Forums are back in action! ×

Walking to Mordor with the Group

Oogiem

Maybe we can do it again but get split up into random groups of X many folks and see which team gets there & back again first?

That would be a great idea

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog

Maybe for the six week challenge smaller groups can try to make it.

Hmm, maybe we could do something like a PvP only GvG(group versus group) Do you think we could get enough people to sign on?

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Sounds like a great idea! It would totally motivate me to walk more!

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

Scouts and Adventurers would probably smoke the rest of the NFers, because they do more distance. But it sounds like fun.

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Scouts and Adventurers would probably smoke the rest of the NFers, because they do more distance. But it sounds like fun.

Maybe we should do a Scouts vs Adventurers

A part of me wants to ask, so where are we walking next? Just saying

I haven't been logging miles or anything with you guys, but I'm trying to figure out ways to map out miles for a Pokemon themed walk. Definitely won't be as long as the walk to Mordor, but if I get something that works, maybe I'll post it on the threads for more nerd access :)

Background is I'm trying to get my little bro more active, but he's not a fan of Lord of the Rings (I'm working on it). Though he loves Pokemon so I figured I could make one we could do together through google docs while I'm at school. Walk through Kanto and trace the path done in the games or whatever, still working through the details.

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

"I Find That Answer Vague And Unconvincing." - K-2SO, Rogue One

”Persistence without insight will lead to the same outcome.” [spoilers], The Book of Boba Fett

That would be so cool! I love pokemon, I don't hate Lord of the Rings, I just have never been into it, although I want to be - started reading the hobbit, and want to read/watch the Lord of the Rings.

Edit: if only we knew how the Lord of the Rings miles were worked out

That would be so cool! I love pokemon, I don't hate Lord of the Rings, I just have never been into it, although I want to be - started reading the hobbit, and want to read/watch the Lord of the Rings.

Edit: if only we knew how the Lord of the Rings miles were worked out

I think most of the main regions (like Kanto from Red/Blue and Johto from Gold/Silver, etc) are based off places in Japan. Bulbapedia has speculation on the actual towns, so I was thinking of just google mapping distances between the speculative towns and seeing if that worked...

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

"I Find That Answer Vague And Unconvincing." - K-2SO, Rogue One

”Persistence without insight will lead to the same outcome.” [spoilers], The Book of Boba Fett

The distances in the spreadsheet are probably from the "Walking to Rivendell" website, here. That site in turn is based on the "Atlas of Middle Earth" which is a book somebody put together based on the maps, notes, etc. from the "Lord of the Rings" books.

Personally, I think the "Atlas" conclusions -- that hobbits 3 feet tall and unused to travel are marching 25 miles a day in rough terrain -- stretches credibility a bit. But what the heck, it's fantasy. Hobbits are said to be tougher than humans and they're better at traveling in natural environments, so why not.

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

If hobbits can walk that far after a lifetime of inactivity and second breakfasts and elevenses, imagine what they could do (and look like) if they worked out. :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5222[/ATTACH]

Forget doing the Whole30, I'm doing the Lembas Diet plan.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Archived