Forums are back in action! ×

Hi! I'm Laisa, almost 22 years old, from Italy. Before I start, I want you to know that my English could be faulty, so please don't bother my errors too much!

I knew Nerd Fitness last year thanks to 9Gag and I found it awesome, BUT I started some exercises twice and gave up after 2 weeks everytime. That's my problem, I don't know what Perseverance is. The same applies to study (I'm a university student) and I absolutely hate it. I'm lazy and I know where to start, but not how to keep on.

Sooo... THIS TIME I joined the Rebellion, hoping here I'll find some more motivation, maybe that's all I need? I don't like to say people I know that I want to lose weight because they wouldn't take me seriously, they know my attitude. This time I want to surprise them, I want to make it. I hope you guys help me.

I weight 63 kg (about 138 lbs I think). Maybe I'm not SO overweight but I know I can reach at least 53 kg, that would probably be perfect for my body composition. It means a lot to me just because I mentally tend to give up easily.

My problem is not dieting. The fact is that I always HATED sports. I've never found something good for me, I tried many things but not for long, again for the same problem. So I need to find a motivation strong enough to make me exercise. I want to HAVE FUN doing it (maybe not at the very beginning, I know it'll be hard).

So, I want to change my body, the way I see myself in the mirror, the way I behave and take care about me. I want to grow up and this time I hope I can finally make it.

ps: I'm a "occasional nerd". I love the fantasy world, Rpgs, manga & anime. The perfect evening for me and my bf is laying together on the couch playing videogames. I also adore singing and I want to look better on the stage, that's another point.

I've always wanted to be an elf or a badass werewolf. I love nature and I study "Animal Welfare and Breeding" at University (I don't know if it could be translated like this LOL) and I've always dreamt of running wild in the forest. I think it'll be my super final goal.

Thanks for your attention! :redface:

• Like 1

Welcome aboard! We are glad to have you!

My first suggestion is to read a bit of the blog and what they say on dieting and motivation, just so you know how the people here think. Once you've done that, post wherever you like! 

We are in the middle of a six-week challenge now. Feel free to join in the recruits section, or pick a guild! If you want some ideas for fun ways to do fitness, all you have to do is ask! General fitness, Base Camp, and fitness specialties are all great places to turn for such advice! Personally, I am a martial artist training in Aikido and I think it's just the most fun action hero kind of martial art! 

Anyway, it's great to see a new face! No matter what your goals are, everybody here is happy to help you achieve them!

Welcome to the Rebellion!

PS: I am also an anime fan :D

Level 3 Martial Monk, True Neutral

STR: 6.5 | DEX: 6 | STA: 7 | CON: 9 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 6

My First Challenge

Welcome!!

I'm with you on hating sports. I always knew I needed to get out a move more, but nothing really held my attention. I found that my favorite workouts don't feel like workouts. For example: hula hooping or snow shoeing (though not at the same time. I should give that a try if we get snow this winter). For boring things like the elliptical or treadmill, I found bringing my ipod and watching something on Netflix helps. It keeps my mind occupied and not on watching the clock. It's all about playing around and finding what interests you the most.

"You won't find your answers by looking to the stars. It's a journey you'll have to take by looking inside yourself. You must write your destiny..." Christopher Reeve as Dr. Virgil Swann

Current challenge

Old Challenges: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th9th, 10th11th, 12th, 13th, 14th

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

My advice to you would be "appearance is a consequence of fitness." Also, weight is misleading. Body fat percentage is a much more accurate way to determine general health and fitness. 

285lbs -> 200lbs

0%
0%

? Body Fat % -> 18%

0%
0%

“Don't fear failure. — Not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts it is glorious even to fail.†- Bruce Lee

Ne Obliviscaris

buongiorno! 

Il tuo inglese è migliore mio italiano.

I had the same probably finding something active that I like to do. Lots of people are into running, but I find running just so... BORING!

Maybe sports just aren't for you... but there is probably some active thing out there that you would enjoy. Maybe not a "sport" but maybe just walking or hiking. I myself have gotten into dance and love it!

• Like 1

Fultonator
Human Assassin

Level 5

STR 5  |  DEX 6  |  STA 7  |  CON 6  |  WIS 12  |  CHA 5

Current Challenge

Past Challenges:  #1   #2   #3   #4   #5   #6   #7  #8

"I do not try to dance better than anyone else. I only try to dance better than myself." - Mikhail Baryshnikov