Forums are back in action! ×

A Random Wanderer enters the room..

Evening brothers and sisters,

I'm a 34 year old who is a year and a half out of gastric sleeve weight loss surgery. My life weight and food wise has been a series of wavy ups and downs, plenty of emotional eating, and a gradual incline of weight gain(my max weight was 373, I did a 6 month weight loss program and lost 40lbs before the surgery and 117 since, so I'm down to around 218ish). I'm enjoying my new lease on life while also realizing that I can easily return to my old ways and gain my weight back if I do not deal with the mental issues as well as the physical. This is why I use psychotherapy and I am actively attempting to change the bad habits I created through 34 years of eating like every other fat goomba Italian on the east coast lol.

Anyways I was never a gym person, hate em.. although I thank the gym for my trainer Karen, who introduced me to everything BUT the weight machines, this has changed the way I view exercise and shown me that exercising can be fun and NOT the same old boring sit around and do reps at a machine. I have done all sorts of crazy exercises and I am getting into Parkour as well as trying to find other activities that I like that will keep me active.

I look forward to fighting the good fight with you all!

RW

Before [ATTACH=CONFIG]4293[/ATTACH]

After [ATTACH=CONFIG]4294[/ATTACH]

post-7922-13567244294395_thumb.jpg

post-7922-13567244294562_thumb.jpg

Assassin: Rank: 6 (Disciple) STR: 10 DEX: 20 STA: 7 CON: 6 WIS: 6 CHA: 5
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
"Though one may conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle, yet he indeed is the noblest victor who conquers himself." - Buddha
Height: 5'9" Weight: 215lbs Age: 34
|RW's Chronicle(log)| RW's Introduction|Fitocracy|Challenge|

Welcome and good luck with your goals!! :)

I'm not much of a fan of weight machines either, but I do enjoy just simple body weight exercises!

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

Archived