Forums are back in action! ×

Next Challenge

tonic

Hello

I’m new to Nerd Fitness and this will be my first challenge. I was wondering if someone could give me some advice regarding a realistic body fat goal: at the moment, my body fat is pretty high (31%) – in an ideal world I’d like to be around the 20-22% range. Obviously, that is a very long term goal – my question is, what would be a realistic six-week goal, assuming I work out 5-6 days a week and eat sensibly? Is aiming for a 2% reduction realistic? Is that not ambitious enough? I’d usually gauge this kind of thing in terms of weight loss (eg aim for 2lbs a week), but I don’t really want to do a weight loss goal as I’d like to stay off the scales for the time being.

thanks

Barefoot runs are awesome, I've had my vibrams for a few months now and love them, though it took a long time to break my legs in. I haven't done real barefoot yet and will probably hold off for a while on that for a while since I live in the big city and there's no nice ground to run on.

Sambie - Not yet, but I definitely have some ideas on where I want to go.

heh, I don't live in the big city, but that doesn't mean there aren't all kinds of obstacles on the road and sidewalk, the most minor being little pebbles. One of the post important skills in running barefoot( and in life in general) is situational awareness.. knowing what is going on around you at all times, while you keep your head up and straight during the run for good posture, my eyes always know what is coming up ahead of me.. like glass, or large rocks, or roadkill LOL.

as you learn the right way to run, and do it barefoot more and more, your feet get tougher, you run lighter, and your lower body bounces like a spring.

Assassin: Rank: 6 (Disciple) STR: 10 DEX: 20 STA: 7 CON: 6 WIS: 6 CHA: 5
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
"Though one may conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle, yet he indeed is the noblest victor who conquers himself." - Buddha
Height: 5'9" Weight: 215lbs Age: 34
|RW's Chronicle(log)| RW's Introduction|Fitocracy|Challenge|

It will be my second challenge. I have to admit that I have no real ideas yet. Maybe something about violin training. I am definitely not working that enough. Maybe a life goal about reducing waste too. I'm already trying not to accept plastic bags in store any more, it could be a good challenge to refuse any plastic waste. Bio waste will be tricky, I can't recycle it where I live.

No fitness goal in mind yet, I really have to think about it more.

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

It will be my second challenge. I have to admit that I have no real ideas yet. Maybe something about violin training. I am definitely not working that enough. Maybe a life goal about reducing waste too. I'm already trying not to accept plastic bags in store any more, it could be a good challenge to refuse any plastic waste. Bio waste will be tricky, I can't recycle it where I live.

No fitness goal in mind yet, I really have to think about it more.

That's a pretty neat goal. I really like reusable shopping bags, especially if they fit more groceries haha. Do you have a Best Buy or Target near you? I know that in my area they both accept plastic bags for recycling.

Level 3 Time Lord AdventurerChallenge Thread

| | Cosplay Blog | |

This will be my first challenge and I'm a little clueless going into it. Is there any kind of specific goal-tracking system we use (and wow that sounded lame)? I'll repost later with my goals, but I love the idea of a site-wide challenge and think this will be awesome.

I'll also be starting my first one. Haven't even thought about goals yet; guess it's time to start! I've been reading a lot of the challenge threads over the last couple weeks, though, so I think I have a decent idea of what I'm getting into.

Eth - Level 8 Breton Warrior

STR 24.5 | DEX 9 | STA 20.5 | CON 13 | WIS 10.5 | CHA 8.5

Current Challenge: The Warrior Within | Fitocracy

Main quest progress:

44%
44%
This will be my first challenge and I'm a little clueless going into it. Is there any kind of specific goal-tracking system we use (and wow that sounded lame)? I'll repost later with my goals, but I love the idea of a site-wide challenge and think this will be awesome.

Read all of these, tons of information!

I'll also be starting my first one. Haven't even thought about goals yet; guess it's time to start! I've been reading a lot of the challenge threads over the last couple weeks, though, so I think I have a decent idea of what I'm getting into.

I'm having the same problem... Tons of goals but can't pick a few XD

Level 3 Time Lord AdventurerChallenge Thread

| | Cosplay Blog | |

So many new faces!

Welcome to all of you!!!

I am pondering my goals and will check back in later!

Yes... The newbies are here to invade.. And of course " all your base r belong to us!"

Assassin: Rank: 6 (Disciple) STR: 10 DEX: 20 STA: 7 CON: 6 WIS: 6 CHA: 5
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
"Though one may conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle, yet he indeed is the noblest victor who conquers himself." - Buddha
Height: 5'9" Weight: 215lbs Age: 34
|RW's Chronicle(log)| RW's Introduction|Fitocracy|Challenge|

Hello all! I too will be doing my first challenge. So far the goals are:

FITNESS

-Deadlift a total of 20k pounds

- Quit smoking

- complete the three peak challenge in 24hrs

- complete 200 pullups weekly outside my normal workout.

LIFE

Spend 30 minutes a day in meaningful conversation with my wife. (Barring days I'm out of town)

Good luck to all the newbs. And I look forward to questing with you guys!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LVL 2 MartianWarrior

STR 9/DEX 2/ STAM 3.75/ CON 3/ WIS 6/ CHA 3

"Fads come and go, but the barbell remains the same. Respect it accordingly." - Jim Wendler

"When I want to be a super hero, I just wake up" - Childish Gambino

That's a pretty neat goal. I really like reusable shopping bags, especially if they fit more groceries haha. Do you have a Best Buy or Target near you? I know that in my area they both accept plastic bags for recycling.

I visit Best Buy and Target quite often, and I never knew that. You learn something new every day.

[TABLE=width: 315]

[TABLE=width: 2]

STR:5

STA:7

AGI:6

[/TABLE]

FORTUNE

[TD=align: center]LEVEL II

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

FAVORS

[/TD]

[TABLE=width: 2]

WIS:4

CON:5

CHA:3

[/TABLE]

THE BRAVE

[/TABLE]

I can't wait until the next challenge, as it will be my first as well. I love looking through everyone's successes in all the mini-challenges!

I already have a goal to run 2 miles in 18 minutes. (Currently at 22+ minutes.) And another to do at least one pull-up. (I can pull myself up about an 1/8th of an inch...may be a far fetched goal!)

I'll have to think about a third fitness goal and life goal. I imagine the life goal is going to have to do with work. (Meh!)

ill probably run something similar to my last goals (minus the videos): one parkour related, one capoeira related, and a handful of strength and agility based moves.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AZSF - lvl 4 assassin

STR - 9 | DEX - 12 | STA - 10.5 | CON - 7 | WIS - 8.5 | CHA - 1

I've been really thinking hard about this, but like several people have said I've now thought of lots I need/want to do xD Think I've narrowed it down now:

Fitness

Perform 10 full, proper push ups

Use the bar/dumbbells 3x a week

Fit into some of my old clothes (aka lose inches from hips/thighs)

Life

Research and decide on an idea for my dissertation/final year project (want it to be in the area of cryptography in security/forensic applications). Perfect for this challenge as at the end of this challenge I move back down to Uni!

Human Ranger

2.5 STR | 2 DEX | 1.5 STA | 1.5 CON | 4 WIS | 3.5 CHA

No Best buy nor Target, I don't live in the USA. :) And I'm not sure, I feel like recycling should be the last option. I also want to reduce paper waste so this challenge will be really experimental ^^

If only I had an idea of what to do with my bio waste...

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

Welcome to all the new people, challenges are great!

I really enjoyed my last running challenge (to complete C25k) and am trying to work out a new running target that's tough-but-achievable in six weeks. Something more than "keep going", although that's really the main thing!

"she interpreted falling down not merely as a means of improving, but as evidence that she was improving." - Matthew Syed on Shizuka Arakawa.Frost elf assassin after 4 challenges: STR: 11 | DEX: 12 | STA: 7.5 | CON 5 | WIS 7.5 | CHA: 5.5My Fitocracy profile"

Okay, for my first full Challenge, Let's See.

Fitness 1: Weight loss.

Get my trending weight average below 400.

Fitness 2: Lifting Goals

Squat / Deadlift 120 Lbs.

Press / Bench 80 Lbs.

Not sure if I have a third fitness Goal.

(got it)

Fitness 3: Alternate Workout

Decide between a kettlebell circuit or sledgehammer workout. Do so without using the ridiculous phrase, "shovelglove".

Life Goal:

Get my wife's school situation cleared up.

GrimmThing - Warrior

Maybe I'm just too dumb to collapse - - too ugly to die !! I'll let you figure out the reasons...

Current ChallengeNF Workout Log

I'm not really worried about the RPG part of the challenge, so stating that up front. I also FINALLY figured out some reasonable long term goals, there's an iron component (by far the easiest of my goals), a bodyweight workout component, and a diet component. I'm just going to make those my goals, and grade myself based on how much progress I make towards them. Since some of my goals are very long term, my grades will be low, but I think it'll be good to keep working towards the same thing.

IDDQD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Current Challenge

Race: MALIETOA

Class: WARRIOR

STR: 4 | DEX: 1 | STA: 1 | CON: 3 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 4

I think I have my goals.

1. be able to run 8 kms (5 miles) more than once. I was SO CLOSE to getting to before I got hurt. I'm back to about 5 kms on a good day, 3.5 on a bad day.

2. Be able to bench press 100 lbs 3x7. I can do 70 lbs 3x7.

3. be able to do 15 real pushups in a row. I have been half-assing my pushups lately, and not going all the way down, so I'm trying to retrain myself to be able to do the full thing.

Life goal:

be tidier, and get in the habit of putting stuff away when I take it out. Living alone is awesome, except that it has made me super complacent about keeping my place clean.

Target recycles almost everything! Ours takes cell phones, ink cartridges, batteries, etc... Plus cans, paper, plastic, glass, and grocery bags! Before our city took glass I used to take mine to target. Our city takes all plastics, so that's not a big deal. But I think target takes milk cartons... I need to investigate that further!

I'm not sure what all of my goals will be, but one will definitely involve stairs. I've gotten way lazy with taking the elevator, and it has to stop! Another will involve getting big girl plates onto the bar when I squat. It will happen. Oh yes.

Selkie Warrior
Level 2, STR: 6.5 | DEX: 4.5 | STA: 2.8 | CON: 4 | WIS: 7 | CHA: 2.5

Shoshie's "Getting Awesome" Challenge 
Shoshie's "Just Hanging Around" Challenge

Okay, for my first full Challenge, Let's See.

Decide between a kettlebell circuit or sledgehammer workout. Do so without using the ridiculous phrase, "shovelglove".

Life Goal:

Iprefer calling it "The Sledgehammer of Doom Workout' but any name you go with has to be an improvement over Shovelglove.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Archived