is enough for me to not dodge it too much.

• Like 1

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

I just set up my new Fitbit! Anyone wanna be my friend? (but you have to tell me how to add you...I dont know that part yet! LOL!) 

I actually just lucked out and got an amazing deal through my company (and I get to go to a Wellness Expo wheeeee) and am getting my Fitbit Surge in a few weeks, I'll message you my details when I get it :D 

• Like 2

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both

I've busted my frickin Zip three times, so it's just another little thingie on my nightstand.

its still busted? or you just refuse to use it based on past experience? and maybe next time get a Flex or one of the newer ones?

• Like 1

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Once I actually remember to charge my Fitbit I will add you!

My work gave them to every employee in November - it's been charged (well, through November).

My sister's company gave every employee a discount on them, so she got me a code to get one, and my other sister too. I had been on the fence forever, but half price was enough reason.

• Like 2

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

This is something I've had a problem with for a long time. I was a really husky kid in middle school (to the tune of 17X lbs), and that built up a lot of self consciousness that I've been trying to shed for a long time. I took these pictures at the beginning of the year because my SO always makes a big deal when I dress up for stuff (it doesn't happen often), but I never really feel like I look the way I know logically I do.

20150112_070914.jpg

20150112_071239.jpg

Anyway, I don't know where exactly I'd find a picture of someone else that I could compare to, because mentally I'm still way outta touch with what I actually look like.

You look great to me. Nice outfit too.

Level 1 Dwarf Half-Dragon Monk

Monk Apprentice. My Current Challenge.

STR: 1 | STA:1 | DEX: 0 | CON: 0| WIS: 1 | CHA: 0

"Do or do not. There is no try." -Awesome Short Dude

its still busted? or you just refuse to use it based on past experience? and maybe next time get a Flex or one of the newer ones?

I just don't need to use it... I used it for six months, learned a lot about my walking habits and what to expect, and haven't felt the need to get ANOTHER new case for it.   I want a Flex, it's neat.

• Like 2

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

I just don't need to use it... I used it for six months, learned a lot about my walking habits and what to expect, and haven't felt the need to get ANOTHER new case for it.   I want a Flex, it's neat.

It IS neat :) I just joined this thing Fit For Food and it takes your activity and buys food for people with it :)  

• Like 2

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Top being me (Ok, I'm 6lbs heavier right now than in this picture.  December wasn't kind - but it was fun!).

I loathe how I look.  I truly do.  It's been kind of fucking with me a bit more than normal recently, when the trainer I work with told me I am obese.  It kind of made me feel like shit, when I was all proud of cutting from 241 to 206 (thank god I'm very tall).

progress1_zpsa857f574.jpg

image003.jpg

• Like 1

level 4 Gnoll warrior
STR 6|DEX 5|STA 4|CON 5|WIS 5|CHA 2

Building a better Raev, part 1.

Goal: working set of 350# squat, 235# bench, 370# deadlift, 15% or lower BF%

Fix slight pelvic tilt, reinforce lower back to help disc issue

Top being me (Ok, I'm 6lbs heavier right now than in this picture.  December wasn't kind - but it was fun!).

I loathe how I look.  I truly do.  It's been kind of fucking with me a bit more than normal recently, when the trainer I work with told me I am obese.  It kind of made me feel like shit, when I was all proud of cutting from 241 to 206 (thank god I'm very tall).

progress1_zpsa857f574.jpg

image003.jpg

your trainer is an idiot. bc well, you lift, a lot...and muscle weighs more than fat, and you aren't a midget and yeah WTF?!?! I want to strangle people who say dumb shit like that. I mean yeah, you aren't freaking perfect, but goddamn. at your height 206 is NOT an absurd weight...and knowing that you lift so much...your trainer of all people should KNOW better! Grrrrr! and ok, look at the definition of your obliques vs your center abdominals (I forget the technical term) but THAT is not the belly of an obese person! 

ok seriously, this makes me mad, and I'm sorry that they said that and it got to you, I think you look great *hugs*

• Like 2

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

^^^Bekah beat me to it. Everything she said, I was going to say, too.

"You won't find your answers by looking to the stars. It's a journey you'll have to take by looking inside yourself. You must write your destiny..." Christopher Reeve as Dr. Virgil Swann

Current challenge

Old Challenges: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th9th, 10th11th, 12th, 13th, 14th

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

You certainly dont look obese, and if youre my height-ish then 206 sure as shit aint obese!

Also - i wear heels a lot when im not working out, so yes thats exactly how youd see me ;)

I'd have to make sure I was wearing my Docs or combat boots then. :P

level 4 Gnoll warrior
STR 6|DEX 5|STA 4|CON 5|WIS 5|CHA 2

Building a better Raev, part 1.

Goal: working set of 350# squat, 235# bench, 370# deadlift, 15% or lower BF%

Fix slight pelvic tilt, reinforce lower back to help disc issue