Forums are back in action! ×

Super..

Missy

The ability to focus ALL my mental attention on one thing for an hour a day.

Obviously, I'd have to make sure I was in a super safe/secure place first, but imagine what I could do!

Solve problems, write papers, paint/create amazing art. It'd be awesome.

Why only an hour? Well, more than that is just asking for trouble :)

Warrior Princess
Eating Psychology Coach

Adventure's Guild Challenge winner: Challenge #24

â•‘ Live the Whole  â•‘ Bucket List â•‘Level up my Lifeâ•‘ 

"Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Every day you're alive is a special occasion."

definitely "shape shifting", with the actual talent being able to diminish/increase total mass completely. think animorphs (does anyone else remember animorphs?) without having to go stroke the animals first. that or yeh, the jumper ability. that's just so fucking cool!

and for why super powers kinda suck: http://www.cracked.com/video_18289_the-best-super-power-is-not-what-you-think.html

My first thought was "I love the animorphs!" Then I caught myself, it is the animaniacs that I love. Haha

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

This was a question on the nerd fitness moderator application. We had to say what and why.

Mine would be to be able to connect into computer networks and instantly absorb and analyze all the information. I got the idea from Lobot, Landu Calrissian's Cloud City cyborg buddy, but it is also sort of like Neo from the Matrix. You'd be able to solve all kinds of problems by making connections no one ever thought of. Are there more useful ones on an individual level? Sure. I think this one would probably help soceity out the most though.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Psyhionic ability to control water. Like Pyro from X-Men but w/ water. Think of the power, both fun and dangerous, that could be. You could shut off the hot water to a shower w/out flushing the toilet. Plus you could make the water in a person's body stop functions.

Of course invisibilty would be cool...cheerleader shower rooms would be fair game!!!

"A sharp knife is nothing without a sharp eye" - Koloth

"Ya can't grill it until ya kill it" - Uncle Ted

"If it ain't Metal...IT'S CRAP!!!" - Dee Snider

I would like the ability to converse with animals. I mean, really know they are thinking and have them understand me. It would help me a lot with my pets and also with the wild animals that I spend a lot of time around - mostly raptors and other birds. Plus I just think it would be really interesting to understand their perspective of the world.

What is this hawk thinking? "I'm hungry!" "I'd like to bite your face off!" "I hate that owl shirt!" Who knows?

medium.jpg

--

Liz

Shameless plug for my online photo gallery

Check out my backyard bird feeders

Intangibility also known as phasing. Love me some Kitty Pryde.

Someone asked about luck powers in the X-Man there is Longshot or kind of like Domino

My hubby always thinks these are the MOST powerful abilities. My question is what if it only changes your own luck..... so like your supposed to get shot but instead your best friend standing next to you does?

I also read a book called Ringworld with a secret breeding program to make an incredibly lucky person but her luck tended to have detrimental consequences to those around her and honestly she did not seem all that lucky to me. In the end I believe her luck was taking a "larger picture" view of her well being. So the real question is what happens when your "luck" super power apparently becomes sentient?

[TABLE=width: 500]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DragonBorne Adventurer

STR 4.5 DEX 4 STA 4.5 CON 5.25 WIS 8 CHA 3

"Time for some thrilling heroics." Jayne Cobb

Current Challenge My Fitness Pal

[/TABLE]

Psyhionic ability to control water. Like Pyro from X-Men but w/ water. Think of the power, both fun and dangerous, that could be. You could shut off the hot water to a shower w/out flushing the toilet. Plus you could make the water in a person's body stop functions.

With water control, you could technically control fire. You could put water under so much pressure that it heats up past the combustion points of hydrogen and oxygen, but remaining under pressure it stays a liquid. Once you release the pressure, it would instantly separate into hydrogen and oxygen and combust. You could turn almost anything into a bomb.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

Of course invisibilty would be cool...cheerleader shower rooms would be fair game!!!

i was thinking x-ray vision... but it would have to be selective... definitely some stuff out there i don't want to see...

also was thinking about a superhero in distant memory... i think the name was Charisma... making the masses fall in love with you... but in a good way... not in a psychotic needy girl who never blinks her eyes way... hahaha... :)

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance

So the real question is what happens when your "luck" super power apparently becomes sentient?

have you ever read the wheel of time series by robert jordan? the main characters kind of have this. they're heroes of destiny or whatever so the universe works to bring things out in their favour. so their "luck" often sweeps up the people nearby, or the people who are important to a situation. pulls them into the path of destiny, so to speak :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AZSF - lvl 4 assassin

STR - 9 | DEX - 12 | STA - 10.5 | CON - 7 | WIS - 8.5 | CHA - 1

have you ever read the wheel of time series by robert jordan? the main characters kind of have this. they're heroes of destiny or whatever so the universe works to bring things out in their favour. so their "luck" often sweeps up the people nearby, or the people who are important to a situation. pulls them into the path of destiny, so to speak :P

Love that series! Can't wait for the final book to come out this November!

As for my super ability, I'd love to be able to manipulate light. Imagine! Bending light to create invisibility or blindness, focus it to create a laser beam, start fires, flash grenades upon command (I suppose without the "bang", though). And I'm sure there are other things that you could do that I haven't even thought of yet!

Piccolojones, a level Half-Elven Warrior 

STR- 5.25 | DEX- 2 | STA- 1 | CON- 2.75 | WIS- 4.75 | CHA 7

Join the HEROES vs. Villains PVP!! FOR NARNIA AND FOR ASLAN!

Current Challenge

Past Challenges: The Return

Benching Bodyweight for 5 Reps: 

Aug 8: 110/143 lbs | Aug 13: 115/140 | Aug 20: 120/142 | Sep 8: 135/144 | Oct 14: 140/143 | Oct 23: 145/143!!!

101.3%
101.3%

I used to always say flight or super speed, which I guess I would pick still, if not for me wanting the ability to control people's emotions. Think about it, NOTHING could stand in your way if you could do that. Of course I'd use it for good. Most of the time...

be able to manipulate light. Imagine! Bending light to create invisibility or blindness, focus it to create a laser beam, start fires, flash grenades upon command (I suppose without the "bang", though). And I'm sure there are other things that you could do that I haven't even thought of yet!

Invent FTL travel. (Hey, if you can manipulate light, wouldn't that involve the capability of altering its speed?)

Super Savagery
What's that?

1) Time manipulation: I could take like 20000000000 years from a rock (like it never needs it back) and use it to become all of the things I ever wanted. Of course Slow-mo, having as much time as you want to think up an answer in a conversation, time travel, nigh-unkillable (only sniper from behind or similar instantly lethal what you don't see).

Time travel would be a literal reset life-button!

And Time Paradoxes would be really scary, or just pure awesome, can't decide.

Time Paradox= If I go back and kill my grandfather, how could I have started the journey?

UNIVERSE: BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH! Hahaha!

2) Never immortality! To see all your friends die one by one... And life is precious because it ends someday. And then when it would not...

Well, unlimited life as a concept is intriquing...

And what if you get a permanent and painful injury for the next 100000000000 years!

Immortality with the option of being mortal when I become sick of it.
Oh, there's already a solution! Beautiful!

3) Maybe

Unlimited amount of fairy magic (as in Artemis Fowl) Included eg. Auto-healing, mesmer (powerful hypnosis),

shielding (invisible to naked eye by making your heart beat so fast you vibrate faster than the eye can follow you)...

If no bunches are allowed, just one, I would pick Time Manipulation.

PS. I hope I wasn't a party-pooper? EDIT: Meant I brought up many negative side effects which may down some

initially cool stuff...

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

The ability to delete songs/song lyrics from my brain.

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one.†-Mark Twain

Emma, Level 2 RangerSTR 7|DEX 2|STA 4|CON 5|WIS 7|CHA 3

PRs:| Dead Lift: 220# | Squat: 205# | Bench Press: 90# | Power Clean: 67#

Battle Log | Challenge Thread

I Haz a Fitness Blog

Regular Super Power: Mind Control

I'll also choose mind-control. With this you can virtually have all other super powers :)). And who doesn't want to play SIMS >:)

"If what you did yesterday was your best, you haven't done anything today""

Body Weight: 190 lbs
Height: 5'8

Lifting Stats as of Aug 14, 2013
Bench Press: 240 lbs 5RM
Squat: 325 lbs 5RM
Overhead Press: 140lbs 4RM
Deadlift: 345lbs 5RM

Molecular manipulation. This would result in either being able to alter my molecular density and be massive and hard as a rock or fluid and able to pass through objects. Also, with the proper ingredients, I could manipulate molecules to becomes virtually anything (think Full Metal Alchemist), even periodically manipulating the molecular processes in my own body to create new molecules slowly, achieving immortality.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Rubducky [Current Challenge]

Level 1 Human Warrior

"In times of great challenge, faith in deliverance proves a more stalwart companion than a warrior's will."

STR: 4 ~ DEX: 1 ~ STA: 2 ~ CON: 3 ~ WIS: 3 ~ CHA: 2

Feral abilities like Wolvie, Sabertooth, and Wild Child.

OR

Turn potential energy into kinetic energy (yeah, talking 'bout Gambit)

"A sharp knife is nothing without a sharp eye" - Koloth

"Ya can't grill it until ya kill it" - Uncle Ted

"If it ain't Metal...IT'S CRAP!!!" - Dee Snider

Archived