Forums are back in action! ×

The Wheel of Time

Just finished myself and completely agree that there was so much meat left on the bone with the Black Tower. Feel like it got introduced early, then ignored until it was needed in later books. Really wish we'd seen more of those characters, especially Androl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Just finished myself and completely agree that there was so much meat left on the bone with the Black Tower. Feel like it got introduced early, then ignored until it was needed in later books. Really wish we'd seen more of those characters, especially Androl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Were you an emotional mess? I was.

Also, I forgot about New Spring so I started it yesterday and now I'm like, "... but sad things happen to you later and you don't even know yet". Jeez, I gotta get my life together.

Amazon Warrior

29, F, 5'11 ft, 159lbs

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5

I think that kind of ending seems to happen in a lot of epic fantasy series. There are so many plotlines and things happening that the books can just keep going and going, so to actually wrap up a story some things always seem to get dropped or not built out sufficiently. 

I wonder if RJ would have written more books to tie up more plotlines, or if Brandon Sanderson's ending was actually pretty true to RJ's intentions. Having read the series since I was young, it was so amazing to see it actually finished. I feel like so many epic fantasy series never get to that point, so in my excitement I probably didn't pay attention to as many of the dropped plotlines as I should have.

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell.