Forums are back in action! ×

Personal Development recommendation

Hi People!

I am looking for good book recommendations in

- Project Management for begginers

- Efficiency at work

Before I start a Project Management certification, I'd prefer starting reading in order to better plan at work. As I'm not in IT or ingeneering, I'd rather have a general book, helpful for any kind of professional environment.

Thanks in advance!

Level 2- Panthera Assassin

CHA 4 - WIS 3 - STA 4 - STR 2 -  DEX 1 - CON 2

Why is Natarella here?

Steps to greatness

First challenge !!

Second not-so-good one ..

Third challenge

Jan 2016 challenge... long time after :)

What do you want to know about efficacy at work exactly ?

“Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.â€

“Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.†“If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.†“Knowledge will give you power, but character respect.â€There are plenty of people in this world who know what they have to do to get what they want. The few that succeed are those who develop a character of constant and deliberate action.

“The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.â€

You only have one life in this body so make the most of it by creating something that adds value to those around you.

Bruce Lee

I tend to procrastinate and daydream a lot. Those are the things I'd like to avoid...

But actually, I think I should read on project management first, and I'd like a book for dummies-style with the basics (I intend to take a training at some point of Prince 2, but in the meantime, I need more of a generic theoretical introduction).

What do you want to know about efficacy at work exactly ?

---

Thanks Milithael, but isn't it more about management itself?

Level 2- Panthera Assassin

CHA 4 - WIS 3 - STA 4 - STR 2 -  DEX 1 - CON 2

Why is Natarella here?

Steps to greatness

First challenge !!

Second not-so-good one ..

Third challenge

Jan 2016 challenge... long time after :)

I tend to procrastinate and daydream a lot. Those are the things I'd like to avoid...

But actually, I think I should read on project management first, and I'd like a book for dummies-style with the basics (I intend to take a training at some point of Prince 2, but in the meantime, I need more of a generic theoretical introduction).

---

Thanks Milithael, but isn't it more about management itself?

Ok have god some trainings dome about project management, i will find them out and send some stuffs for you.

But you have to know that beetween theory and practive in project management there is a huge all ... In the sens that depending on your feld the external or internal factors of the company can really have a great impact...

I will advise you to read some organizational behaviour books ...

“Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.â€

“Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.†“If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.†“Knowledge will give you power, but character respect.â€There are plenty of people in this world who know what they have to do to get what they want. The few that succeed are those who develop a character of constant and deliberate action.

“The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.â€

You only have one life in this body so make the most of it by creating something that adds value to those around you.

Bruce Lee

A huge number of people I know in startups swear by Getting Things Done. Haven't read it personally but I've heard many great things. 

Level 1 Shadowtouched Aasimar

STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 1.5 | CON 2.5 | WIS 3 | CHA 4

Challenge : Current 0   Battle Log : "Stairs are the Devil!"

“I do not aim with my hand; he who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I aim with my eye.
I do not shoot with my hand; he who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I shoot with my mind.
I do not kill with my gun; he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father.
I kill with my heart.†- The Gunslinger

Hi People!

I am looking for good book recommendations in

- Project Management for begginers

- Efficiency at work

Before I start a Project Management certification, I'd prefer starting reading in order to better plan at work. As I'm not in IT or ingeneering, I'd rather have a general book, helpful for any kind of professional environment.

Thanks in advance!

This is the text I used for my Proj Managmentment course in grad school. Good book for studying when you take the

PMI cert. Has lots of test questions and anwsers. Also you may want to find a copy of the PMBOK. The cert test is heavily based on wording of the question. 

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle