Forums are back in action! ×

Hi! 

I'm starting out my Epic Quest of Awesome after 3.5 years of next-to-no sleep, and very little non-kid related activity. My 2 Demon Spawn (DS) are awesome and fantastic weight training, but I finally have enough brain power to start remembering or discovering who *I* am.

Keeping things very slow and incremental. My leftover mental energy after work and kids is limited so I'm taking the mantra "if it feels too hard it probably is, if it seems too easy that's about right" to heart. Thanks, Steve! The right words at the right time.

I originally thought I'd be a scout, but I'm courting the assassins instead after remembering how much fun I used to have as a gymnast about a million years ago. Here's hoping there is some lingering muscle memory.

Onward to glory

• Like 1

I totally get where you're at right now. I have a 4 year old toddler and have been juggling his needs and work. Sleep deprivation is killer, and when you surface from the whole intense kid wrangling and go "hang on, where did I go?" that can be a difficult time. Baby steps sound about right (that's how I'm doing it), good luck! 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ash Raine said:

Hi! 

I'm starting out my Epic Quest of Awesome after 3.5 years of next-to-no sleep, and very little non-kid related activity. My 2 Demon Spawn (DS) are awesome and fantastic weight training, but I finally have enough brain power to start remembering or discovering who *I* am.

Keeping things very slow and incremental. My leftover mental energy after work and kids is limited so I'm taking the mantra "if it feels too hard it probably is, if it seems too easy that's about right" to heart. Thanks, Steve! The right words at the right time.

I originally thought I'd be a scout, but I'm courting the assassins instead after remembering how much fun I used to have as a gymnast about a million years ago. Here's hoping there is some lingering muscle memory.

Onward to glory

no no! the assassins are courting YOU! :) we are just REALLY SNEAKY about it.

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

Welcome to Nerd Fitness, Ash! 

18 minutes ago, karinajean said:
16 hours ago, Ash Raine said:

I originally thought I'd be a scout, but I'm courting the assassins instead after remembering how much fun I used to have as a gymnast about a million years ago.

no no! the assassins are courting YOU! :) we are just REALLY SNEAKY about it.

:ph34r:

I'm a Guild Leader for the Rebels, AKA home of those of us for whom "fitness" really means "figuring my life out in general, but often not so much physically" but I too feel the draw of Assassin. They sure are sneaky! ;) Feel free to join in with whichever guild you like best or to guild hop if that seems right to you. Go where you can do the most good for yourself. And good luck! 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

Welcome to Nerd Fitness, Ash! 

:ph34r:

I'm a Guild Leader for the Rebels, AKA home of those of us for whom "fitness" really means "figuring my life out in general, but often not so much physically" but I too feel the draw of Assassin. They sure are sneaky! ;) Feel free to join in with whichever guild you like best or to guild hop if that seems right to you. Go where you can do the most good for yourself. And good luck! 

Thank you! And good to know :)

I like that description, BTW

• Like 1