Forums are back in action! ×

Challenge YOUR body image.

Aww mate! I'm so sorry to hear that, I really am. You have my heartfelt condolences. :(

I noticed that you'd gone awol, I think the last time I spoke to you, you were about to go on holiday. Was it Crete, or Rhodes...?

Yes, there is a boyfriend. And he has a beard! Yay for beards!!!! :D The move to Shetland hasn't quite turned out the way I'd planned. Things went a bit tits-up with my health, seems something has gone "oopsy!" in my pelvis.

I'm munching tramadol like they're smarties whist hobbling around like Quasimodo with a carrot up his arse, and a face like I'm chewing a wasp. So all in all I'm a complete frigging delight to be around, lol!

Poor Colin (the bf) he met me at the peak of my recovery when everything was going great and WHAM! got landed with a cripple. And it's to late!!!! He's stuck with meeeeeeee! Mawhahahaha!

• Like 3

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

So that's me in the back.  I gained back a bunch of pre-Ellismania weight, but I don't think I look TOO ridiculous. 

(And if it doesn't look like I was doing much work, THEY WOULDN'T GIVE ME ANY SLACK IN THE ROPE TO GRAB ON TO. Grr.)

11535919_10155747169070714_5056827499569

• Like 2

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

Aww mate! I'm so sorry to hear that, I really am. You have my heartfelt condolences. :(

I noticed that you'd gone awol, I think the last time I spoke to you, you were about to go on holiday. Was it Crete, or Rhodes...?

Yes, there is a boyfriend. And he has a beard! Yay for beards!!!! :D The move to Shetland hasn't quite turned out the way I'd planned. Things went a bit tits-up with my health, seems something has gone "oopsy!" in my pelvis.

I'm munching tramadol like they're smarties whist hobbling around like Quasimodo with a carrot up his arse, and a face like I'm chewing a wasp. So all in all I'm a complete frigging delight to be around, lol!

Poor Colin (the bf) he met me at the peak of my recovery when everything was going great and WHAM! got landed with a cripple. And it's to late!!!! He's stuck with meeeeeeee! Mawhahahaha!

Guzzi came back!! Missed you! And I'm sorry that your pelvis just decided to go "oopsy!" on you. Hope that gets better soon.

• Like 1

"You won't find your answers by looking to the stars. It's a journey you'll have to take by looking inside yourself. You must write your destiny..." Christopher Reeve as Dr. Virgil Swann

Current challenge

Old Challenges: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th9th, 10th11th, 12th, 13th, 14th

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Hey babe!!! Glad to see you again!!! Stick around for a while, would you please?

An expression which always intrigued me as an expression for being in a bad way ...

Tits??? Aren't they SUPPOSED to be up? Or at least as best as you can do?

Same with "Head Over Heels"

I believe the phrase indicates the anatomical bits in question are oriented up as in the possessor of said bits has been knocked onto the back due to some antagonistic force.

• Like 3

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Rhodes and Crete, I do love my holidays.

So very sorry to hear about your health issues.

How did you end up in the Shetlands?.

It's never to late to be the person you always wanted to be.

The voice in your head telling you that you can't do it is a damn liar.

Endorphins, the best high you can have.

Right, try again. Hopefully the phone won't eat my post this time!

So that's me in the back. I gained back a bunch of pre-Ellismania weight, but I don't think I look TOO ridiculous.

By eck! Thrillho! That was nearly a positive body comment. Well done Sir!

Guzzi came back!! Missed you! And I'm sorry that your pelvis just decided to go "oopsy!" on you. Hope that gets better soon.

Aww, thank you! How's it going with you babe, been to any cosplay lately? (I should really go look for your thread and find out...)

Hey babe!!! Glad to see you again!!! Stick around for a while, would you please?

For you? Anything! Well, almost anything :P

Rhodes and Crete, I do love my holidays.

So very sorry to hear about your health issues.

How did you end up in the Shetlands?.

Haha! No wonder I couldn't remember which one it was, lol!

