Forums are back in action! ×

I've never consider that.  I don't have problems digesting fat.  Things have gotten slowly worse over the years - boiling a frog theory.  My normal would be most people's illness.  My dad has had issues for decades.  Now SlothGirl is complaining (not sure if she's copying, trying to avoid things, or truly sick), makes me wonder about inherited issues.  As soon as we use up the rest of our deductible, or next January, I'll see the gastroenterologist.

When I had gall bladder issues, I actually had more trouble with high fiber than fat. But if mixed it was excruciating. If Sloth-girl really is having trouble then it may be something else entirely. I have never heard of a young child having GB issues. I hope you get it all figured out and are able to enjoy your vacation. 

ADVENTURER 

LEARNING TO PLAY AGAIN                                                                                        

Battle Log

Mmm the dreades stomach stuff. I have had some run ins with that lately.Hope you recover quick.

On another note we have a PBP pathfinder group on here that will be starting a new adventure soon. Very casual stuff not very in depth more narritive than anything. Thought maybe you'd be interested? Let me know!

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Hope you feel better soon. Stomach issues are miserable.

Yesterday was an ugly, ugly day.  Today I feel almost normal.

No dairy - 1 day.

When I had gall bladder issues, I actually had more trouble with high fiber than fat. But if mixed it was excruciating. If Sloth-girl really is having trouble then it may be something else entirely. I have never heard of a young child having GB issues. I hope you get it all figured out and are able to enjoy your vacation. 

Sounds terrible.  Are you done with it?

Mmm the dreades stomach stuff. I have had some run ins with that lately.Hope you recover quick.

On another note we have a PBP pathfinder group on here that will be starting a new adventure soon. Very casual stuff not very in depth more narritive than anything. Thought maybe you'd be interested? Let me know!

Thanks.  I'll have to pass.  I'm trying to diminish the time I spend on-line; I even quit the clan.  I read through some of your thread, it looked pretty fun.

posting error

tumblr_lg2px5CuJs1qbz2rpo1_500.gif

She's right.  Gnomes can be surprisingly troublesome.

• Like 1

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

3/24/15 Tuesday

The rest of the family is at Grandma's.  That made it a lot easier to workout.  I could do it when I wanted to, not during the one brief moment when it fit in.

All with 50# sandbag

Stretchy stuff.

band stuff for shoulders.

Hollow Hold/Glute Bridge superset X 3

Sandbag around the head mobility thing.  I really like this, 50# is a bit much yet.

Sandbag Get Ups.  5/5 X 3. Hit the abs a lot harder than 35# KB get ups.

Rotational Lunges. 5/5 X 2.  Superset with 

Clean & Press 10 X 2.

A light workout, but okay for just coming back.

I do a lot better with a workout I always do, everyday.  Like Shovelglove or Simple & Sinister.  I'm thinking of doing this every day, except with three or more sets and more weight.  I'll do it again in the morning and see how it goes.  I'd trade it out for biking when feasible. Any thoughts?

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

3/25/15 Wednesday

All with 50# sandbag

Stretchy stuff.

band stuff for shoulders.

Hollow Hold/Glute Bridge superset X 3

Sandbag around the head mobility thing.  3 X 5

Sandbag Get Ups.  5/5 X 1.

Rotational Lunges. 5/5 X 2.  Superset with 

Clean & Press 10 X 2.

I could have done another round, but I had to get to work.

No dairy: 2 days in a row (so far, haven't actually eaten yet, so 1 day in a row).

Trained: 2 days in a row.

e228d75233212e3da7e51f47a3e814d2.jpg

Carry-on, I plan on getting back in the habit while I'm away. It shouldn't be too hard to find sand in Florida.

I'm a homebody; I bet I've only flown a dozen times. This might be the first time by myself. It's still quite exciting.

• Like 3

nice sandbag. i want to hear how it goes.

Thanks. I upgraded after my handleless home-made bag toasted my tendons. If I was a smarter man I'd have used a regular carry on and stuck this inside.

3/26/15 Thursday

Slept in, did core and mobility, and walked several miles. First on a hiking trail and then at Downtown Disney.

3/27/15 Friday

Slept in, mobility & 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 burpee ladder.

We went to the beach on the way from one grandma's to the other's. I looked up and wondered if the rain cloud would pass us by just as it opened up. It was like getting hit in the face with a bucket of water. We sprinted to the car and I didn't fill up my sandbag. Yet.

Downtown Disney isn't part of Disneyworld. It's a free, large shopping area with some touristy stuff. We aren't going this year even though my wife's cousin works there and would let us in for free. Disney is stressful and crowded and expensive, even without the $96 entrance fee. Our entertainment will focus on the state parks and beaches. Considering it's 17 in Minneapolis right now, it's a joy just to be outside.

That being said, your son would love Disney as long as he can tolerate long lines and walking. The peak age for it, I would guess, is 6 or 7. We'll bring the kids again next time.

Oh, they have a reasonably big Star Wars presence now. There's a lot of stuff I was tempted by, but I couldn't justify spending money on something that would sit on a shelf. I still might get a light saber though.

Disney tip: buy souvenirs in the airport first. They're a bit cheaper and then you don't have to spend time in the Disney gift shops. Also, go in October.

Did you take your kids to the Lego store? I love that store.  And the Disney store is pretty cool.  I want to go back to Florida sometime to just visit the beaches though. We did all the theme park stuff and didn't have time for any beach walks.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Disney tip: buy souvenirs in the airport first. They're a bit cheaper and then you don't have to spend time in the Disney gift shops. Also, go in October.

I have a coworker who is gearing up to take her son next week. She went to the Disney Store and bought a half dozen items or so and she's going to give them to him while they're down there in hopes of curtailing the double priced souvenir shopping on the property. 

Disney parks are not for me. I went as a kid and am glad I had the chance although it wasn't life changing or anything. I went a couple years ago for a convention and deliberately stayed in town instead of on Disney Property and was super happy with that decision. My wife just got back from her own convention there and wished she had stayed off property. That said, if we had kids, I would at least consider it for their late single digit years, one time.

You can't spell Slaughter without laughter

Downtown Disney isn't part of Disneyworld. It's a free, large shopping area with some touristy stuff. We aren't going this year even though my wife's cousin works there and would let us in for free. Disney is stressful and crowded and expensive, even without the $96 entrance fee. Our entertainment will focus on the state parks and beaches. Considering it's 17 in Minneapolis right now, it's a joy just to be outside.

That being said, your son would love Disney as long as he can tolerate long lines and walking. The peak age for it, I would guess, is 6 or 7. We'll bring the kids again next time.

Oh, they have a reasonably big Star Wars presence now. There's a lot of stuff I was tempted by, but I couldn't justify spending money on something that would sit on a shelf. I still might get a light saber though.

How did I miss that your trip was to Orlando?   I'm actually planning on taking the kids to Disney this year......in October.  For realz.

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Did you take your kids to the Lego store? I love that store. And the Disney store is pretty cool. I want to go back to Florida sometime to just visit the beaches though. We did all the theme park stuff and didn't have time for any beach walks.

Yep, the kids spent at least an hour there building. They loved it. I didn't want to be around all the temptation, so I walked around the island a few times until they were done.

I have a coworker who is gearing up to take her son next week. She went to the Disney Store and bought a half dozen items or so and she's going to give them to him while they're down there in hopes of curtailing the double priced souvenir shopping on the property.

Disney parks are not for me. I went as a kid and am glad I had the chance although it wasn't life changing or anything. I went a couple years ago for a convention and deliberately stayed in town instead of on Disney Property and was super happy with that decision. My wife just got back from her own convention there and wished she had stayed off property. That said, if we had kids, I would at least consider it for their late single digit years, one time.

Your coworker's smart. If we had to pay to get in, it'd be a once in a lifetime thing too, but we'd most likely do it.

How did I miss that your trip was to Orlando? I'm actually planning on taking the kids to Disney this year......in October. For realz.

Probably because I didn't talk about it. We are mostly staying an hour or so north of Orlando at my wife's mother's. Although this weekend we are at her stepmother's in Jacksonville.

The first time I went to Disney was in October. It was really nice, the longest line was 5 minutes. YMMV. Are you staying on site?

BearLee: I didn't answer your question. The belly is alright. I think strict dairy avoidance is really helping me. I broke my streak tonight, there was some in the casserole.

Training: 1 day.

Dairy free: 0 days.

We're not staying on site.  That seems like throwing even more money away.  We traded in a time share.  My dad arranged it so I'm not even sure yet how far away we will be.   We're cutting as many economic corners as possible.  It's good to know that October was a good decision.  

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

I was looking for some cool workout gear and found this.

• Like 3

Okay so, I've been gone for a week and I'm catchign up on your thread! Forgive the late replies to all this stuff.

Yes, I find you very amusing. Don't ever be afraid to post around here.

Yay~ Remember, laughter is the best medicine. The sticker on the fridge tells me so.

Thanks for asking. I was at the Urgency Room all flipping day. White blood cells were normal, so no infection. They would not call it diverticulitis without imaging, but they gave me antibiotics for it anyway along with a referral to a gastroenterologist that I won't go to unless things go south. Wife wants me to go anyway, but I'm not spending $6000 on anything unless it has wheels or a basement.

Antibiotics made everything a bit better right away, but I'm still low appetite and sick to my stomachs.

Question: is it better to eat garbage (gas station burgers and doughnuts) or eat cleanish but go in a large deficit for a week?

