Forums are back in action! ×

So about me, well spose i was always the slim tall guy worked in construction and didnt eat alot really no breakfast, unhealthy lunch and maybe a pizza in the evening but was always active at work i seemed to not get fat as such just abit of a belly (skinny fat)

I was 6' 4" and about 190lbs

Well i quit construction to run my own business which means im now behind a desk indoors alot, over 2 years of sitting in my pants loving working from home i shot up to around 220lbs even though i thought i was one them people who could not put weight on

So about 6 months ago i changed my diet as working from home convenience food was crazy, i cant open a pack of biscuits without smashing my way through the whole packet, crisps where the same easily eat 3-4 bags in a row

Now for past 6 months my diet been pretty healthy mostly brown breads, tuna, potatoes, veg, etc.... then i started reading about these lowcarb diets, and articles and when i checked how many carbs a day i was eating i was shocked, one my favorite quick snacks weetabix worked out around 78 carbs if i remember correctly and here where people sticking to around 50g carbs a day

So the whole kitchen went in the bin last week

Started lifting weights about a month ago, and cycling around 7-10 miles on stationary bike 3-5 times a week not alot but just getting my breathing back to normal found myself getting out breath just walking to shops before

Anyway i took some before shots 3 weeks ago saving them to compare to new shots in 3 months, thought i was not in bad shape but the photos seemed to tell another story just look bloated and seem to store alot fat in lower back

But thats me, i'll post some questions in other parts of the forum about my diet and look forward to chatting to you all

Welcome to Nerd Fitness!

Before and after photos have a way with telling us were not done yet. I thought I was doing good to until I took my picture...I wasn't pleased.

Congratulations on your journey to becoming a Badass! It's not easy (or in some cases cheap) changing a diet, but the results are worth it. Are you doing a challenge? What do you think of weight lifting so far?

Look forward to reading about your goals and results!

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Archived