Forums are back in action! ×

Trashed

minderly

Well, sometimes it's "nice" comments (Oh, look, you look nice. Actually wearing makeup today?)...sometimes weird comments (Don't let anyone tell you that you don't have an ass)...sometimes mean comments (Wow, those pants are getting really tight).

But saying anything would be the end of my job. Office politics. Eh

So usually, I just mush chocolate into my face...comfort foood is how I survive. Which is also why I've gained 20lbs in the past 3 months.

Well, sometimes it's "nice" comments (Oh, look, you look nice. Actually wearing makeup today?)...sometimes weird comments (Don't let anyone tell you that you don't have an ass)...sometimes mean comments (Wow, those pants are getting really tight).

But saying anything would be the end of my job. Office politics. Eh

So usually, I just mush chocolate into my face...comfort foood is how I survive. Which is also why I've gained 20lbs in the past 3 months.

Well, F your boss, but good on you for turning it into something positive.

Milythael Assassin

Current Activity: Milythael Acts Like an Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

Challenges: Intro, 123, 4567, 891011 12
PVPs: Demon Slaying, HOoRAY, Meditation,
 Poses, Juggling 30/30 Squat

Congrats on getting rid of the goodies. Now what you need to do is every time he makes a comment, you do a little exercise to release that stress.

“The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?† 
 -Billy Connoly , The Boondock saints
Level 2 Warrior

Uh, call HR :)  

Anyone in management is required to take harassment training.  She should know better.  It's not a 'social etiquette' thing, it's a 'management' thing.  Outside of management those comments are inappropriate, within management they're just illegal.  It won't be the end of your job.  It will just tell the organization that they need to put some effort into training their managers properly.  

Anywho... awesome job on all of your progress, i'm loving all of your posts on the woot board! 

Naw, it's not that bad. She is one of those "rag to riches" stories...so she wasn't really brought up with social etiquette

I wasn't brought up with social etiquette and even I know not to say shit like that!

BUT - gratz on throwing away the junk! I hate throwing stuff away...so I would have just eaten it instead (bad Mir!!). :)

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Well done on that win!

But yes, chiming in on that's not a lack of etiquette, that's a lack of any sense of good managerial skills with regard to dealing with people. I don't mince words with people, but when I have my professional hat on? Whole different story and a manager should know this is 100% inappropriate. Does it happen to other people?

Khajiit Level 4 Adventurer

Strength: 10 Dexterity: 4.7 Stamina: 5.8

Constitution: 9.9 Wisdom: 18.4 Charisma: 8.9

June 3rd - July 14th -  4th 6 Week Challenge

keep a log- keep it in excel or a daily diary- 

remember back as far as you can dates and specific comments.

That's totally unacceptable behavior.   document it till you're blue in the face and get a lawyer and HR.

Great expression I heard the other day- you're mood shouldn't determine your manners- being civil is very important no matter what.

Jokes are one thing- but its a fine line with a boss and an employee. 

congrats on the trashing the stash- I'd do push ups instead- I find it helps me out quiet a bit!!!

Archived