Forums are back in action! ×

50 Things to Do Before You Are 11 and 3/4

The National Trust (a UK charity) have given this list of 50 things to do before you 11 and 3/4 and I think it's awesome. If you have kids, definitely get them to do it. If not, why not have a try yourself?

Adventurer

1. Climb a tree
  2. Roll down a really big hill
  3. Camp out in the wild
  4. Build a den
  5. Skim a stone
  6. Run around in the rain
  7. Fly a kite
  8. Catch a fish with a net
  9. Eat an apple straight from a tree
  10. Play conkers

Discoverer

1. Go on a really long bike ride
  2. Make a trail with sticks
  3. Make a mud pie
  4. Dam a stream
  5. Play in the snow
  6. Make a daisy chain
  7. Set up a snail race
  8. Create some wild art
  9. Play pooh sticks
  10. Jump over waves

Ranger

1. Pick blackberries growing in the wild
  2. Explore inside a tree
  3. Visit a farm
  4. Go on a walk barefoot
  5. Make a grass trumpet
  6. Hunt for fossils and bones
  7. Go star gazing
  8. Climb a huge hill
  9. Explore a cave
  10. Hold a scary beast 

Tracker

1. Hunt for bugs
  2. Find some frogspawn
  3. Catch a falling leaf
  4. Track wild animals
  5. Discover what's in a pond
  6. Make a home for wild animals
  7. Check out the crazy creatures in a rockpool
  8. Bring up a butterfly
  9. Catch a crab
  10. Go on a nature walk at night

Explorer

1. Plant it, grow it, eat it
  2. Go swimming in the sea
  3. Build a raft
  4. Go bird watching
  5. Find your way with a map and compass
  6. Try rock climbing
  7. Cook on a campfire
  8. Learn to ride a horse
  9. Find a geocache
  10. Canoe down a river

How cool is that?

https://www.50things.org.uk/

• Like 1

Level 1

My Current 6-Week Challenge

Angry Birds Workout: 50 overhead squats/50 incline push-ups/120 secs of plank // Zombie Run 5k: Week 2 Level 1, 7.46 km/h // Paleo Food // Learn Greek (Level 3/10)

Am I the only one who has no idea what a pooh stick is? Also, I love those Brits. Wish I was one :)

Pooh sticks is a game from Winnie the Pooh. You stand on a bridge, each with a stick and you throw your sticks into the river. Then you run to the other side and see whose stick comes out first: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q0gectxDNQ

Level 1

Angry Birds Workout: 50 overhead squats/50 incline push-ups/120 secs of plank // Zombie Run 5k: Week 2 Level 1, 7.46 km/h // Paleo Food // Learn Greek (Level 3/10)

My friend came up with this campaign. I love that it has spread across the globe. I'll let her know about this. If you have any other things that should be added to the list note them down!

That's well awesome! Yeah I'm actually a National Trust member myself, so that's how I heard, but it's awesome that other people are using it.

Level 1

We're big fans of the 50 things in our house. We started chipping away at them a year or two back when they were first released and I think my daughter is going to manage all 50 before she reaches the ripe old age of 11.

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

I think I did almost all of these before I was eleven, maybe because I'm British and am lucky to have some woods nearby, was like a whole other world to us. You can tell they were awesome because I can remember every one of them that I did :) ask me to remember how I learned to add 2+2 and I'd look at you like you're crazy.

May have to do this list again...

Yeah, we live near Medicine Bow National Forest, and Vedawoo... kids will definitely be introduced to these!

Krisis. sounds like you are just west on I-80 of us =D

"I was taught that the way of progress was neither swift nor easy." ~~Marie Curie

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honour, Duty, Mercy, Hope. " ~~ Winston Churchill 

Level 1 Human Druid STR 1 DEX 1 STA 1 CON 2 WIS 3 CHA 2  (yes, human. Boring I know.)

sigh.  I want to be British and live near the woods. 

Granted, I live near the red rocks of Zion National Park and Bryce Canyon and the Arches at Moab...

but I'd still rather be British :-) 

Damn cold camping out in those parts after dark, though a better chance of seeing the Milky Way than in uber-lit England!

I'll never forget being woken up at 6am one Wednesday morning by an enthusiastically loud cheerleading practice at the high school behind our Moab camp site.

Ally: Panda Ranger Lvl 2

Challenges 1a | 2a | 1b | 2b | 3

str 6.25 | dex 2 | sta 0 | con 0 | wis 2.75 | cha 2.3

"And master the skills of bodacious and awesome!"

This marketing campaign is up for two awards which would look awesome for my friend. 

If you wouldn't mind voting there's two vote things. http://interactive.brandrepublic.com/future5/thebigidea.html and http://interactive.brandrepublic.com/future5/audienceparticipation.html

Takes like two seconds and supports a campaign to get people out and about and walking. I think it's cool!

Level 2 Half-Sidhe Archer (Toolkitted Ranger)

|Str 3|Dex 3|Sta 2|Con 3|Wis 2|Cha 1| 

Introduction: Roll your own adventure!  DBL: Aim to Misbehave!

Challenge 1, 2Browncoats 1, 2

Damn cold camping out in those parts after dark, though a better chance of seeing the Milky Way than in uber-lit England!

I'll never forget being woken up at 6am one Wednesday morning by an enthusiastically loud cheerleading practice at the high school behind our Moab camp site.

Bleh. In Florida we lived a block away from the high school.  Gave me even more reasons to hate those football games (I was attending that high school at the time, even.  So much for school spirit!)  

We were going to go camping today, but my poor 5 year old was throwing up all last night.  I was so bummed.  He was too, but I took him to see a movie instead and so he's over it.  I'm not.  That movie was dumb. 

Yeah, we live near Medicine Bow National Forest, and Vedawoo... kids will definitely be introduced to these!

Krisis. sounds like you are just west on I-80 of us =D

Ah I-80...I know it well :-)  We live in the Salt Lake Valley.  My best friend is going to be visiting us from Denver in October and I'm thinking about driving us straight to Moab from the airport.  I've lived in Utah for 90% of my life and never been to Moab!  Totally lame.  In my defense, I freaking hate the heat.  Blech.

Also, totally voted for your friend, Ultan!

This marketing campaign is up for two awards which would look awesome for my friend.

If you wouldn't mind voting there's two vote things. http://interactive.brandrepublic.com/future5/thebigidea.html and http://interactive.brandrepublic.com/future5/audienceparticipation.html

Takes like two seconds and supports a campaign to get people out and about and walking. I think it's cool!

I voted! And also, I am going to give this list to my English class so when we write Autobiographies I'll have something more interesting to mark.

Ally: Panda Ranger Lvl 2

Challenges 1a | 2a | 1b | 2b | 3

str 6.25 | dex 2 | sta 0 | con 0 | wis 2.75 | cha 2.3

"And master the skills of bodacious and awesome!"