Why the move? Oldest story in the book, boy meets girl, boy lives in the back of beyond.... It's cool, I really like it. I thought I was in the sticks before but this place takes it to a whole new level, it's awesome!

I originally came up thinking I was going to get a job as a Tourism Development Officer for a charity on Unst, (I was invited to apply for the job after I was the "reserve candidate" for a different post with them) but then the health nosedived and I had to pull out. Still, I've got my own wee place here and I'm loving it.

It's the Simmer Dim (midsummer) so it doesn't actually get properly dark. You can read a newspaper outside at midnight no probs, and by 2am it's getting bright again. And Holy Cow! If you thought I talked funny, you should hear this lot! I swear half the time I can't make out a word folk say. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Aww, thank you! How's it going with you babe, been to any cosplay lately? (I should really go look for your thread and find out...)

It's not going too hot for me. I won't bring the mood of this thread down. I've posted about it in my Battle Log, though. As for cosplay, nothing since Comic Con last year. Weather was crappy in the fall on the days we went to the Renaissance Faire, so we opted not to get dressed up. However, this years Comic Con is a month away!! Going simple, decided to be a Sim. Just need to figure out how to build the green diamond thing (found a couple videos on youtube). But I want to take it a step further and actually have it rotating above my head. A trip to the craft store and maybe Home Depot will happen this weekend :)

• Like 1

"You won't find your answers by looking to the stars. It's a journey you'll have to take by looking inside yourself. You must write your destiny..." Christopher Reeve as Dr. Virgil Swann

Current challenge

Old Challenges: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th9th, 10th11th, 12th, 13th, 14th

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

well.. I don't have great body image. I guess it springs from reading too many comics as a kid. You get this idea that everyone is supposed to be muscular all the time.

Funny story though, I want to be, and I have the build to do it, I've just been too lazy with gym and diet. Hence, why I'm here.

It hit a low when two years ago my 60 year old dad could out bench me. So I said no more.

anyway, here's me

image_zpsxovlnqpk.jpg

aaaaand this is what I feel like

chris-pratt-gif-121.gif

ham.jpg?w=650&h=400

• Like 1

Miles run, 17.3/72

24%
24%

Days with logged fitness 9/43

20.9%
20.9%

Days without refined sugar 7/43
16.3%
16.3%

my challenge thread!

welcome to the thread laughing dog :) 

what are your plans? are you doing a 6wc?

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

I actually can't find pictures of (notable at least) people of my gender + body type, and very few even among non-notables. I don't want to compare myself to women, so none of that's going here. Sad. But I do have pics of myself in a gallery here.

Anyway my body image is in an awful place in general, for a few reasons. 1: I gained 40lb in college and my family and doctors never stopped giving me shit about it. I started at 100-105 and started trying to gain weight so I could donate blood (the minimum is 110), and then it just didn't stop. I've internalized a lot of the smaller = better and more attractive narrative and still remember what being tiny was like so that hurts lol. 2: I am so, so curvy. I'm a bottom-heavy hourglass and while a lot of people think of this as a gift, it actually makes me feel awful. Because having extreme womanly curves doesn't sit well with my gender identity.

A lot of times I'm sure I think I look bigger than I actually do, or that my brain exaggerates my curves, but I can't really convince myself that it's just in my head. 

芸術ã¯çˆ†ç™ºã !

Goals:

Actually stick to this whole foods diet

Drop ~5% body fat before surgery

I am so, so curvy. I'm a bottom-heavy hourglass and while a lot of people think of this as a gift, it actually makes me feel awful. Because having extreme womanly curves doesn't sit well with my gender identity.

A lot of times I'm sure I think I look bigger than I actually do, or that my brain exaggerates my curves, but I can't really convince myself that it's just in my head. 

I can't say from a gender identity standpoint, but instead of thinking curves, every time you see your bottom half, maybe you could start thinking 'powerhouse'- your legs and glutes will help you take down some awesome physical goals in the future. Think of action vs. aesthetic (tell me if I'm being stupid, I sometimes say really really dumb things trying to be helpful!) 

• Like 1

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both

I can't say from a gender identity standpoint, but instead of thinking curves, every time you see your bottom half, maybe you could start thinking 'powerhouse'- your legs and glutes will help you take down some awesome physical goals in the future. Think of action vs. aesthetic (tell me if I'm being stupid, I sometimes say really really dumb things trying to be helpful!) 

They might do that, provided it's not mostly fat... my hips + thighs are where I gained most of those 40lbs. Thinking action/function over aesthetic actually helped a lot with certain unmentionables, so maybe it'll help a bit here. Actually a neat suggestion, thank you!

芸術ã¯çˆ†ç™ºã !

Goals:

Actually stick to this whole foods diet

Drop ~5% body fat before surgery

Yep! Goals are to log fitness every day, no sugar outside of fruit and raw honey for the next six weeks, and two miles run every day except sunday.

That sounds like a good plan

hmmmm... sent by magic.... or fairies.... or small woodland creatures maybe? how does this thing work?

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

So, like, on page 7 I posted this, right.

Okay, I've been lurking in here enough, so I should probably post something.

On the left: me, now. On the right: picture of the body type I think I have.

bbMLE60l.jpg  D43PCfLl.jpg

YAAAAYY GENDER DYSPHORIA X(

I couldn't find a pic of a model with the appropriate body type, so I just went with a picture Lestat ;P And yes, I know that Queen of the Damned was a horrible movie. I also tried looking for pics of myself back in the days where I weighed like 180 lbs, but I'm pretty sure those all got deleted long ago, because of reasons.

New pic is below. Getting closer!

gzHySk8l.jpg

Also, I need ripped abs for a cosplay by Halloween weekend. Like, RIPPED ripped abs :|

</narcissism>

• Like 6

Haha, kills me how they all fail to make the head look matching to the body.

On another note why is this still a thing? Didn't everyone by now knows that your cultural background affects big parts of your thinking? 

Even so it would be interesting to see how someone from D.R. Kongo or Somalia had Photoshopped her. But on the other hand it wouldn't be a surprise if this was made by an intern in a 10 minute coffee break.

So, like, on page 7 I posted this, right.

New pic is below. Getting closer!

gzHySk8l.jpg

Also, I need ripped abs for a cosplay by Halloween weekend. Like, RIPPED ripped abs :|

Dude! :o

Oh, and Hell Yeah for ripped abs! ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Ugh, body image. How do I even start...

I don't have pictures at hand to post, but I'm 5'4" and at most I've weighed 67 kg, so I've never been fat really. That hasn't stopped me from hating every part of my body more or less my whole life, and crying in fitting rooms because the clothes I thought would fit me didn't. I have weird body dysmorphia that goes both ways, I can see myself as either much bigger than I really am, or thinner, though the latter usually passes when I see a photo of myself, which has usually resulted in an unhealthy starvation diet. I've cut about 7 kilos in the past four months and I'm... more satisfied than I was before, but still not enough. Like, I can look at myself and think I look pretty smokin', but it's still not enough.

I know I'm insanely demanding of myself, but that doesn't stop me from being unsatisfied. I have this mental image of the perfect version of me that I try to achieve, even though some of those things have already become impossible... In my twisted logic, that's no reason to cut myself any slack. But even the possible things are virtually very hard - for example, I should have perfect skin. I even went off skin makeup for a month to see if my skin would magically improve (it didn't). And because I'm single, I have this horrible fear that I'm not good enough if I happen to meet a person who's good enough for me. That I need to have the perfect face, perfect hair, perfect body to be worthy of that amazing person. It doesn't help that I'm turning 26 and I'm terrified that one day I'll wake up with wrinkles, and there goes my chances.

• Like 1

POLARIS - LEVEL 4 AVATAR WARRIOR/MONK

(currently visiting assassins) | Challenge Thread

"We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us."