I pissed my boss off doing an email exchange. I called him on some BS he was trying to lay on a new staff member in a CYA move. I did it in a reply all email. It was the right thing to do, but it meant I wanted to cross my Ts and dot my Is for the week in case I was called in to his office. I didn't pull the tire [emoji21]

OUCH! That kind of a bill is enough to make anyone choke. However, I DO have to wonder if that's an actual price or not. I know I really can't speak from a similar experience, but long story short: We once inquired about getting a particular service (for our internet, which was dial-up at the time) and were told it would gost $7,000 to make happen. Only 2 years later did we find out it was a small group of a big internet providing company that was charging outrageous amounts and pocketing most of it. It was a scam, nothing more -- there's NOTHING to say that this couldn't happen in a medical service as well. In fact, I think it could be more likely. If possible, I'd see if you could get price quotes from other places to compare. If it's not a price scam, the price should stay the same. It just seems like a ridiculous amount of money for a simple scan.

Also, good for you for standing up to your boss! It's rare that someone will stick up for the newbie but you did it and, in my book, that puts you a grade above the rest. I've no doubt the newbie appreciates it more than you know.

Fair question.  It's mostly about appetite.  It's mostly gone right now and I am full very quickly.  Some of my question is frustration at not knowing what to eat.  I eat pretty clean, except for the occasional dumb-assery.  If I can't eat whole wheat and veggies, what am I left with, Pop-Tarts?  I do like Pop-Tarts.  Anyway, my thought process was that junk food is so calorie dense that I think I could eat it and not go into a deficit.  But, you're absolutley right, the solution to my belly issues isn't to eat worse.

Give me noodles or give me death!!!  No, I've never thought of giving up gluten.  Maybe I should, I don't know.  What would be left for me to eat though?

If it's diverticulitis -- and it very well could be, my grandmother has lived with it for years -- then certain foods should trigger that pain. Also explains why the antibiotics are helping you out. It's generally hard-to-digest things that will cause the infections and pain. That means any kind of corn is off the table, as are all seeds (including the ones on strawberries and in most berry-fruit) and most nuts. Oatmeal and barely are also off, but about half the rice out there was okay.

The best thing I can think for you to eat in a case like this -- fill up fast, but need to get your calorie allotment in -- is dairy. Drink glasses of milk and that'll definitely keep your calorie intake up. However, if dairy is causing the issue (which I admit I'm skeptical about as it seems you've had no problems with it before now) then I would suggest rice, particularly brown rice. It's slow digesting, so it's kind of like getting an extended release action of nutrition. Also, you can mix stuff in it to tempt your appetite, like raisins and cinnamon or even dump in a piece of chocolate into steaming rice and give it a good stir to get a calorie boost and a treat!

the only other thing I can think of is -- while not totally palatable for me -- is butter. It has all the calories you need, so scrape it generously on a sweet potato or something and that should keep you full.

• Like 1

Battle Log
Challenge Log
I made a mistake.

A couple of days of slackitude. I did push ups and chin ups, but not enough to call it a workout. Too cold for the beach, I'll go to Home Depot in the morning for sand.

Saturday - did a couple of miles on a nature walk, still haven't seen snakes or gators.

Sunday - walked around St. Augustine for hours. I enjoyed the ancient fort and the pirate museum, the rest of the town was touristy shops and restaurants.

On the way back to the other Grandma's we stopped at a hole-in-a-wall place in the middle of the woods for dinner. We ate gator, catfish, fried pickles and other southern wonderments. It was awesome.

Still no snakes or gators, but we saw a miniature deer and a large fox.

8d1a96e51629de818cb8529adc28d8cc.jpg

We've got our snake sticks ready.

• Like 5

Glad you are having a good vacation.

When we went to Florida, we went geocaching. Or I should say my husband went geocaching and I walked with him. He would say something  about needing to check in a log or under a rock for the cache. At which point I reminded him about snakes and told him there was no way I was putting my hand in any log. He found the cache, and didn't get bitten by a snake, so it all ended well.

• Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

A couple of days of slackitude. I did push ups and chin ups, but not enough to call it a workout. Too cold for the beach, I'll go to Home Depot in the morning for sand.

Saturday - did a couple of miles on a nature walk, still haven't seen snakes or gators.

Sunday - walked around St. Augustine for hours. I enjoyed the ancient fort and the pirate museum, the rest of the town was touristy shops and restaurants.

On the way back to the other Grandma's we stopped at a hole-in-a-wall place in the middle of the woods for dinner. We ate gator, catfish, fried pickles and other southern wonderments. It was awesome.

Still no snakes or gators, but we saw a miniature deer and a large fox.

8d1a96e51629de818cb8529adc28d8cc.jpg

We've got our snake sticks ready.

Oooh, Southern food. Sounds very good! I've heard gator tastes like greasy chicken. But the greatest and most signature item of Southern cuisine is simple: Sweet tea. It just isn't the same as the tea up north! Did you get an authentic gumbo? I hear it tastes good, so long as you don't think about what goes in it.

St. Augustine is a nice little city. I've been there once and got a picture of the statue of de Leon. I did a project on him in 5th grade, lol.

And look at those two little cuties! Adorable!

Battle Log
Challenge Log
I made a mistake.