Forums are back in action! ×

Off Day Stretches?

Ghost

I've got nothing to do on my off days and I figured the best thing to do would be to stretch.

Unfortunately I don't know a whole lot of stretches. Especially when it comes to upper body stretches.

So can someone give me something good to do, preferably full body.

Also looking for some mobility work for ankles and wrists.

Thanks for the help.

Here's a nerd fitness article about stretching: http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/01/16/how-to-stretch/

helped me, I didn't really have good stretching ideas either...

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

1) consider a yoga class or DVD. If you're trying to do it cheap, there's free yoga classes online, or if you're down with online piracy there are yoga DVDs floating around out there for the taking (I neither confirm nor deny nor condone nor condemn online piracy, just in case anyone that likes to sue is reading this....just stating facts). I swear it seems like everyone knows at least one person that has the P90X dvds, so if you can get your hands on them, there's a yoga routine (but it's REALLY challenging and it'll take you at least a week or two depending on your current strength and flexibility to be able to complete the whole workout) and there's also a stretching DVD. They're ok if you need something in a pinch.

2) Foam rolling. I love this stuff and think everyone should do it.

Gardens are not made by singing 'Oh, how beautiful,' and sitting in the shade.

Rudyard Kipling

Yeh, I second some yoga! I love me a few sun salutations - works a bit of everything, and there are always ways to take it further and push yourself.

the power of [geekhood] compels me:

"Oh, I'm gonna hit you so hard, your children will be born bruised!" -- Tank Girl

"Do you know what the definition of a hero is? Someone who gets other people killed. You can look it up later." -- Zoe Washburn

"No, people are particularly stupid today. I can't talk to anymore of them." -- Michel Gerard

"A vague disclaimer is nobody's friend. Have fun!" -- Willow Rosenberg

Archived