Forums are back in action! ×

Overheard in the gym - Share!

I don't think people who wear these understand the concept of shirts very well. That or they use the 'spirit of shirt' to make a conceptual abstraction.

• Like 1

I don't think people who wear these understand the concept of shirts very well. That or they use the 'spirit of shirt' to make a conceptual abstraction.

Bro, his awesomeness ate away at the rest of his shirt.  He can't help it.

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

Its all about your style and attitude: sweet muscles, teased hair, lots of Axe and bro shirts.  Then when they are circled around you, you need to show indifference with "that's enough ladies, you've had your 5 minutes with Tyr."  and then back to your workout.  

you will never have to settle for food as a reward again.

I do it SO wrong.  Long pants and a sweatshirt--either a hoodie with the hood up, or I wear a beanie-- every time.

I don't do shorts, I don't do short sleeved shirts, If you could see my hair, it is too short to tease (much) and I sweat so much that I don't bother with Axe or anything else.  I seriously dress like Rocky Balboa.  No fingerless gloves, but otherwise, yeah.  This is how I roll:

Rocky_Balboa-6-Sylvester_Stallone.jpg

• Like 2

Did I offer advice in my post?  Please keep the following in mind:

• I am not a doctor nor any other kind of medical professional.
  • I am not a lawyer.
  • I am not a mental health provider
  • I am not a nutritionist
  • Your mileage may vary
  • I don't do anything in moderation
  • I have lots of injuries & if you train like me, you probably will too.

Bro, his awesomeness ate away at the rest of his shirt.  He can't help it.

So you're tellin' me there's a set o' creatures that spit a polyester-digestin'-chem'cal out o' their nipples n' armpits, and we're to live peacefully with'em?

That's pretty far out' brahski.

• Like 4

Exchange in the office about gyms:

Colleague: "Did I tell you that my new job comes with a free gym in the building?"

Me: "Does it have a squat rack?"

Colleague: *confused look* "I don't know I haven't been there yet."

Me: *pouts*

My company spent about half a million on constructing a new fitness center.

No barbells. The dumbbells are pink and go up to like 15lbs. No boxes, bands, rings, power stands. Not even a pull up bar.

They have xbox, though.

• Like 3

My company spent about half a million on constructing a new fitness center.

No barbells. The dumbbells are pink and go up to like 15lbs. No boxes, bands, rings, power stands. Not even a pull up bar.

They have xbox, though.

This makes me a sad panda.  

2013_6beb.jpeg

• Like 2

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

WTF is a mummer?

The Philadelphia Mummer's Parade is an annual tradition. It's sort of like a New Year's day parade meets mardi-gras meets the circus.

Each troupe does a themed performance in front of city hall. It's televised all day. My favorite are the string bands and fancies. Here's a a string band performance from this year, themed after Batman.

• Like 3

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Bro-shirt?  Bah.

Proper work-out attire for REAL men:

Old worn out (100% cotton) t-shirt.  Bonus points if it has a pocket.  Holes optional.

Champion brand shorts or (if it's deadlift day) sweat pants.  Extra points if the color clashes with that of the t-shirt.

Basic white crew socks and tighty-whitey's.

Chuck Taylor all-stars in black or white.  Maybe red if you can prove they were on sale and/or you have an unusual size so you could claim those were the only ones that fit.

If a woman is willing to get within 10 feet of you right after a work-out, she's either got a SERIOUS sweat fetish (I've heard of women like that) or you're not working hard enough.

• Like 7

Bro-shirt?  Bah.

Proper work-out attire for REAL men:

Old worn out (100% cotton) t-shirt.  Bonus points if it has a pocket.  Holes optional.

Champion brand shorts or (if it's deadlift day) sweat pants.  Extra points if the color clashes with that of the t-shirt.

Basic white crew socks and tighty-whitey's.

Chuck Taylor all-stars in black or white.  Maybe red if you can prove they were on sale and/or you have an unusual size so you could claim those were the only ones that fit.

If a woman is willing to get within 10 feet of you right after a work-out, she's either got a SERIOUS sweat fetish (I've heard of women like that) or you're not working hard enough.

I had a man looking at me in awe after a cardio session. My long hair whipped back like a wet dog, and my cotton shirt drenched from shoulders to pelvis while my ratty sneakers squeaked with water.

I think he just thought,

'boy, where is this lil guy keep all the water!?'

• Like 2

I had a man looking at me in awe after a cardio session. My long hair whipped back like a wet dog, and my cotton shirt drenched from shoulders to pelvis while my ratty sneakers squeaked with water.

I think he just thought,

'boy, where is this lil guy keep all the water!?'

I've had my wife yell at me after mowing the lawn for dripping sweat all over the kitchen floor.  I wear an old cap to keep the sweat out of my eyes, it's very common to see drips of sweat falling off the end of the bill.

Yeah, I'm that guy.  

Towel service is a must-have for the gym, just so no one slips where I've been.

Hey, that rhymes.  I'm a poet and don't know it.  My feet show it.  They're long fellows.

• Like 2

I've had my wife yell at me after mowing the lawn for dripping sweat all over the kitchen floor.  I wear an old cap to keep the sweat out of my eyes, it's very common to see drips of sweat falling off the end of the bill.

Yeah, I'm that guy.  

Towel service is a must-have for the gym, just so no one slips where I've been.

Hey, that rhymes.  I'm a poet and don't know it.  My feet show it.  They're long fellows.

this is why I wear visors when I golf, or the sweat stains will make the hat unwearable after 36 holes.

• Like 1

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

Loling at 'spirit of the shirt' :)

• Like 1

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

Basically. The exposed nipple is bonus points.

Late to the party here, but that's the shirt. We want to go shirtless but most gyms don't allow it. You get the proper ventilation and coverage. I support it. Just not the exposed nipple. No one wants to see my chocolate kisses lol.

I tried making a similar shirt but the arm sleeves weren't THAT big

• Like 2

We want to go shirtless but most gyms don't allow it.

Go to a CrossFit box. They don't care what you wear (or don't wear)...as long as you're decent :P

• Like 1

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

I have the gym that doesn't allow tank tops and sleeveless tops at all. No bro tanks, no sports bras on their own, nada. The general uniform for guys is a t-shirt and basketball shorts. For women, capris (almost always black) and some sort of t-shirt. There are two women who wear capris with cut outs up the side and I have no problem with it but it always strikes me as funny that they show more skin doing that than I think most people would while wearing a tank.

• Like 1

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

Late to the party here, but that's the shirt. We want to go shirtless but most gyms don't allow it. You get the proper ventilation and coverage. I support it. Just not the exposed nipple. No one wants to see my chocolate kisses lol.

I tried making a similar shirt but the arm sleeves weren't THAT big

No one is looking at your nipps when they are too busy staring at your arms!

• Like 1

Wheymen

No one is looking at your nipps when they are too busy staring at your arms!

Dude I have lovely nips. Don't underestimate. I was just being modest in the previous post
  • Like 3

Then I'd have to do cardio lol

Not necessarily. At the box that I infrequent, there are a few individuals who only do power/olympic lifting. There are also a number of people who exclusively attend for BJJ training.

• Like 1

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

Go to a CrossFit box. They don't care what you wear (or don't wear)...as long as you're decent :tongue:

The later is not a requirement at all of them. I have had to put in a lot of effort not to stare at some of the ladies at some boxes I've gone to, butt cheeks hanging all out of their shorts.

• Like 3

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I need to try crossfit suddenly

Me too

• Like 1

Wheymen