Forums are back in action! ×

Really reached that point where I NEED to do something.

So, background - February 2013 I was 275 pounds. November 2014 I was at my lowest of 160 pounds.

From February 2015 to February 2016 I comfortably yo-yo'd between 165 and 180 pounds. Not bad considering I was in a new relationship and a new job and had a lot of life stresses.

From February this year I have just gone downhill. I moved in with my fiance and son to a new town. I have not been able to control my eating and I moved to a town that has no gym - I dont run, or do body weight stuff - I am a lifter through and through. No matter how hard I tried I just could not find something I enjoyed doing. So I went from 170 pounds to 200 pounds in the space of less than three months. 

I dont know how to get back from here. I don't know what to do. I joined Nerd Fitness Academy and I LOVE it, love the mindset and nutrition modules but I just can't make it stick. My partner isnt helpful and I dont have any friends locally to support me. I feel really down and miserable and I am just helpless.

I don't really know the point of this post - I just needed to get it out!

torvi \ Level 1 Warrior

"It is better to stand and fight. If you run, you'll only die tired."

Sorry your move has been so stressful!  There are a lot of rebels here who don't find the support for their healthy goals from those around them but find it here.  This is a supoer supportive place.  I hope you find something that you truly enjoy in order to get back to where you were. 

you-can-do-it-encouragement-animated-gra

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Sorry your move has been so stressful!  There are a lot of rebels here who don't find the support for their healthy goals from those around them but find it here.  This is a supoer supportive place.  I hope you find something that you truly enjoy in order to get back to where you were. 

you-can-do-it-encouragement-animated-gra

THIS! It´s amazing how much support you get here in the Forums, no matter where you´re coming from or where you want to go. There´s always feedback on your stuff and cheering in this place!!!

I´m a bass player, what´s your superpower?

"Small you are? Lift you must!" Master Broda, at the Dagobrah warrior bootcamp to his apprentice Luke Skylifter

"Let not the gains of your heart diminish the gains from your mind for the path of iron is long and full of hardship"  Book of Liftviticus ch23, v13

Success starts where excuses end! 

\m/ Be awesome!!! \m/

My DailyBattleLog:

\m/ Commitment on being awesome \m/

My Current Challenge:

Click me!!!

On 4/26/2016 at 0:44 PM, Torvi said:

My partner isnt helpful and I dont have any friends locally to support me. I feel really down and miserable and I am just helpless.

This stuck out as a huge red flag to me.  Having the support on the forums is amazing, but if the people you spend your time with day in and day out are not helpful, or are unable or unwilling to support you, this is a problem.  One of the biggest obstacles to growth is not being surrounded by the people who want to and are equipped to support us.

If there isn't a local gym, have you considered the feasibility of purchasing a set of free weights for home? I know they can get expensive, but there are definitely a number of options out there.  And the money that would go towards the gym could pay for them.

Best of luck!

• Like 1

I'm going to point something out, because I feel like it really is the crux of the issue:

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 8:44 PM, Torvi said:

I am just helpless.

I want you to think long and hard on this, because it is absolutely the most crucial point you could possibly consider: Why? Why do you feel helpless?

Once you've dug down and really landed on your final answer, I want you to ask yourself: Is it true? Am I truly helpless - do I honestly have NO choice, NO way to affect a change in this?

Helplessness is very real, and very serious predicament for many people. If you are truly incapable of changing your situation, and you need outside help, the Rebellion will help you in any way we can. Conversely, if you are not, in fact, literally helpless... we will still help you in any way that we can. All you have to do is ask.

Oh, and btw: venting is totally allowed here. Sometimes, life just sucks and it is normal - hell, it's even encouraged - to complain about it. We all have those days/months/years where everything feels awful, and it feels like it's never going to stop feeling awful, and we just need to know that we're not alone in feeling that way. This little corner of the internet is one of the best places to go when you need to find someone to carry you for a little while; and when you feel strong enough to walk on your own, maybe you'll find you can help carry someone else someday too.

Evicious, Khajjit Ranger STR 7 | DEX 13 | STA 3 | CON 6 | WIS 16 | CHA 4

Current 4WC: Evicious: The Unburdening II + Blitz Week!

Fitocracy! I Play To Win!

Keep up the momentum!

Someone above suggested your own weights, but if you are on a budget, have you considered sandbag training? Don't worry about all those commercials announcing ergonomic sandbags or whatever. Just get a big jute bag, fill it with sand and workout with that! Ok, so increasing weights is not quite as exact, but it would keep you moving. Something to think about. :)

• Like 1

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.