Forums are back in action! ×

Overheard in the gym - Share!

Every boy should date ONE girl who makes him wonder if he's gonna wake up the next morning

Whut?

store_header_1422919558.jpg?Policy=eyJTd

• Like 6

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

I saw someone in the gym today walking sideways on a treadmill, is this a thing I'm unfamiliar with or is he just an idiot?

Getting ready for the beach?

• Like 1

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

I saw someone in the gym today walking sideways on a treadmill, is this a thing I'm unfamiliar with or is he just an idiot?

We used to do drills like that in football for lateral movement, you would either cross your feet, or just "clap" em depending on what you were going for. Might be related to that...

Something like this...

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

• "Do you have to work out so seriously?" - A lady around her 50's to me in the middle of a set while doing biceps.
  • "Why do you have to wear such provocative clothing?" - A man in his 40's or something because I was wearing a regular wifebeater shirt in the gym.
  • "You'll just have to wait for me to finish" - A lady doing 20 sets of 20 reps of "squats" with 10cm range of motion with just the bar taking the only squatting spot in the entire gym. One set took like 2min to finish and she had 1min rest in between sets.
  • "I have barbell curls in my program so just wait for your turn" - A guy who did barbell curls inside the only cage in the gym during rush hour.

The last two have been the only times I have simply told another gym goer to f**k off. I have absolutely no patience for people hoarding equipment in the gym especially if they are going to use them for the next 40min as the squatting lady tried to do.

• Like 1

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of girly men.

Do you have to wear such provocative clothing? 

Myself from 10 years ago would give me a good solid smack for saying this, but I wish some of the women at my gym would wear more clothing. They are all very fit, attractive, and have bottoms that clearly show they squat, but it is distracting. 

I'm not talking yoga pants, or tight fitting clothing. I'm more over referring to the women who wear booty shorts with cheek hanging out. I should not be able to see your bum cheek! I  like seeing your bum cheek, but when I'm at them gym I'm trying to keep focus and routine going!

Perhaps your bulging arm muscles, and traps were distracting this older chap.

Currently lost in Fitness.

Myself from 10 years ago would give me a good solid smack for saying this, but I wish some of the women at my gym would wear more clothing. They are all very fit, attractive, and have bottoms that clearly show they squat, but it is distracting.

I'm not talking yoga pants, or tight fitting clothing. I'm more over referring to the women who wear booty shorts with cheek hanging out. I should not be able to see your bum cheek! I like seeing your bum cheek, but when I'm at them gym I'm trying to keep focus and routine going!

Speaking for myself, it's a total arse trying to get knee sleeves on over leggings and I can't see everything I need to if I wear loose clothing I could get knee sleeves under, so shorts it is.

Longer ones ruck up pretty quickly and I have no shame about my thighs, so I'll quite happily wear booty shorts to the gym. They're pretty much the most comfortable thing in my wardrobe.

I did once get hauled aside at work for my clothing being "incitement to sexual harassment" by a manager... HR and the unions disagreed with that description. My crime? A cashmere sweater and not being flat chested.

So with all due respect, I'll wear what I like.

• Like 2

I did once get hauled aside at work for my clothing being "incitement to sexual harassment" by a manager... HR and the unions disagreed with that description. My crime? A cashmere sweater and not being flat chested.

i didn't know that clothing could be responsible for sexual harassment....

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

That HR issue is ludicrous.

Looking at your Instragram from your sig the shorts you are wearing are about 3" longer than the ones I'm talking about. No bum cheek visible at all!

But you are right in that everyone has the right to wear whatever they want.  Just as I have the right to complain about it. 

Gosh I'm quickly becoming a crotchety old man!

• Like 4

Currently lost in Fitness.

I'm not a crotchety old man yet.  I'm still a dirty old man.  I hope I never become a crotchety old man.

• Like 5

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Want to play?  MFPvP

I'm not talking yoga pants, or tight fitting clothing. I'm more over referring to the women who wear booty shorts with cheek hanging out. I should not be able to see your bum cheek! I like seeing your bum cheek, but when I'm at them gym I'm trying to keep focus and routine going!

I'm sorry to say but as a man it is not your position to tell women what to wear. If women are distracting you from your workout that is your problem not theirs. You just don't look and yes it can be done.

Sorry didn't see your next response. Yeah you can complain but at the same time you can't expect others to wear what you want for your benefit.

Current Challenge

Previous challenges:7, 6 5, 4,  3. 2, 1

I am the one thing in life I can control

I'm not talking yoga pants, or tight fitting clothing. I'm more over referring to the women who wear booty shorts with cheek hanging out. I should not be able to see your bum cheek! I  like seeing your bum cheek, but when I'm at them gym I'm trying to keep focus and routine going!

Booty shorts and squat ass and you're complaining?

Your man card. In jeopardy it is.

• Like 3

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

You just don't look and yes it can be done.

This.  Job was able to manage it.  So can you!

"I made a covenant with my eyes not to look lustfully at a girl. 

Job 31:1

• Like 1

Spoiler

Want to play?  MFPvP

Women wear revealing clothing, men look. Simple as that. If I wear a wifebeater or shorts, I can't complain if women look at my arms or quads. I have seen some women working out in sports bra they call a "top" + short shorts that were smaller than my boxers and still complain the staff when some guy looked at them weird.

• Like 2

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of girly men.

Women wear revealing clothing, men look. Simple as that. If I wear a wifebeater or shorts, I can't complain if women look at my arms or quads. I have seen some women working out in sports bra they call a "top" + short shorts that were smaller than my boxers and still complain the staff when some guy looked at them weird.

This is something I don't think I will ever understand. People are going to look at other people as long as the human body continues to reflect light back into our retinas. Its like my mother always told me, if you don't want people to look at you, go hide somewhere. Personally, I don't care who stares at me, mostly because I'm too focused on what I'm doing to notice. As long as that person stays their creepy ass on the other side of the gym, its all good.

• Like 3

This is something I don't think I will ever understand. People are going to look at other people as long as the human body continues to reflect light back into our retinas. Its like my mother always told me, if you don't want people to look at you, go hide somewhere. Personally, I don't care who stares at me, mostly because I'm too focused on what I'm doing to notice. As long as that person stays their creepy ass on the other side of the gym, its all good.

Exactly. Everyone is being looked at for different reasons. Some chick might be looked at for showing off her ass in borderline hipsters, some huge dude might be looked at for his size, some other person for his clothing in general, I get looked at because I'm not the monk-in-morphine kind of trainer etc.

Gems from my mom:

"What makes you think YOU'RE so important that people care what you're wearing?"

"Do you ALWAYS want to be known as 'That idiot withe the orange hair'?"

"Trust me, Nobody Really Cares If You Don't Go to the Party"

My mom:

"If you laugh before breakfast, you'll cry before supper."

"Enough is enough and too much stinks."

"Oh hell's bells, I can't reach that. I NEED A TALL PERSON IN HERE!"

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP