Forums are back in action! ×

LGBTQA and Ally Safe Space

The ancient art of orientation-obfuscation, as passed down thru the gay-ninjas.

Aroo? 

ColoQ  ||   Level: 0
Techno Troll  ||  Assassin   
=========================
Current Challenge: 0 - V.2
Previous Challenges: ,
--------------------------------------------------
STR 0     ||   DEX 0    ||  STA 0
CON 0     ||    WIS 0    ||  CHA 0
--------------------------------------------------

Aroo?

I believe hitlion has decided that coming out can't be a casual event ever, or it means that someone is dodging the topic. Next time I will bake a cake and hire a clown. ;)

Seriously, though, sexuality in my house is no big deal. (As I would like to think that it will eventually be for everyone.) In fact, her girlfriend then moved in with us for a year. Really no impact other than my water bill going up. The reality is, her algebra grade was far more important at the time, and that's just life around here. We don't care who you are sleeping with, we do care that you meet your obligations, which includes making grades that justify us paying your tuition.

If it is a huge deal in someone else's house, they can feel free to make it a big shebang. To each their own, right? Isn't that kind of the point?

• Like 1

Battle Log    Challenges:  1, 2

I wish my house was like that. My parents already setting up their expectations to be quit disappointed. Because you know my feeling of women are a phase.

Part of me wants to come out just to get them to stop assume every guy I talk to, I'm going to hook up with. There should be cake though

• Like 1

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

Vella! Like! Like like like! That is amazing. Had much reaction? Congrats and lots of respect!

VICTORY! That's great to hear. Especially the lack of stress.

Who knows, I might even have the same amount of courage in the next month or two.

What were their reactions btw? If you don't mind me asking.

The reaction was pretty positive, actually!  A third of my entire Friends list liked it, and about half of *them* commented support.

So far, I know of precisely one person who had a negative reaction, which sucks only because it will affect one of my most supportive friends negatively (complicated relationship situation is all I'll say about the topic).  She probably won't confront me about it directly and if it does, I'm somewhat less than bothered about answering her honestly, directly, civilly and probably with some answers that will make her not associate with me anymore...

Hide the candy, keep carrots, capsicum and celery around. You can indulge anxiety and oral fixation while keeping your calories down and micronutrients up.

I have gone through like a kilo of capsicums it's a bit insane.  I'm going out later for more supplies of vegetables ... I should have stocked up a bit earlier, before my walnut supply just up and disappeared...

And thanks to everyone for the congrats and kind words!  I'm glad I finally got it over with, though I'll also be glad when all the fallout dies down and people get back to just being "Oh, that person I know - let's hang out on the weekend!"

• Like 1

Previous challenges:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

I have gone through like a kilo of capsicums it's a bit insane.

P: 9 g, F: 2 g, C: 46 g, 200 kCal

70% retinol, 100% B-6 and 1,340% ascorbic acid RDAs.

Totally legitimate snacking (and you probably experienced stomach distention and stopped eating well before 1 kg)

• Like 1

Level 2 Illithid Assassin, STR: 5 DEX: 2 STA: 1 CON: 1 WIS: 4 CHA: 4

Current challenge: Level 2 - Serving it up!

I believe hitlion has decided that coming out can't be a casual event ever, or it means that someone is dodging the topic.

The latter, jokingly. More or less saying "im gay" to switch the topic off whatever they were in trouble for. Its a bit of a trope.

• Like 1

It's the moose on the inside that counts.

You guys I did it.  I'm fully out to all friends and family.  It's Facebook Official and everything :tongue:

Now to stop stress-eating, that would be really great.

Also lawl at the Pillow Princesses pic.

Way to go Vella! 

SHAEON

Jedi Apprentice

Druid Character Sheet

Daily Battle Log: Shaeon Restores Balance to the Force

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Current Challenge: Shaeon Focuses

"With great boots comes great responsibility."

A bit late, but it is a nice holiday story... So, I was visiting my sister last spring. I have been out with my family for a couple of years already, but they keep using female nouns and pronouns when talking about me. Anyway, that time my nephew (age 5) felt for the first time the beard which was growing on my chin. We had this "long conversation"

He: do you have a beard? like dad?

Me: not yet like dad, but it is growing

He: but girls don't have beard... Are you becoming a boy?

Me: yes

He (after a few seconds of pensive silence): cool!

And then he had to call everybody to tell how his aunt was becoming a boy.

Fast forward to this holiday. I was at my sister's again, playing with my nephew and some friends of his. One of the friend asked me if I was a boy or a girl. And my nephew answered for me: "she was a girl, but now he is becoming a boy". And everybody reacted as my nephew did, with a big  "cool" exclamation

Children are pretty amazing on these things

• Like 17

Tkal, level 8 Dwarf assassin playing with the monks

STR 13.5 | DEX 19.25 | STA 16 | CON 18.75 | WIS 18 | CHA 14.5

My walls (aka: random log) | Intro | Challenge 1 with tracker | Aborted Challenge 2 | "Real" challenge 2 | Challenge 3
Challenge 4 | (never started)Challenge 5 | (super short) Challenge 5 | (third is a charm) Challenge 5 | Challenge 6
Challenge 7 | Challenge 8

"Patience you must learn"

quick heads up to people in australia who may be updating your gender on your passport! while the APO website simply lists:

You must formally register your name change with the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages (RBDM) in the state or territory of your birth or residency and provide an original RBDM certificate as evidence of your new name (or a foreign equivalent certificate if you cannot access an RBDM). You must also provide evidence from your medical practitioner confirming you have had, or are receiving, appropriate clinical treatment for gender transition or that you are intersex.1

as the requirements, be aware that the "evidence" you provide must also include your doctors AHPRA number. I just got notified that my passport application is being help up because of this and am having to do the run-around trying to source new letters, so learn from my mistakes!

1 - https://www.passports.gov.au/Web/Requirements/NameChangeTransitioning.aspx

It's the moose on the inside that counts.

Welcome!

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi