Forums are back in action! ×

I ate a macaroon this morning. The first thing I've eaten that breaks my diet. Once that happened I went and got In and Out burger with a friend for lunch, because fuck it, I had already made a mistake today.

This afternoon, I had the opportunity to eat another macaroon and as I'm about it eat it I realize that each decision is independent.  Just because I broke today doesn't mean that I everything is a wash. I just have to forgive myself, get up, try again, be consistent.

I only ate a small portion of this seriously enormous macaroon (it was the part that I had touched, I didn't want to leave it) instead of the whole thing.  Today, day 2, has been a struggle in failure, but has also held some good realizations that may help in success.

• Like 6

Follow: Instragram  ||  Soundcloud  ||  Pinterest

It's hard to make that realisation at first - I'm convinced the brain will just do anything to try and stop us from dieting.  I mean, there are habits, and there's the fact that the brain is bad at knowing that there will be more food soon, and all that.  Plus all the people who reinforce that logic!  Congrats for stopping.

Plus, no macaroon now means more macaroon later.  Which is totally a bonus for Future!rachel_ftw.

• Like 3

Previous challenges:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

Oh! Vella! You should listen to this podcast: https://soundcloud.com/youarenotsosmart/031-extinction-burst

You are Not so Smart is one of my favorites, and this episode talks about this *exactly*. That crazy thing your brain does when you're trying to change a habit/reward system. It has a name! Extinction burst. This blew my mind when I listened to it a couple months ago.

• Like 3

Follow: Instragram  ||  Soundcloud  ||  Pinterest

Sounds like a net win to me: ate one macaroon, received epiphany and learned something important about yourself.  Congrats! :D

• Like 2

I know these feels! I have to walk past a gourmet cupcake stand multiple times a day, and when I cave, I just go all out. However, you made the important realization and decided to respawn.

Also @Eleanorsbee, love that!

Level 3 Half-Elf Monk 

Past Challenges: artemisia enters the arena with the Wild Huntartemisia's new stomping ground rode in  The Wild Hunt Rides Againartemisia used respawn with Misc. Being.

STR: 2; DEX: 3; STA: 5; CON: 7; WIS: 7; CHA: 2

"Fantasy is an exercise bicycle for the mind. It might not take you anywhere, but it tones up the muscles that can." --Terry Pratchett