Forums are back in action! ×

Newbie at its finest! :)

Well hello hello Nerds!

Im not one to really chat much about myself. Pretty much Im a mom of two who was use to having the body that did everything on its own!! I never had to work to get the body I wanted! It was pretty epic! :) That lasted until I started school, that is where I got the belly pudge and big butt by drinking way to much coke and sitting on my ass a whole heck of a lot. .....

Then it got worse, I had baby number two and GOT huge during pregnancy . ...unlike my first , it didnt just melt off, it stuck around. Doesnt help that now with two kids I seriously have no energy to want to do anything to physical besides my daily needed shit....( ie , cleaning , chasing my little one around)

ANYWAYS , enough gabbing about that..... I want to get fit, I want to get healthy. I have put myself in a whole hell of a lot of bad habits, and they need to STOP.  ( over eating, eating for the sake of eating, not excercising ( AT ALL ) ....and eating all kinds of crap !!!

I get depressed when i see my old self, and I want it back . i want my confidence back , I want all of it back!!!

I just have no effing idea where to start, how , when , any of it......serious newb in the world of being fit and healthy!

I would love some pointers on what to start excercise program wise, diet ,etc. Im currently trying to talk my fiance into letting me purchase the fitness guide from here, but until he can see im serious and making progress,....its a no go!!! ( ive had a lot of false starts!! )

Thanks in advance!!!

Welcome to NerdFitness!

First of all, don't get depressed it just makes you do nothing.

And second, what are your real goals? Just getting the body you used to have or becoming a Badass Super Mom with a body that goes WAPOW!? Do you have any workout equipment? It's cool if you don't NF has the Beginner Bodyweight workout, Angry Bird workout, etc.

I use Zuzana's workouts from YouTube, Get It Done Fitness, HIIT, gymnastic practice, WOD for CrossFit, etc. I live to far from a gym so I do everything at home.

As far as diet, don't just jump in like that. That's the number one weight loss destroyer! Take out the crap bit by bit. like starting with soda, sugar, starches, or alcohol.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me!

Well , I love the sound of the whole bad ass super mom with a body that goes WAPOW!! A LOT!  I have no workout equipement. I wouldnt even know where to start, you always have people telling you something about a piece of equipement  but 100 more saying something negative about it, so I dont spend the money on it . I have always wanted a treadmill tho . :D

I have started the beginner body weight workout. :)  Ill give the angry bird one a whirl when i get bored with this one . :) Or master it .....whichever comes first. :)

As for the diet, I know not to jump into it like that, but sometimes I feel as if I should just rip the band aid off!! LOL

Its gonna be hard to lose the booze , its summer!! Its my summer thing! Drinks in the sun!!

Thanks for the reply! I look forward to this little journey!

Well , I love the sound of the whole bad ass super mom with a body that goes WAPOW!! A LOT!  I have no workout equipement. I wouldnt even know where to start, you always have people telling you something about a piece of equipement  but 100 more saying something negative about it, so I dont spend the money on it . I have always wanted a treadmill tho . :D

As for the diet, I know not to jump into it like that, but sometimes I feel as if I should just rip the band aid off!! LOL

I'm a band-aid ripper myself, so I get it.  Some people like to drop one item per week, but that would drive me crazy.  I did my diet changes in phases.  I went to the next phase whenever I felt ready for it.  Good luck on your journey.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Archived