Forums are back in action! ×

Battle Kitten: Ascension

Literally spent all day with zero work to do. At 5:22 I get an email asking me to register a dozen people for a conference we're holding, but I need to google all their contact info. I leave at 5:30 and I'm not in tomorrow. :rolleyes: I did 4 and called it a day. Because fuck that, sorry. 

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Just spent an hour with my therapist discussing a former best friend (which came up last week, I think as a result of saying she's the only girl I might have ever had a crush on?) and now for next week I have to think about other relationships to discuss and analyze. Which is cute, because I haven't had even that many close friendships in the first place. Bleh. Sometimes I really wish therapy was just "here all your problems are magically solved." 

ETA: but I didnt cry this week. Mostly all I'm feeling is "ugh I still cant believe she married that douche."

• Like 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

We have a presentation in just under 2 hours on the group paper from last week. My slides have a handful of bullet points that need explaining. My two group members cut and pasted chunks of the paper into theirs. I cannot.

I also have exactly zero motivation to do this. We're each supposed to talk for ten minutes and I have nothing. I want food and sleep.

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

It did! I think so anyway. The prof told one of my partners that our paper was very strong, and that was essentially our presentation so it can't have been that bad. The only downside is during the q&a section people spent half an hour arguing over a point we had no control over (the video we analyzed referred to depression as a black dog, and people were literally like "but I have a black dog and I love him!") so the entire class ran over and other people didn't have enough time. Which wasn't our fault. But still annoys me. 

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Grumpy Flea is grumpy. Called an Uber home because the metro is just not worth fucking with for the next three weeks, it takes 15 minutes for the driver who was THREE minutes away to pick me up, because she didn't pay attention and drove right past me twice and then just marked the trip as already started, then drove past me AGAIN after I called her to ask wtf she was doing. But I didn't dare cancel the trip because it was only $3 and I'm sure the fare has gone up for rush hour. I'm so pissed. I have so much homework to do and the entire purpose of taking this Uber was to get home fast. Ugh. Fml. 

Eta: and the girl I'm pooling with will not shut up and is telling the driver her entire life story. 

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

omg. My 5k outfit consists of 4 articles of clothing in patterns that clash horribly. Plus my neon shoes. This is going to be incredible. 

Also it includes the tank top I wore for the Spartan, which was washed twice and is still the color of mud. I love it.

• Like 6

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

5 hours ago, fleaball said:

the video we analyzed referred to depression as a black dog, and people were literally like "but I have a black dog and I love him!"

Pahahaha I'm dying. This is the funniest thing I've heard all day. It sounds like a comedy skit. 

• Like 2

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

12 hours ago, fleaball said:

omg. My 5k outfit consists of 4 articles of clothing in patterns that clash horribly. Plus my neon shoes. This is going to be incredible. 

Also it includes the tank top I wore for the Spartan, which was washed twice and is still the color of mud. I love it.

This is glorious. Simply glorious. I cannot wait!

• Like 3

Who's running on less than 4 hours of sleep? This motherfucker. An assignment I left til the last minute predictably took so much longer than expected and next thing I knew it was 1:30am. Le sigh. 

8 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

This is glorious. Simply glorious. I cannot wait!

Did you get your packets yet??

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

6 minutes ago, fleaball said:

Did you get your packets yet??

I did not. I looked at the amount they charged me and apparently, even though I was supposed to be charged for the packet shipping, I never was. 

So the good news is I didn't pay to have them not delivered. The bad news is, now I have to get there early enough to pick up a packed. 

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

I did not. I looked at the amount they charged me and apparently, even though I was supposed to be charged for the packet shipping, I never was. 

So the good news is I didn't pay to have them not delivered. The bad news is, now I have to get there early enough to pick up a packed. 

Ouch. :/ See you at the ass crack of dawn then. That's so shitty. 

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Just now, Sylvaa said:

We plan on rolling in about 8. If necessary, I will use my charm and good looks to get us our packets late (just kidding!).

This is totally the ass crack of dawn, considering it's a Saturday. That sounds like a solid plan though. I can't imagine it will be so crazy that you can't get them at that point. 

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

1 minute ago, fleaball said:

This is totally the ass crack of dawn, considering it's a Saturday. That sounds like a solid plan though. I can't imagine it will be so crazy that you can't get them at that point. 

We are totally leaving by 6. I will try to be the dutiful wife who does not sleep in the car on the way. It is still up in the air as to whether or not it will be successful.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

We are totally leaving by 6. I will try to be the dutiful wife who does not sleep in the car on the way. It is still up in the air as to whether or not it will be successful.

It's the thought that counts. 

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Shoot me. It's $220 to take a certification exam for French. I just listened to a sample listening test at the highest level and it was a clip about ecology from a radio show and I got like nothing out of it. But then I listened to the next level down and it was super easy to understand? Time to practice. 

I have nothing to do at work because all but one person on my team have the day off. You'd think that'd mean I'd get homework done but mostly I'm staring off into space. And also yelling at myself for not keeping up with French ugh. 

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

59 minutes ago, fleaball said:

Shoot me. It's $220 to take a certification exam for French. I just listened to a sample listening test at the highest level and it was a clip about ecology from a radio show and I got like nothing out of it. But then I listened to the next level down and it was super easy to understand? Time to practice. 

This is so neat though!? You're awesome. 

• Like 2

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

59 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

This is so neat though!? You're awesome. 

ha, yeah I guess I shouldn't complain. I'm just frustrated that I haven't used it in 6 years and have lost so much. Which is my own fault of course. 

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I was gonna go to bed early tonight, both to make up for last night and because I'm getting up early tomorrow. Except it's 8:35 and the pizza I ordered at 7:11 that was supposed to take 47 minutes isn't out for delivery yet, according to the Dominos tracker. I just want my damn food. D:

Also this is post #4801. I wonder if I get a new title at 5k?

• Like 4

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

1 minute ago, fleaball said:

Also this is post #4801. I wonder if I get a new title at 5k?

TIME TO SPAM

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

TIME TO SPAM

lmao but that's basically all I do anyway?

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Waiting two hours for that pizza was so not worth it. I feel disgusting right now. 

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I think very few pizzas are so good that waiting two hours would be alright...

• Like 1

Introduction (where I started, May 2016) ~*~ NF Character (dormant)

Progress as a Nomad: Battle log where I do my own challenges

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

1 hour ago, Dagger said:

I think very few pizzas are so good that waiting two hours would be alright...

Valid point. 

Ugh I slept so well that I just didn't want to get up today and now I'm well behind my self imposed schedule. I'm not running late in practical terms, but now I'm adding bright blue socks to my outfit over my capris because I don't have time to shave. Whee. 

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi