Forums are back in action! ×

Cleaning Motivation

wish I had seen this earlier I would have joined you ........ I have a Vacuum cleaner fetish ... in a good way ... my wife says I am not allowed any more, so motivation to do the vacuuming is plentiful for me ... the only issue I have is which one to use !!!!!!!

oh and I love throwing things away, and discovering new cleaning products.

errrrr ..... reading this I am beginning to think I have an issue ? ...... still at least my love of cleaning things fits in nicely for my desire for instant gratification

• Like 1

Human | Ranger

Level 3 | STR: 8 | DEX: 2 | STA: 8 | CON: 5 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 7

Current Challenge / Second Challenge, /  My First Challenge

wish I had seen this earlier I would have joined you ........ I have a Vacuum cleaner fetish ... in a good way ... my wife says I am not allowed any more, so motivation to do the vacuuming is plentiful for me ... the only issue I have is which one to use !!!!!!!

oh and I love throwing things away, and discovering new cleaning products.

errrrr ..... reading this I am beginning to think I have an issue ? ...... still at least my love of cleaning things fits in nicely for my desire for instant gratification

I wish you were my neighbor. . .

• Like 1

Tzippi Longstockings, level 9 Ranger/Monk 

Battle Log - My Fitness Pal - Quest to Find My Epic Quest - Challenges:   #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7,

The Westerosi Fitness Tour: Dorne Stormlands Vale the Reach Westerlands The Wall 

MamaBear Kiss Off Waterbending Rounding <<Current

Anyone tried to "gamify" cleaning to get a regular weekly schedule going? I hate cleaning with a vengeance (if I had more money, and could convice my husband, I would hire someone to do it all), and failed utterly at my recent "Cleaning" life goal for a six-week challenge.

Battle Log - My Fitness Pal - Quest to Find My Epic Quest - Challenges:   #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7,

The Westerosi Fitness Tour: Dorne Stormlands Vale the Reach Westerlands The Wall 

Gamify cleaning ..... oooh, someone come up with how to do this ?

I dont need any motivation to clean stuff ..... but if you could make it into a game it would be truely epic !

Loving this time of the year though ... I encourage my 3 1/2 year old to play with the Christmas tree so the needles fall off and I have to get a vacuum out to suck them up :D

Human | Ranger

Level 3 | STR: 8 | DEX: 2 | STA: 8 | CON: 5 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 7

Current Challenge / Second Challenge, /  My First Challenge

Gamify cleaning ..... oooh, someone come up with how to do this ?

Google has all the answers! 

http://lifehacker.com/the-best-tools-to-productively-gamify-every-aspect-of-1531404316- a list of many different ways you can gamify aspects of your life (including Fitocracy, which I lurve!)

http://www.chorewars.com/- the recommended site from the article above for household chores!

• Like 2

Current Challenge #39 - 15.02.23  |  Challenges: #38, #29  |  Fitocracy: redtomato501

I was on ChoreWars... I think I got frustrated with something about it...

I think I need an analog system.  I already have a paper-printout and magnets so that I didn't have to sit down at the computer to log what I did and didn't do.  But Chorewars did teach me a format.

Here's (lack of) progress pictures on my living spaces.  I believe the password is ilovenerds https://www.tumblr.com/blog/gwkjantuhi

I have conditions that affect my social awareness.  If I am rude, tell me what I could do better.

5'8" & 220 260 pounds | Miles Walked: X

2019: | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Pre 2017: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | * | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |

We could certainly start a PVP on the challenge forums! Anyone up for it? I always have the problem of blitzing through my room in short, half-an-hour motivation explosions, and leaving a) ridiculously tidy shelves AND B) a disastrously cluttered floor in my wake, the latter of which only gets cleared during the next bout of motivation (which also leaves its own trail of devastation elsewhere).

I have a piece of paper taped to the wall of my kitchen. I use dates written in purple pen instead of star stickers.

I decided to try this again, this challenge, and here's what I've come up with so far: Tzippi's Cleaning Mini-Game

Works pretty good so far. Cleaned two ovens and the waxy menorah last night!

Still a long ways to go . . .

fb2-66.jpg