Forums are back in action! ×

These boots are made for walking... [Sep14 - Oct 25]

This is a walking PvP that will be running during the current 6 week challenge from July 14 to Oct 25 2015

5 levels:

Titanium - 200km's (124 miles)

Gold - 150 km's (93 miles)

Silver - 100km's (62 miles)

Bronze - 50km's (31 miles)

Copper - 25km's (16 miles)

PVP Rules

1. Pick a level above that will stretch you but you think you can make. During the challenge walk that many km's in 6 weeks.

2. Sign up in this sheet and track your km/miles during the 6 week challenge.

3. Specify after your name either (walking) or (pedometer) depending on if you will be tracking either just specific "I'm going for a walk" distances (walking) or I will track steps by wearing a pedometer/fitbit/etc. (pedometer). It's easier to get more mileage using a pedometer so we want to keep you accountable to hit those higher medals  ;)

4. Any amusing walking gifs are most welcome  :)

Anyone is welcome to join in from any guild, including recruits  :encouragement:

Take it away Nancy!

• Like 2

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Signed on. I'm going on vacation and then afterwards plan on buying a fitbit, so this round I'm going to see how many steps I can get in.

60827623.jpg

• Like 3

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Hands down - I'm In! Wahoo!!

• Like 2

Matsurika

~Live Life to Love it - Don't Love to Hate it

Current: 203lbs  - Goal 155lbs - Original 205lbs

1%
; background-image: -webkit-gradient(linear, 0 0, 100% 100%, color-stop(.25, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2)), color-stop(.25, transparent), color-stop(.5, transparent), color-stop(.5, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2)), color-stop(.75, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2)), color-stop(.75, transparent), to(transparent) ); background-image: -webkit-linear-gradient( -45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 25%, transparent 25%, transparent 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 75%, transparent 75%, transparent ); background-image: -moz-linear-gradient( -45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 25%, transparent 25%, transparent 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 75%, transparent 75%, transparent ); background-image: -ms-linear-gradient( -45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 25%, transparent 25%, transparent 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 75%, transparent 75%, transparent ); background-image: -o-linear-gradient( -45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 25%, transparent 25%, transparent 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 75%, transparent 75%, transparent ); -webkit-background-size: 23px 23px; -moz-background-size: 23px 23px; background-size: 23px 23px; border-radius: 4px;">1%

2015 Biking Goal - Current 523 kms  - Goal 1000 kms 

52%
; background-image: -webkit-gradient(linear, 0 0, 100% 100%, color-stop(.25, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2)), color-stop(.25, transparent), color-stop(.5, transparent), color-stop(.5, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2)), color-stop(.75, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2)), color-stop(.75, transparent), to(transparent) ); background-image: -webkit-linear-gradient( -45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 25%, transparent 25%, transparent 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 75%, transparent 75%, transparent ); background-image: -moz-linear-gradient( -45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 25%, transparent 25%, transparent 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 75%, transparent 75%, transparent ); background-image: -ms-linear-gradient( -45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 25%, transparent 25%, transparent 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 75%, transparent 75%, transparent ); background-image: -o-linear-gradient( -45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 25%, transparent 25%, transparent 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 75%, transparent 75%, transparent ); -webkit-background-size: 23px 23px; -moz-background-size: 23px 23px; background-size: 23px 23px; border-radius: 4px;">52%

I'll be in once I get my phone, since I don't want to buy a pedometer for just a week or two of use before my phone arrives...

• Like 2

Level 2 Furyan Ranger    You keep what you kill

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3
6.1 6.2 | Duolingo | Daily Fitocracy

Spoiler

Captain Hammer: Have I seen you at the gym?

Billy: [smiles] At the gym!

Captain Hammer: [to himself] I don't go to the gym, I'm just naturally like this...

Going for at least Bronze. Great PVP idea!

Winter is coming...

med_gallery_17054_1984_88323.png

• Like 1

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

ONCE MORE INTO THE BREACH!

Going for 180 miles, so about 1.5 Titaniums.

• Like 2

Lvl 4 Dragonborn (Dungeons and Dragons not Skyrim) Warrior

STR:8.5 DEX:3 STA:10.5 CON:7.5 WIS:5 CHA:4

MyFitnessPal (Looking for NerdFitness PPL)

Current Challenge

Completed:PMyrrh's Viking Winter PMyrrh's Path of the Persevering Paladin Brazen and Unabashed 5 minute Spartan Plank 50/50 Squats

COLD ASS VIKING CHALLENGE: 30/30

100%
100%

Thanks for setting this up Endor! I'm aiming for gold again this time. 

