Forums are back in action! ×

Speaking of nerdy goodness

Kirby

Have you guys heard of Lindsey Sterling? Discovered her music over the weekend and am LOVING some of her more nerdy covers :) For example:

and

In her original works, she mixes her violin with techno beats quite well. My favorite original of hers is Crystallize:

I just have to say, violins are sexy.

Yes, several of us have heard of her already, and yes......... Violins are Sexy.

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Her youtube channel has been subscribed for a while. Great mix of artistry and fun characterization.

Current Challenge: (Feb-Mar 21) Step by Step

My Epic Quest Character Sheet  *** Old Challenges and Links hidden below

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)

Have you guys heard of Lindsey Sterling? Discovered her music over the weekend and am LOVING some of her more nerdy covers :) For example:

and

In her original works, she mixes her violin with techno beats quite well. My favorite original of hers is Crystallize:

Daaaaaamn. That was EXTREMELY cool! She can actually play (not just look pretty), AND she does awesome cosplaying!

My wife is a HUGE Daenerys fan, so I just shared the, "Game of Thrones" cover with her. Thanks for making this public!

TheRedWriter

Level 3 Doppelganger Ranger
"Think not that you have to win. Think instead that you do not have to loose."
STR 8|DEX 4.5|STA 11|CON 6|WIS 6.5|CHA 5

and

Daaaaaamn. That was EXTREMELY cool! She can actually play (not just look pretty), AND she does awesome cosplaying!

My wife is a HUGE Daenerys fan, so I just shared the, "Game of Thrones" cover with her. Thanks for making this public!

UPDATE: Just watched the Zelda medley... amazing.

TheRedWriter

Level 3 Doppelganger Ranger
"Think not that you have to win. Think instead that you do not have to loose."
STR 8|DEX 4.5|STA 11|CON 6|WIS 6.5|CHA 5

I love that Skyrim cover, I wish that was the actual theme. If there's one thing about the Elder Scrolls (and Fallout, for that matter) theme music that I think needs improvement, it's that it needs to be longer.

Also, I second (third? fourth? I lost count) that violins=sexy.

Dare mighty things

I found her music a few months ago and I've been hooked ever since... I even dug out my violin from the back room so I could start practicing again. Sadly, one of the string broke and the others aren't much better. I'll have to get the whole set replaced.

Space_Elf, Fallohide Hobbit Level 0. STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

Battle Log | 

Science fiction is an existential metaphor, that allows us to tell stories about the human condition. Isaac Asimov once said: "Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Archived