Forums are back in action! ×

Ready to get started!

Hey all,

My name's Chris and I'm a nerd, through and through. Growing up, I loved reading, writing, and (of course!) playing video games, but I was almost always physically active, too. I grew up playing soccer, basketball, tennis, and volleyball, and even ran a few of the mid-length sprints for track. Over the last three years, however, my physical activity level has dwindled, and I've seen my strength and weight diminish. Typical of many Asian Americans, I have a remarkably slender build, clocking in at a massive 135 lbs... which is underweight for my 5'10" frame.

I've tried a handful of different workout routines, but nothing stuck and nothing added more than a handful of pounds over 6-8 months of working out. I was browsing around online (I love reading blogs) and somehow I ended up on this odd little blog called Nerd Fitness. I poked around a little bit and decided that I would give the Angry Birds workout a shot this summer.

I started on June 11th, and my modest goal was to pass level 4 in all four areas by the end of the summer and/or before moving on to a different workout regimen. I haven't weighed myself yet (don't want to shatter my dreams and illusions of weight gain), but I have moved up in each of the exercises. Yesterday was my most recent workout, and, as you'll see, I've gotten noticeably stronger over these 2.5 weeks.

Date: June 11 --> June 29

Squats: 50 BW, 1 set --> 85 Jumping, 3 sets

Push ups: 29, 2 sets --> 90, 4 sets

Back: 30 1 arm rows (with my guitar and hard case) --> 12 pull ups, 3 sets

Plank: 113 seconds, 2 sets --> ~360-380 seconds, 3 sets

Previously, I hadn't really been recording what my workouts consisted of, so I'm excited to be seeing these numerical gains this time around - it's significantly more motivating to be seeing these changes.

I think that's about it for now. I'll be seeing you guys around the forums!

Here's to a new stage in life, a new journey, and new friends.

Piccolojones, a level Half-Elven Warrior 

STR- 5.25 | DEX- 2 | STA- 1 | CON- 2.75 | WIS- 4.75 | CHA 7

Join the HEROES vs. Villains PVP!! FOR NARNIA AND FOR ASLAN!

Current Challenge

Past Challenges: The Return

Benching Bodyweight for 5 Reps: 

Aug 8: 110/143 lbs | Aug 13: 115/140 | Aug 20: 120/142 | Sep 8: 135/144 | Oct 14: 140/143 | Oct 23: 145/143!!!

101.3%
101.3%

Welcome!

Sounds like an impressive progress you're making! Keep it up :D

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

Archived