Forums are back in action! ×

Conventions?

Risky

I went to Philly Comic Con last year.  Was a smaller con but I enjoyed it. The lines on the last day (sun) were so short I could get a signed picture of Bill Shatner for my mom in like 5 minutes.

I also saw Lou Forigno (The original hulk to lazy to look up name) texting at his booth.  It was ridiculous to watch such a huge man text on a flip phone.  My biggest regret is not taking a picture...

But I did get to meet Greg Capullo and talk to him one on one for 20 minutes!  And he gave me a signed print!

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

I totally get the baby and toddler issue. My wife and I have three small kids and it makes con-going difficult. In the past we have gone to Anime Expo, Sakuracon, and Kumoricon. Though my kids do like costumes, so as they get a bit older it might be more feasible. Right now my son (5) wants an Aang from the last airbender costume.

I'm pretty sure the only reason I could consider having children is dressing them up for conventions. :)

Storytelling Rebel
| Blog | Twitter

"“You've seen my descent, now watch my rising." ~ Rumi

I also saw Lou Forigno (The original hulk to lazy to look up name) texting at his booth.  It was ridiculous to watch such a huge man text on a flip phone.  My biggest regret is not taking a picture...

Met him once. He was more interested in the fetish models at the booth across from him to bother with a (now former) fan.

CharlieBoston

My Character Page

Introduction - CharlieBoston and the Wavering Motvation
Fitocracy Profile

Athlinks Profile

"Hope, D'Argo. It's what keeps you going... I have hope or I have nothing."

Cons that I am headed to this year are Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo at the end of this month and then Dragon*Con later in the summer! CCEE is pretty much walking distance from my house but I am excited to fly down into the states and meet up with a lot of my online friends there. Maybe even some of you guys!

Sandree

Level Two Elven Adventurer

STR 4 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 6 | CHA 5

Challenge Thread

I'm heading to the World Science Fiction Convention in San Antonio over Labor day (also helping with the programming there), and probably also ReaderCon in Massachusetts early in July.

Various members of my a-capella group and I will be at Worldcon San Antonio doing our Norse Mythology music. I'll also be doing a book history panel with some other people with some neat old books people can look at.

I'd go to Readercon when I was in the Boston area, but it's a bit of a trek from Texas.

Balticon, always, also MISTI -Con in Connecticut, Intervention in MD and TCEP in Virginia.  Usually 2 or 3 others and my husband (who was also at MAGfest) goes to three times as many.   Oh, and, *blush* Las Pegasus in Vegas in March. 

Oh, I wish I had noticed this thread earlier. Balticon has fallen off my 'always' list since moving to Texas but I was there this year.

I totally get the baby and toddler issue. My wife and I have three small kids and it makes con-going difficult. In the past we have gone to Anime Expo, Sakuracon, and Kumoricon. Though my kids do like costumes, so as they get a bit older it might be more feasible. Right now my son (5) wants an Aang from the last airbender costume.

Lone Wolf and Cub cosplay? :)

I also saw incredibly cute baby Naruto and Sasuke being pushed around in a double stroller by a mom cosplaying as Sakura at Anime Boston one year.

my troupe did shows and ran our oddities museum at ComicPalooza in Houston, TX in 2011 and 2012. We did not get a call this year. Sadness.

i would love to talk with anyone on here that has connections with any other cons because, not only is doing shows there loads of fun, but it is also lucrative!

Hans BraggartSideshow Freak AssassinSTR 8 | DEX 3 | STA 8 | CON 3 | WIS 3.5 | CHA 3You should check out my press kit here - http://goo.gl/1PA5W

This will be my first year at DragonCon. I'm super stoked! I just hope I don't make any n00b mistakes and miss out on anything super neat-o.

You're going to have a great time! My biggest advice it to be flexible, get to registration as early as possible, wear comfy shoes and drink lots of water.

Bubbette Brings it On! challenge #1

Bubbette Brings it On Again! challenge #2

Level 2 Elf in an Ogre Suit Adventurer.

STR: 3.5 DEX: 2.5 STA: 3.5 CON: 3 WIS: 4.5 CHA: 3

I'm really hoping to attend Dragon*Con. My husband and I have gone with friends for the last 7 years. It is GREAT fun. I think of it as entering an alternate reality where everyone is a geek and cosplay/costuming is the norm for 4 whole days. We already have our memberships (we buy them at the con the previous year because they are the cheapest then) but right now we don't have the budget for it.

Level 3 Adventurer

Ogre disguised high elf

STR 1, DEX 0, STA 0, CON 3, WIS 4, CHA 1

1st Challenge   2nd Challenge    3rd Challenge   Current Challenge

and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength. Mark 12:30

Archived