Forums are back in action! ×

Overheard in the gym - Share!

That's not evil.  That's called "prudent location planning".

There's a women's only good life in my city, right between a wedding dress shop and a cake shop. It's hysterical.

• Like 5

"What doesn't kill me better start running", level 7 Furyan Assassin
My Journey From Fat to Fit: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|CURRENT

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

No one ever told you how to properly use pronouns, huh?

Try this: "He might have winked (was kind of far away), but he's a guy and I don't swing that way"

Thanks

Don't be an idiot

http://www.eattoperform.com/2015/03/28/dont-earn-food-gym-six-lessons-wish-id-learned-sooner-lisbeth-darsh/

Actually they works in a non-plural sense linguistically. It's also a good way of communicating without denoting assumed gender, although in this context using the he/him format would have been more appropriate.

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

Guess I should have used pink font...

Actually they works in a non-plural sense linguistically. It's also a good way of communicating without denoting assumed gender, although in this context using the he/him format would have been more appropriate.

I was wanting to leave it open to the end... then have the twist.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

I was wanting to leave it open to the end... then have the twist.

Ahhh.... sense is made.

Nope - something angry

light jazz makes me angry, so its great mode music for the gym.  

• Like 4

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

That video is brutal, I regret watching it.

Also, I have the same exact singlet as him.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Ouch.

Hard to imagine that happening unless you're trying a lift that's WAY above where you normally train, but I'm not a doctor, I don't play a doctor on TV, and I didn't stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

light jazz makes me angry, so its great mode music for the gym.  

Trying to decide if light jazz is better or worse than wistful cowboy, which seemed to be the theme the other morning at my gym.

• Like 1

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

Can totally see someone grunting through their heavy sets with good ol Kenny blaring. 

Ick. I loathe saxophone music.

• Like 1

MFP

Can totally see someone grunting through their heavy sets with good ol Kenny blaring. 

This shit would make me rage.  You lil'bros better not ask me when I'm down the squat rack when I'm pumping this through my headphones, I still have curls to rage lift.

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

This shit would make me rage.  You lil'bros better not ask me when I'm down the squat rack when I'm pumping this through my headphones, I still have curls to rage lift.

Kenny G is king of curls. Just look at his hair. It's positively inspirational.

• Like 3

MFP

Ouch.

Hard to imagine that happening unless you're trying a lift that's WAY above where you normally train, but I'm not a doctor, I don't play a doctor on TV, and I didn't stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Not really. For lifters really advanced, it takes a LONG time to completely recover, weeks sometimes. If they go into a meet and try to hit their theoretical max when their tendons and muscles are only 90% healed, this can happen, as they're already a bit compromised. Happened to Brandon Lilly a bit over a year ago. Their muscles are just so strong that their contractile strength has exceeded their ability to hold onto the bone, as tendons take much longer to develop than the muscle does, and they'll just rip off in this case, especially if not fully recovered and prepped for such a lift.

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Not really. For lifters really advanced, it takes a LONG time to completely recover, weeks sometimes. If they go into a meet and try to hit their theoretical max when their tendons and muscles are only 90% healed, this can happen, as they're already a bit compromised. Happened to Brandon Lilly a bit over a year ago. Their muscles are just so strong that their contractile strength has exceeded their ability to hold onto the bone, as tendons take much longer to develop than the muscle does, and they'll just rip off in this case, especially if not fully recovered and prepped for such a lift.

Well that makes sense.  Thanks for the education.

Certainly looked painful though.  Is that a career ending injury, or is it possible to have it repaired (surgically I assume?) and make a full recovery?

Pardon me if I don't show that video to my wife, she'll worry about that happening to me when I start Stronglifts.

That video is brutal, I regret watching it.

I've seen that video before and I recently watched a video where a guy tears a tendon in his chest while benching. The pop gives me chills and makes me a little queasy.

Well that makes sense.  Thanks for the education.

Certainly looked painful though.  Is that a career ending injury, or is it possible to have it repaired (surgically I assume?) and make a full recovery?

Pardon me if I don't show that video to my wife, she'll worry about that happening to me when I start Stronglifts.

I don't show them to my wife either. It's definitely possible to come back from, just very hard and takes a long ass time, and possibly never fully. I think Lilly is just starting to actually squat again with 135 or so after a year of recovery. I keep menitoning him as he's the only person I follow at all that's had one like this. You can find it on youtube, but he tears both quads and I believe both MCLs and an ACL or something along those lines. When the weight is that heavy, once one goes, the other try to take up the slack, then they are overloaded and go, and so on until the bar is on the ground or your spotters save the day.

500 / 330 / 625

I've seen that video before and I recently watched a video where a guy tears a tendon in his chest while benching. The pop gives me chills and makes me a little queasy.

Torn pec bruising is crazy looking. This guy attempted over 700. Think he might have made it and just tore in the process, not sure:

scot-mendelson-pec-tear.jpg

500 / 330 / 625

I cannot even attempt to watch the videos being linked. Just thinking about them is making me squirm. We watched the 30 for 30 that ESPN made about Bo Jackson and the parts about his hip about did me in.

• Like 1

MFP

Take five, people

Just. Take. Five. OK?

I see a new AMRAP Pull up record tonight

Wheymen