Hey y'all! I'm algorithmicpoet, 35, from Ireland.

I started using the NF app about a month ago, but have been on a fitness journey since late last year when I realised I was at my heaviest and most unhealthy in about a decade. I'm hypermobile, have chondromalacia patellas (a fancy term for borked knees), and am ADHD inattentive type so it's been a bit of a challenge to find stuff that both works and I stick to, but I'm chugging along steadily so far. A lot of it has been getting into gardening and picking back up VR gaming, particularly Beat Saber, but I've done some structured home workouts too. Next step will hopefully be getting into some lifting and more defined cardio.

Ultimately I'd like to get generally stronger and fitter; LARP is my main hobby and if I can end a fight without being winded that would be ace. Plus I'd like my meatsuit to stay functional as long as possible, and it's already getting on in years. 

Looking forward to joining the community :)

• Like 4

Hey there! I am also very new to the forums but have been following NF for awhile now. Promised myself I would step out of my comfort zone and form a community with some like minded individuals and so here I am. 😊 I think it is awesome that you have found fun and functional ways to get in some exercise while also doing things you love. LARPing to your hearts content also sounds like great motivation so keep it up. Just wanted to stop by and say great job and welcome! 😁

• Like 2
On 6/13/2023 at 9:35 PM, algorithmicpoet said:

I'm chugging along steadily so far. A lot of it has been getting into gardening and picking back up VR gaming, particularly Beat Saber, but I've done some structured home workouts too. Next step will hopefully be getting into some lifting and more defined cardio.

We have a gardening guild for sharing things we're excited about and for asking advice when we're in need of it: 

Beat Sabre is a lot of fun! Having fun exercises to do is definitely a great way to make consistency easier. 😃

Ultimately I'd like to get generally stronger and fitter; LARP is my main hobby and if I can end a fight without being winded that would be ace.

Oh, that's neat! I've never tried LARPing, so I don't know its rules, but I've encountered players, and it looks and sounds fun. 😃

Plus I'd like my meatsuit to stay functional as long as possible, and it's already getting on in years. 

Looking forward to joining the community :)

Welcome! ☺

Level 11 Ranger

Spoiler

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89, 101112

Current challenge:  to face the trials of this life at my own speed, savoring my accomplishments, and accepting my failures with peace