Forums are back in action! ×

Overheard in the gym - Share!

I'm a 44 year old chick and I have to keep checking myself, Dude comes into my conversations way to much. :)

We're still wondering what the pregnant swan is.
  • Like 3

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Quite confused ... a site full of nerds, yet none of you can use "google"

When one has a rather muscular arm/bicep which bulges his shirt or clothes. An over large bicep muscle which also may be described as 'Hench'.
"Look at that geeza, check out his pregnant swan."

"oi breddas check out my pregnant swan."

"that mans jj is the creator, look at his pregnant swan!"
  • Like 4

Human | Ranger

Level 3 | STR: 8 | DEX: 2 | STA: 8 | CON: 5 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 7

Current Challenge / Second Challenge, /  My First Challenge

Basically Eleanorsbee.

if you flex your bicep with a fist then turn your hand outwards making a duck beak with your fingers you get what looks like a swans neck, if you have great biceps you get what we call a "pregnant swan". I know there would be some technical term for it, maybe one of the more experienced Warriors would know.

My use of it was totally sarcastic! I have wood duck more than pregnant swan arms!

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

I'm a 44 year old chick and I have to keep checking myself, Dude comes into my conversations way to much. :)

Yeah, I use Dude a lot too. I also tell my daughter to "chill out, homeslice" on a regular basis. I generally have to switch between that and "punch it, Chewie" daily. Kids have their own concept of time and schedules and it doesn't always work with the real world.

• Like 5

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

When one has a rather muscular arm/bicep which bulges his shirt or clothes. An over large bicep muscle which also may be described as 'Hench'.

I googled it and got a pregnant lady in a swan pose... and I couldn't figure out how that fit, unless her name's gonna be changed to sevenofeight soon... :-)

• Like 2

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

"Dude" the first of my "four stages of annoyance" with my 3 year old:

Level 1: "Dude"

Level 2: "Son"

Level 3: "Child"

Level 4: "<first name>!!!"

"Firstname Lastname!!!" is reserved for use by his mother ;)

LOL, I know when I'm about to get into trouble because my mom will take in a deep breath to start my full name. I have 3 middle names, it takes a moment to yell at me.

• Like 2

"What doesn't kill me better start running", level 7 Furyan Assassin
My Journey From Fat to Fit: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|CURRENT

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

LOL, I know when I'm about to get into trouble because my mom will take in a deep breath to start my full name. I have 3 middle names, it takes a moment to yell at me.

Damn.... that's long enough to run out of range of hearing and be like "I couldn't hear you"

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Damn.... that's long enough to run out of range of hearing and be like "I couldn't hear you"

Nah, my mom's a sprinter. She can outrun me easily.

• Like 1

"What doesn't kill me better start running", level 7 Furyan Assassin
My Journey From Fat to Fit: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|CURRENT

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

Also, he has no interesting in squatting but will deadlift.

Suddenly (within the last few months) my husband has just straight up quit on squats and DLs. It's oddly discouraging for me, since he's my workout buddy and I wanna celebrate his gains in addition to my own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Stay strong until you win against yourself. At the end of the day, you will always be the winner." - Rika Usami

Deadlift Goal: 300 lb (136.078 kg)

71.7%
71.7%

Bodyweight: [start: 185 lb] [Current: 161 lb] [Goal: 135 lb]

44%
44%

I did use google, but I kept getting pictures of dancers and actual swans.

• Like 1

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Str- 18, Dex-12, Sta-10, Con-23, Wis-88, Cha-47

"Not all who wander are lost."

"We Shall Not Practice Fear"

Current Battlelog

I googled it and got an interesting sex move........It scared me a little bit

• Like 4

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Nothing is ever easy." Zeddicus Zull Zorander

"Do or Do Not, There is no try" Yoda

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Bench: 195lbs

Squat: 245lbs

Deadlift: 295lbs

Total weight: 735lbs

Goal Weight 1000lbs

Always makes for the most memorable encounters

Sent from my phone, through the banging of weights, to the chimp translators aboard the tardis powered by the dylithiam crystal flux capacitor.

• Like 1

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

You can also use the above with both arms, then tell everyone around to call a vet as these swans are sick...

My mom never calls my full name. It's just that her first language wasn't mine, and my dad's last name plus the first name he gave me is really complicated. :P

Being the Mum to a few children my go to is "Oi" followed by the throwing of whatever utensil may be at hand. Knives not included.

Please Note: no children or animals were hurt and/or killed during the making of their childhoods.

The flying sandal - my mom could make it go around corners, I swear.
  • Like 4

The past is only smoke in a dream.

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

STR 9 DEX 4 STA 9 CON 8 WIS 2 CHA 8

Barfly ain't even tryin'...

Was at the gym last night with the wife and saw a girl that I used to go to school with. She was "squatting" the bar and 25s on each side. 95 total

Now i do "Squatting " because her feet were much wider than her shoulders, she would bend at the waist, then go down to the bottom of her thigh parallel to the ground, and then shove her butt out like she was doing a good morning. I attempted to help her out and critic her form a little bit (we got along in high school so I figured that might help)

Her response was "Well this is how my Ex taught me to squat, and he is a level 2 certified Crossfit Coach, what certifications do you have?"

I put my headphones back in and proceeded to squat 205 for 6 reps with near perfect form ATG too.

I took the headphones out and said "That’s my certification. IF you want to destroy your back and knees due to no full range of mobility, go right ahead."

Put the headphones back in and proceeded to deadlift loudly next to her

• Like 3

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

The flying sandal - my mom could make it go around corners, I swear.

My mom had the paperback books that she could put crazy curves on.

• Like 2

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf