Forums are back in action! ×

Heroes Rising!

Personally, I'm just a-flutter about Rising Heroes. I'm holding back on donating until I see a little more development, but I'm really excited to see what comes out. As much as we compare our fitness to RPGs, I was wondering (okay, hoping) that a real, live NF-flavored RPG would come around. (I wasn't here for OMFG.)

The subscription thing doesn't bother me, because (1) it's not unreasonable, compared to most MMO's, and (2) the guys working on it have to get paid somehow! Heck, if I had any RoR experience, you'd better believe I'd be chipping in.

I'm just very excited for this!!! What got my motivation up for health/fitness was Steve making it all a game. Really Nerd Fitness got me back on track and I have confidence Rising Heroes is going to help my motivation even more!

If I have to do something in real life to get a game to move forward?! I mean that would be so much reason to go kick butt in real life!

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

I'm so excited for this!

I don't donate to anything, ever. Not even orphaned puppies. But, I'm so keen to see this become a reality!

So. I actually donated. Real money and everything.

I too, was a bit worried about the sort of vagueness of the concept and timeline, but then I thought "I've been with NF for a good few months now, using the site, the six week challenges, and community for free. How much would I have achieved without it?". The answer: next to nothing, probably. So, I felt like my donation was either going to go towards something awesomely epic that I'll love, or was just supporting Steve for the help he's already given.

I'm looking forward to this even more than Creatures 4, and that's saying something :D

Warrior Princess
Eating Psychology Coach

Adventure's Guild Challenge winner: Challenge #24

â•‘ Live the Whole  â•‘ Bucket List â•‘Level up my Lifeâ•‘ 

"Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Every day you're alive is a special occasion."

While I fully expect "Heroes Rising" to become an awesome product, my donation was made in the spirit of giving back to a community that has, in a very short time, changed my life. I understand the hesitance to support something intangible, but I also think that this is the perfect opportunity to say "Thank You" to Steve and the NerdFitness team by helping them get an epic dream off the ground.

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

While I fully expect "Heroes Rising" to become an awesome product, my donation was made in the spirit of giving back to a community that has, in a very short time, changed my life. I understand the hesitance to support something intangible, but I also think that this is the perfect opportunity to say "Thank You" to Steve and the NerdFitness team by helping them get an epic dream off the ground.

Ditt0. That is all.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

That's exactly what I was trying to say, Dillpedo - only you said it better :D

Warrior Princess
Eating Psychology Coach

Adventure's Guild Challenge winner: Challenge #24

â•‘ Live the Whole  â•‘ Bucket List â•‘Level up my Lifeâ•‘ 

"Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Every day you're alive is a special occasion."

Awesome. Glad to hear some more news about this project. I have years of full-time experience with CakePHP and Grails, but not so much with Rails (though they're all quite similar). I'm currently in the process of releasing the beta for a new version of a fitness application, so I know how much work it can be.

Looking forward to seeing how it turns out. I'd love to see more about the game, i.e. details and mockups.

Archived