Forums are back in action! ×

Overheard in the gym - Share!

LUZL- I did that last Friday- there are 2 sets of squats in my workout- so squat bench squat.

back on my second round of squats I load i tup with something like 85%... and crank out the sets- painfully.

Last set I realize it was supposed only be 150 pounds for six sets of 3- not 185...  no wonder that shit was hard!!! LOL

• Like 1

Overseen today

Dude who must've just come from the Dentist, because after finishing his run on the dreadmill, took a big gulp of water and spit-take'd it all over the front of himself

I am that Dude

that entire stand up is hilarious. i still die laughing when i watch it these days

• Like 1

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

Heard this gem after spin class over the weekend. 

Immediately after class as people were filing out a lady went 

'I'm glad I came to class this morning, it means I can eat whatever I want for the rest of the day'

I giggled thinking it was a joke and got a glare back from her, whoops!

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both

Not heard, and not in a gym; but did anyone watch the little gymnast lady actually beat the warped wall for the qualifier on American ninja warrior?! So. Freaking. Awesome!!  I have a new long term goal.

• Like 3

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Str- 18, Dex-12, Sta-10, Con-23, Wis-88, Cha-47

"Not all who wander are lost."

"We Shall Not Practice Fear"

Current Battlelog

I may have to change gyms...........there was a rat the size of a cat in there this morning, luckily the gym dawg was quick enough to grab it, not sure what happened to the head but found the body on the lawn.

Meanwhile-in-Australia.png

• Like 6

level 4 Gnoll warrior
STR 6|DEX 5|STA 4|CON 5|WIS 5|CHA 2

Building a better Raev, part 1.

Goal: working set of 350# squat, 235# bench, 370# deadlift, 15% or lower BF%

Fix slight pelvic tilt, reinforce lower back to help disc issue

I may have to change gyms...........there was a rat the size of a cat in there this morning, luckily the gym dawg was quick enough to grab it, not sure what happened to the head but found the body on the lawn.

Did you lift it? Gotta get in those rat curls if you want peaks, bro.

• Like 3

They told me I could be anything when I grow up, so I became a superhero.

Handbook for Applied Superheroics:

Ch 1 | Ch 2 | Ch 3 | Ch 4

Talking to a trainer at my gym the other day, I mentioned that I wish I had discovered my love of weight training earlier in life and if I had I may have become a trainer I love it so much.

His comment "Yeah, it's going to be a great hobby for you but unfortunately nobody is going to hire someone your age.  Who wants a trainer in their 30s? Thankfully for you, you've already got a career"

Gee thanks, dick.

• Like 3

level 4 Gnoll warrior
STR 6|DEX 5|STA 4|CON 5|WIS 5|CHA 2

Building a better Raev, part 1.

Goal: working set of 350# squat, 235# bench, 370# deadlift, 15% or lower BF%

Fix slight pelvic tilt, reinforce lower back to help disc issue

Talking to a trainer at my gym the other day, I mentioned that I wish I had discovered my love of weight training earlier in life and if I had I may have become a trainer I love it so much.

His comment "Yeah, it's going to be a great hobby for you but unfortunately nobody is going to hire someone your age.  Who wants a trainer in their 30s? Thankfully for you, you've already got a career"

Gee thanks, dick.

What a rude jerkface! We have trainers of all ages at my gym, I think the age range is 24-70. I think you should get your certs, become a trainer and nab some of his clients :P

• Like 1

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both

Gee thanks, dick.

There's a PT in our place, looks like Yarp from Hot Fuzz, he seems to do alright for clients!

Never too late to start!

Gee thanks, dick.

If he said that to me, I'd never train with him again.  One of my favorite trainers at my gym is easily over 30, possibly over 40 (never asked him his age).  

• Like 1

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

If he said that to me, I'd never train with him again.  One of my favorite trainers at my gym is easily over 30, possibly over 40 (never asked him his age).  

This, I prefer the slightly older trainers. If they keep up with new discoveries and insights they typically know their stuff better & a lot of them are definitely better at motivating people. 

• Like 1

level 10 wood elf assassin

Intro1st challenge | .... | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | Current @ warriors

This, I prefer the slightly older trainers. If they keep up with new discoveries and insights they typically know their stuff better & a lot of them are definitely better at motivating people. 

An older trainer would def boost my morale: "If he can still do it..."

The past is only smoke in a dream.

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

STR 9 DEX 4 STA 9 CON 8 WIS 2 CHA 8

Barfly ain't even tryin'...