Forums are back in action! ×

What made you smite today?

On 3/26/2016 at 9:46 AM, SevenofSeven said:

Ohhhhh, so it's just not Australia with dickheads running things.

You got the U.S. sittin here, and you thought you were alone?

• Like 3

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Disagreements with friends that start on social media, in a text, in any type of messenger service, all of which prevent true conversation and get in the way of good communication, thus causing the disagreement to begin with...

And that end with the friend saying "I can't talk about this right now." 

• Like 1

SHAEON

Jedi Apprentice

Druid Character Sheet

Daily Battle Log: Shaeon Restores Balance to the Force

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Current Challenge: Shaeon Focuses

"With great boots comes great responsibility."

Well, not today, but in general

3swce7.jpg

• Like 1

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

We're getting switched to salary at work (paid on the 15th and 30th of every month) instead of getting paid every two weeks. For the salary thing to happen, the paychecks will be one week behind, so the paycheck I thought I was going to get today will only happen next week.

If I could delay MasterCard and student loan payments by a week too, that's be great. FFS.

I hate that Nax.  Last company I temped at paid my hourly wages THREE WEEKS after the actual work.  I was about ready to complain to L&I.

Speaking of delayed gratification, I passed up a free Comicon ticket to go to a boring asss job interview.  while my friends all went and had fun.  that's today smote.

• Like 1

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Totally petty, but someone at work stole my fork from the break room.  What kind of monster does that?  I'd left it in there over the weekend on accident; I usually keep it at my desk.  Now I'm eating shredded chicken/pork with broccoli and sweet potatoes with a spoon.  A SPOON!!!!!

/grumble

• Like 3

"Whether or not you can never become great at something, you can always become better at it." -Neil DeGrasse Tyson

"I believe every human has a finite number of heartbeats. I don't intend to waste any of mine." - Neil Armostrong

Current ChallengeCrossFit Open Profile

Totally petty, but someone at work stole my fork from the break room.  What kind of monster does that?  I'd left it in there over the weekend on accident; I usually keep it at my desk.  Now I'm eating shredded chicken/pork with broccoli and sweet potatoes with a spoon.  A SPOON!!!!!

/grumble

Oh man, that would piss me off. Almost as bad is when you just have a plastic fork and it breaks. Then you have look like a monkey figuring out how to eat with this new deformed utensil. 

• Like 1

Thing to smite: a certain local agency which neglected to mention that said local agency will only hire me for one job at a time, even if they have two part time jobs which both fit into my schedule.  The best time to mention this would have been before I applied, took their tests, got hired, and sat through 2 hours of orientation at the SECOND job.  At least they agreed to pay me for the orientation time...

I've just had a visit from to of the kids that live in our street. I should probably explain that our house seems to have some sort of "child magnet" built in. You hear the front door go, and 20 seconds later a random child flops down onto our sofa. This happens on a daily basis, with different children. They sometimes come in pairs, or trios, or..... quads? Is that a thing? Quads of children?

Anyways. Today's visitors were two lovely young girls aged 6 and 8 who came round to see how I was and brought me flowers that they had picked from a nearby field. These girls are polite, happy, friendly and genuinely nice to have around. 

The thing that pissed me off is that both of them were filthy. Their hair obviously hasn't been brushed, their clothes are dirty, their faces are worse, and one of them actually smelled so bad that my boyfriend had to open the windows to deal with the smell. :o

Unfortunately this I s not a one off event, these kids are always filthy!  I should probably point out that they're not sisters either, this is two separate families where the parents clearly just don't give a FUCK. 

The younger one (who was also the smelly one) regularly "appears" at our house around mealtimes. She has told me on many occasions that she doesn't get lunch, she has to make it herself if she wants any. She's 6 for fucks sake!!!!! 

She admits that she doesn't brush her teeth because no one tells her that she has to, and get this - she has to be the one to ask her mum if she can have a bath, only to be told "no" most of the time. How disgusting is that!

I love having the kids around, but I am seriously PISSED OFF right now. :angry:

• Like 4

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Some people smh. I say you get a kiddie pool and organize a bubble party. Fill the pool with water and dish soap and let the kids play in that. Boom! Play time and bath time combined.

Hey, if kids can get dirty while playing, why can't they get clean?

• Like 4

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

On 6/15/2016 at 0:52 PM, Guzzi said:

I've just had a visit from to of the kids that live in our street. I should probably explain that our house seems to have some sort of "child magnet" built in. You hear the front door go, and 20 seconds later a random child flops down onto our sofa. This happens on a daily basis, with different children. They sometimes come in pairs, or trios, or..... quads? Is that a thing? Quads of children?

