Forums are back in action! ×

Wow!  Finally figured out how to post something...lol.  When I say Newbie all around, I really mean it.  I've never joined a group on line, let alone one that you needed to be involved in.  When I stumbled onto this site while researching the Paleo diet, I was blown away!  Someone finally understood that there are so many of us out here that don't know the first thing about becoming healthier and making it a lifestyle, not just a three week stint.  Thank you so much!   Today was my first day doing the Angry Birds workout.  It was invigorating.  I can't wait to hit it again and log my progress.  But what I really want to do is follow in the footsteps of Staci.  Granted she is a bit younger than me, but I feel motivated enough to get this done.  I just turned 41 and quit smoking 4 months ago.  I tried to watch what I ate, but gained 15 pounds anyway.  Let me just say that it is not a pleasure looking in the mirror, yet.  But I plan on changing that in a big way.  My goal is to wear a bikini without a cover up, to finally wear shorts in the summer and to look like I'm 10 years younger than I am.  I also want to eliminate all the "bad" foods from my diet.  I have already started t eliminate gluten and am working on the sugary stuff. I've done a fairly good job of getting rid of processed foods.  I do have to concede on some things or my 15 year old son will rebel.  But I am slowly getting him onboard this healthier lifestyle.  Well, I'm heading out to walk the dog and plan dinner tonight.   

“Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death!† Mame Dennis, Auntie Mame 1958

Level 1 Lycan Adventurer

STR: 2  DEX: 1  STA: 2  CON: 2  WIS: 6  CHA: 4

Possessions:  Fire Flower Power Up

Welcome to the rebellion!!! Gotta love the Angry Birds!

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

I can relate to the Newbie status. I have been receiving emails from Nerd Fitness for quite some time now. I have always jumped into diets and improvement programs quickly...all gun-ho...ready to change the world and myself overnight...I have finally realized that approach doesn't do it for me. I found Nerd Fitness, as you did, while researching the Paleo Diet. I was immediatly impressed with what I read and then was immediatly terrified that this would be another flash-in-the-pan deal for me...one more failure to add to the list. When I read the email I received this morning, I was particularly struck by several things that Robin had to say in sharing her quest for health. I cam back to the sight and began reading and re-reading things again. It has been several months...I am still impressed...this is not a flash-in-the-pan...and I am ready to truly join the rebellion.

The other thing that was keeping me from total commitment from the beginning was my age...I say was...and I don't use the past tense because I am so much younger than I was when I first found Nerd Fitness...I now say was because after my months of hanging out here in the shadows I know that my age doesn't matter. If I have the will to improve my health and the tools here at Nerd Fitness seem to fit my style, it doesn't matter if I am 16 or 66...and btw, I am neither...let's go with 56... :) So I am ready...I need help...and am willing to help where I can. Let's do this thing!  ~Peace~ Hippie_Chick5674

~PEACE~

Archived