Forums are back in action! ×

Bad Ass Lady Swordfighter

I was an SCA Stick Jock that specialized in 13th and 14th Century Italian and German longsword styles.  I sold my gear and haven't trained in while.  SCA is more recreational, but the mass melles were a lot of fun.  Nothing like beating 20 of your friends with sticks and sheilds for fun all at the same time.  I used to make chainmail, too, but I still have all my gear and occasionally take it up here and there.  There are a couple of other organizations that are more rigorous about period approrpiate gear and armor.  This particular style is similar to live steel combat that focuses more on the form and technique of unarmored combat.  However, when playing with sharp stuff, you need saftey equipment, hence her custom designed breast plate.  What she was working on looked like a German style, but I didn't get to see enough of it to be sure.  Clearly, aside from computers, this is where my geek cred comes from...  Otherwise, it is a great cardio work out.

I was an SCA Stick Jock that specialized in 13th and 14th Century Italian and German longsword styles.  I sold my gear and haven't trained in while.  SCA is more recreational, but the mass melles were a lot of fun.  Nothing like beating 20 of your friends with sticks and sheilds for fun all at the same time.

I did SCA fencing some years ago, but with jobs and family and everything else something had to give.  A shame.

Current Challenge: (Feb-Mar 21) Step by Step

My Epic Quest Character Sheet  *** Old Challenges and Links hidden below

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)

Kind of wish they'd shown more of the action; I study HEMA as well and it's always good to see how people interpret the manuals.

This

Anyone near Slough or Maidenhead in the UK give me a shout if you want a go. (The Slough lessons will slay you though)

Level 2 Half-Sidhe Archer (Toolkitted Ranger)

|Str 3|Dex 3|Sta 2|Con 3|Wis 2|Cha 1| 

Introduction: Roll your own adventure!  DBL: Aim to Misbehave!

Challenge 1, 2Browncoats 1, 2

This

Anyone near Slough or Maidenhead in the UK give me a shout if you want a go. (The Slough lessons will slay you though)

Man I seriously want to give it a go! I'm working in London at the moment but live down in Kent, so as soon as I get a new job (only on a fixed term contract) I'm looking to move up into/around London then I'm there!

Assassin Guild Leader  Trainee

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

Current Challenge: Vengefulpear Revives!

Level 1

High Score:

Level 7 STR: 14 | DEX: 10 | STA: 1 | CON: 12 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 4

Man I seriously want to give it a go! I'm working in London at the moment but live down in Kent, so as soon as I get a new job (only on a fixed term contract) I'm looking to move up into/around London then I'm there!

They'll be glad to have you.

Just decide whether you want to:

Maidenhead: Wear pads, run kata and learn a nice technique

Slough: Wear yourself out in a "warm up", learn to fight dirty, get spanked with modified shinai to learn where your technique is poor and win at all costs.

I like Slough. (Never thought I'd say that.)

Level 2 Half-Sidhe Archer (Toolkitted Ranger)

|Str 3|Dex 3|Sta 2|Con 3|Wis 2|Cha 1| 

Introduction: Roll your own adventure!  DBL: Aim to Misbehave!

Challenge 1, 2Browncoats 1, 2