Anyways. Today's visitors were two lovely young girls aged 6 and 8 who came round to see how I was and brought me flowers that they had picked from a nearby field. These girls are polite, happy, friendly and genuinely nice to have around. 

The thing that pissed me off is that both of them were filthy. Their hair obviously hasn't been brushed, their clothes are dirty, their faces are worse, and one of them actually smelled so bad that my boyfriend had to open the windows to deal with the smell. :o

Unfortunately this I s not a one off event, these kids are always filthy!  I should probably point out that they're not sisters either, this is two separate families where the parents clearly just don't give a FUCK. 

The younger one (who was also the smelly one) regularly "appears" at our house around mealtimes. She has told me on many occasions that she doesn't get lunch, she has to make it herself if she wants any. She's 6 for fucks sake!!!!! 

She admits that she doesn't brush her teeth because no one tells her that she has to, and get this - she has to be the one to ask her mum if she can have a bath, only to be told "no" most of the time. How disgusting is that!

I love having the kids around, but I am seriously PISSED OFF right now. :angry:

As a former Child Protective Services Caseworker this is a tell-tale sign of neglect (I was never an investigator but we all got trained on the basics). Bless you for feeding and loving on those kids. Most kids who are removed from their parents (at least in Texas) were more often removed for some form of neglect rather than abuse. You may want to check out the abuse and neglect laws in your state and see if the case needs to be reported.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

First off, Thrillho, I have to admit that I was terribly confused by your two women introduction. I was trying to figure out why you had two girls to deal with in the morning, and of course, my gutter-mind jumped to the worst possible explanation. I feel like I had to get that off my chest before I went any further.

My frustration today stemmed from my four masters classes, which are all 18 week programs crammed into 7 weeks. And I'm taking them all at the same time, which was my own dumb decision.

I also had a headache after watching Warcraft in 3D. But it was so worth it.

• Like 1

"Mike! I found the chocolate pudding!"

Fitbit | Character | Battle | Challenge

I'm trying so hard to stay positive, look toward my goals and not look back, but I WANT TO GO BACK TO GREECE.

Actually started crying when the plane took off to take us home yesterday :'(

Level 9 Pixie

I may not be the strongest, the fastest, or the bravest. But I'll be damned if I'm not trying my hardest.
17 STR ¦ 17 STA ¦ 13 CON ¦ 17 WIS ¦ 13 CHA ¦ 12 DEX

Latest Challenge! , Battle Log! , CHARACTERYAY

On 21 June 2016 at 10:50 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

As a former Child Protective Services Caseworker this is a tell-tale sign of neglect (I was never an investigator but we all got trained on the basics). Bless you for feeding and loving on those kids. Most kids who are removed from their parents (at least in Texas) were more often removed for some form of neglect rather than abuse. You may want to check out the abuse and neglect laws in your state and see if the case needs to be reported.

I actually did report them over a year ago but nothing seems to have happened. I'm in the UK and I phoned Childline who are supposed to pass it on to Social Services. Nothing changed though :(

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

11 hours ago, Guzzi said:

I actually did report them over a year ago but nothing seems to have happened. I'm in the UK and I phoned Childline who are supposed to pass it on to Social Services. Nothing changed though :(

https://www.nspcc.org.uk/preventing-abuse/child-abuse-and-neglect/neglect/

It looks like UK definitions for child neglect are strikingly similar to those in Texas. I'd recommend contacting child services directly, that way you aren't going through a third party. Also, if you familiarize yourself with the definitions and terms, you can make the report in a way that's more likely to get attention. It's entirely possible they sent out an investigator last year but were unable to put together enough proof for removal. That happens some times. 

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

1 hour ago, RandMart said:

I fucking SMITE people who fucking SMILE in the fucking SMITE thread

That's fucking disrespectful

Have a can of Irn Bru. After all, Irn Bru gets you through. ;)

Guzzi, maybe your magnetic attraction to neglected children is some sort of karma?  You mentioned over in the Minimalist thread that your mom had a tendency to ignore household necessities when you were a kid.  Maybe it's destiny.

Or, you know, it could just be Pavlovian conditioning.  If you feed them, they will come.  (Ask me, I work at a food bank.  Even the crows start to gather when they see our van...)

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Thrillho said:

So... the UK voted Trump? o.O

Only the southern half! The Scots and Northern Ireland voted Clinton.

Better the devil you know, huh?

• Like 1