Forums are back in action! ×

2 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Was there another update?  The forum has become basically unusable on my end. 

Yes. Everything is terrible*

* It's not all terrible but I don't like change. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

If it's not siesta or fiesta, I'm not interested. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

On 8/2/2017 at 0:39 AM, WhiteGhost said:

I will be back in the US for 2 weeks, but it will be split 5 days in SA, 5 days in SLC and 3 days in SD (I only visit US cities that start with S...)

That's what I use my barbells for (I don't think I have lifted them in months now...) but the hardcore kind of gets cancelled out by the flowers and wind chimes

Reveal hidden contents

Gj6YWzD.jpg

You're probably in the air right now. Your apartment looks nice; I always picture Beijing as being gritty and utilitarian. 

On 8/2/2017 at 10:05 AM, EricMN said:

And the Breakfast Taco withdrawals begin.

Sounds like you're as overdue for yoga as I am. I'm trying to figure out how the classes offered at my gym and that I can take as part of my gym membership can fit into my schedule. If I do that, you should drop in with me.

My GF cannot be allowed to see this picture or she will find new "decorative" uses for my pull-up bar. 

Yoga is part of my warm up. 20 minutes a day seems to be the sweet spot. 

I don't use my pull-up bar very often. Slothgirl decorates it randomly. 

On 8/4/2017 at 11:51 PM, Yasha92 said:

Hah. I have the tea infuser. 

7 hours ago, Bearlee said:

Happy birthday Sloth!

Thanks brother. 

5 hours ago, deftona said:

It's your birthday?! 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! 

Thanks. I forgot about it until I started getting automatic birthday greetings at midnight from forums I no longer follow. 

2 hours ago, deftona said:

We have more click and like options. So that's nice. Now if I can only stay logged in and be able to find my peeps. 

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

Update for the week. 

Recovery from the race was really slow. It took until Thursday or Friday to feel human again. It's hard getting old. I've mostly been doing light riding, a little yoga, and a little KB mobility. 

Eating has mostly been good. 

I never made it to the next block's awesome block party. Our's had a big turn out. We live in a starter neighborhood and it's full of Millennials and their preschoolers. 

I joined a new D&D group (3.5). Its mostly new players and a couple who only played with me as a DM. It's going to be fun. I think they all cheated their rolls, but my highest roll was a 13. I'm running a mediocre Dwarf fighter. I might get myself killed and roll a new character. 

We're spending a couple of days camping at a water park. It's cold and rainy. I'm glad we spent the money for a little cabin. Fitness plan is Yoga and push-ups. 

On the way here we saw a state patrol race past us. When we caught up two troopers were running in the woods with assault weapons. One woman got pulled out of the woods. Right after there was a high-speed chase going the other way. 

• Like 11

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

3 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

You're probably in the air right now. Your apartment looks nice; I always picture Beijing as being gritty and utilitarian. 

I wish I was in the air. Still on a long layover in Shanghai :( Beijing was pretty gritty when I first moved here but they polished it up pretty well before the Olympics in 2008. Very nice and modern now.

On the way here we saw a state patrol race past us. When we caught up two troopers were running in the woods with assault weapons. One woman got pulled out of the woods. Right after there was a high-speed chase going the other way.

How scary. 

Happy Birthday by the way :)

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

Happy Birthday. Hope the weather clears up. Not sure how fun a water park is in the cold and rain. Guess at least it's not crowded. Hope you got there safe, sounds like a dangerous journey with serial killers roaming the woods,

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

I was going to post a happy birthday gif but there's no way I can beat TML's birthday gif.  Happy Birthday anyway. Congrats for not getting chased into the woods.  That must mean you are making good decisions, at least better than some other people.  

• Like 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

20 hours ago, deftona said:

^ ^ ^ ^ THIS

19 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

In fitness news, I just ate a six pack of tacos and a pound of potato oles. 2400 calories. 

You are my hero ok.

17 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

One of my favorite Freeway Drivin' memories was on a fairly quiet 3-lane interstate here in NC - one car is clearly trying hard to evade another car that's tailing the hell out of it - they drive past me and the guy that's chasing the other guy is wielding a GIANT KNIFE WHILE DRIVING.  Yikesaroni right there.  I often wonder what came of that fiasco.

• Like 2

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

If it still is your birthday, here's a fun gif I found. If it's not still your birthday... umm... here's a fun gif I found?

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o6gbbFBAvwL2oIPeM/giphy.gif

19 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Ugh. Is this another update where they make everything worse so the freeloaders will go away?

EDIT: And of course, embedding is just royally screwed with the new update so nothing works right. #facepalm

• Like 3
On August 6, 2017 at 7:48 PM, WhiteGhost said:

I wish I was in the air. Still on a long layover in Shanghai  Beijing was pretty gritty when I first moved here but they polished it up pretty well before the Olympics in 2008. Very nice and modern now.

How scary. 

Happy Birthday by the way

Thank you.  

On August 6, 2017 at 8:05 PM, Elastigirl said:

Happy Birthday. Hope the weather clears up. Not sure how fun a water park is in the cold and rain. Guess at least it's not crowded. Hope you got there safe, sounds like a dangerous journey with serial killers roaming the woods,

Thanks. 

I tried to to look at the local news online and didn't see anything, but car chases with meth heads/ dealers/ manufacturers seems like a common occurrence in that part of the state.

The first cold day was nice.  I sat in the hot tub with the kids for a little while. The adults (we went with a newly single mom and her daughter) sat around the fire and drank beer while the kids bike around the campground. Hills are amazing when you've grown up in South Minneapolis. The next couple of days were warm and sunny.  It was all perfect. 

On August 7, 2017 at 1:59 AM, LouCarJo said:

Happy birthday and happy camping!

Thank you. 

On August 7, 2017 at 2:16 AM, Emma said:

Happy birthday

On August 7, 2017 at 4:09 AM, elizevdmerwe said:

Happy Happy! Woot! Woot! Hope you manage to enjoy the weekend.

I always enjoy  a weekend. Thanks. 

On August 7, 2017 at 7:39 AM, The Most Loathed said:

Image result for gif late birthday sloth

I like that that get me. 

On August 7, 2017 at 10:05 AM, LadyShello said:

I was going to post a happy birthday gif but there's no way I can beat TML's birthday gif.  Happy Birthday anyway. Congrats for not getting chased into the woods.  That must mean you are making good decisions, at least better than some other people.  

Thanks. One of the benefits of getting old is that you tend to be past the bad decision making phase of your life. At least when it comes to decisions that get you chased in the woods by troopers.  The first time I was chased by police I was 10 or 11.  I was running in the airport like OJ Simpson.  This was shortly after a plane was hijacked to Cuba so they were on high alert.  I was chased down, seriously frisked, and given a lecture. 

On August 7, 2017 at 10:09 AM, shaar said:

^ ^ ^ ^ THIS

You are my hero ok.

One of my favorite Freeway Drivin' memories was on a fairly quiet 3-lane interstate here in NC - one car is clearly trying hard to evade another car that's tailing the hell out of it - they drive past me and the guy that's chasing the other guy is wielding a GIANT KNIFE WHILE DRIVING.  Yikesaroni right there.  I often wonder what came of that fiasco.

Nice. 

On August 7, 2017 at 10:19 AM, Rooks said:

If it still is your birthday, here's a fun gif I found. If it's not still your birthday... umm... here's a fun gif I found?

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o6gbbFBAvwL2oIPeM/giphy.gif

EDIT: And of course, embedding is just royally screwed with the new update so nothing works right. #facepalm

A Rooks sighting is a rare birthday gift. I hope your having a good summer. 

On August 7, 2017 at 10:35 AM, ixaera said:

Happy birthday!

• Like 3

I think they fixed the forum's participated list.  I'm going to have to find you all again and post in your thread.  Can anyone use Tapatalk? It doesn't seem to work for me. 

As I said "camping" was good.  We went to a Jellystone Park that is known for it's water park stuff. I spent a lot of time floating around the lazy river. Some of the Wisconsin guys did it with their beer in hand. I have not sunk that low yet. We've gone to this park for the last six years. Normally they have a large contingent of foreign workers, but this year they had a bunch of American teens cleaning and life guarding. Pool rules were a lot looser this year. 

The mom we go with every year just kicked her boyfriend out of the house after he got drunk and violent. I got to endure a lot of second hand drama. I also said I'd do some home repair at her house. 

I get to go back to work in a week and a half. Summer is flying by. I might put up a challenge to keep me on the straight and narrow as I transition back into a useful member of society. 

• Like 4

The mom we go with every year just kicked her boyfriend out of the house after he got drunk and violent. I got to endure a lot of second hand drama. I also said I'd do some home repair at her house. 

Good for her...

Oops, sorry, but you have such a good listening ear.

Hero to the rescue :loyal:

Enjoy the last week and a half of summer holidays.

• Like 1

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

I think they fixed the forum's participated list.  I'm going to have to find you all again and post in your thread.  Can anyone use Tapatalk? It doesn't seem to work for me. 

As I said "camping" was good.  We went to a Jellystone Park that is known for it's water park stuff. I spent a lot of time floating around the lazy river. Some of the Wisconsin guys did it with their beer in hand. I have not sunk that low yet. We've gone to this park for the last six years. Normally they have a large contingent of foreign workers, but this year they had a bunch of American teens cleaning and life guarding. Pool rules were a lot looser this year. 

I get to go back to work in a week and a half. Summer is flying by. I might put up a challenge to keep me on the straight and narrow as I transition back into a useful member of society. 

I gave up using Tapatalk ages ago and now have no system.  I have to go to people's profiles to find their threads each time.  Or just rely on notifications.  Which means I go AWOL unintentionally quite a lot and then have loads to catch up on.

I'm thinking of challenge goals too but to transition into a useful holiday period rather than to go back to work!

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Thanks. One of the benefits of getting old is that you tend to be past the bad decision making phase of your life. At least when it comes to decisions that get you chased in the woods by troopers.  The first time I was chased by police I was 10 or 11.  I was running in the airport like OJ Simpson.  This was shortly after a plane was hijacked to Cuba so they were on high alert.  I was chased down, seriously frisked, and given a lecture. 

I had know idea running in the airport was something that warranted a lecture.  People run all the time... Although, doing anything like OJ is likely to get you into trouble.  

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

10 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Good for her...

Oops, sorry, but you have such a good listening ear.

Hero to the rescue :loyal:

Enjoy the last week and a half of summer holidays.

Thanks.  I actually wasn't a very good listener. Mrs. Sloth got stuck with that. 

10 hours ago, LouCarJo said:

I gave up using Tapatalk ages ago and now have no system.  I have to go to people's profiles to find their threads each time.  Or just rely on notifications.  Which means I go AWOL unintentionally quite a lot and then have loads to catch up on.

I'm thinking of challenge goals too but to transition into a useful holiday period rather than to go back to work!

Tapatalk's participated list was my main go-to for following people, it's also the only way I know how to post pictures. Support says they're working on it. 

31 minutes ago, LadyShello said:

I had know idea running in the airport was something that warranted a lecture.  People run all the time... Although, doing anything like OJ is likely to get you into trouble.  

This was the old days when OJ was a good guy and anyone could walk into an airport, you could even fly with a Swiss Army knife.  I don't remember the details, just that I got yelled at because of the Cuban hijacking and that I was told you can't yell, "Hi Jack!" even if you see your friend Jack after a long absence. 

• Like 4