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

Oh oh oh - excited!  I really want to do this!  Can I count the kms I've already walked this week?  And do running kms count?

ETA:  I have put this week's kms on the spreadsheet - I hope that was ok.

Oh god someone said the R word :P You can count running if it's a little bit of running here and there. If you're a runner knocking out 10 km's of runnig 3 times a week this is not the PvP for you. If it's abit of running, bit of walking, the odd couple of 5k's a week or that sort of thing I'm not too concered, count it. But if you're an ultra marathoner knocking out hundreds of km's a week this is not the PvP you're looking for *waves hand in Obi Wan manner* :)

I would love to join in this.  I track my walking daily.  I'm going to add for this last week.  

I'm going for TITANIUM!

Welcome to the party! Go for it!

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Oh god someone said the R word :tongue: You can count running if it's a little bit of running here and there. If you're a runner knocking out 10 km's of runnig 3 times a week this is not the PvP for you. If it's abit of running, bit of walking, the odd couple of 5k's a week or that sort of thing I'm not too concered, count it. But if you're an ultra marathoner knocking out hundreds of km's a week this is not the PvP you're looking for *waves hand in Obi Wan manner* :)

Welcome to the party! Go for it!

I USED to be a runner knocking out 20+ miles a week but since the spring I've been plagued by a dodgy calf/fibula and am hardly running at all at the moment - about 2/3 km p/w!  Next challenge I'm going to be looking to get back up to 5k.  So I am both glad and sorry to say that I think I fit the criteria for this challenge.  I do walk a lot though.  So I'm going to be brave and say I'm going for titanium.

• Like 1

Hey @Elastigirl you got a fitbit? Is it cool? Does it track your sleep? I'm tempted but only for the sleep tracking really. 

Planning on getting one, but was waiting until I got back from vacation. I'm mainly getting it for the HR and the steps. Not sure if I will use the sleep tracking. I'm not sure if the sleep tracking will help me, or just make me realize how much of the time I'm really not sleeping.

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Ok, I seriously am messing things up. I somehow started to type in Matsuriki' line, and made her miles disappear, and I notice that Endor is at zero too, which I think I probably messed up at sometime too.  I'm sorry. I don't know, I'm really bad at somehow starting to type on the wrong line, and then I can't undo it, and I lose all their data. I feel super bad, I did that one time last challenge too.  I think I will just drop out, I am  too apt to mess up other people. Sorry guys.

• Like 1

Whoooah where did the last 2 weeks go?! Super busy with work, sorry the medals are late! Looks like you've been busy though :encouragement: Few people still to get off the mark, pull your finger out!

Copper - 25km's (16 miles) :tickled_pink:

Endor <- new this week

Nedwin (iPhone) <- new this week

PMyrrh(Pedometer) <- new this week

Fa773n(pedometer) <- new this week

Bronze - 50km's (31 miles) :orange:

Elastigirl (fitbit) <- new this week

originalpiratematerial (iphone) <- new this week

Jodiec (pedometer/iphone) <- new this week

Silver - 100km's (62 miles)

None yet

Gold - 150 km's (93 miles)

None yet

Titanium - 200km's (124 miles)

None yet

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Ok, I seriously am messing things up. I somehow started to type in Matsuriki' line, and made her miles disappear, and I notice that Endor is at zero too, which I think I probably messed up at sometime too.  I'm sorry. I don't know, I'm really bad at somehow starting to type on the wrong line, and then I can't undo it, and I lose all their data. I feel super bad, I did that one time last challenge too.  I think I will just drop out, I am  too apt to mess up other people. Sorry guys.

heh heh, so it was you! Don't worry happens to the best of us!

There's a revision history that captures all changes ;) I looked back through and it seems only me that someone nuked! I've done it to you before and fixed it before you noticed so don't worry :positive:

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

heh heh, so it was you! Don't worry happens to the best of us!

There's a revision history that captures all changes ;) I looked back through and it seems only me that someone nuked! I've done it to you before and fixed it before you noticed so don't worry :positive:

Oh, that is good to know Ideally.I won't do it again, but if I think I messed someone up, I'll PM you so you can fix it.

• Like 1

My cell format for distance in miles disappeared, so I tried to figure out how to put it back in and that didn't work. I didn't try for too long, since I figured best left to the professionals. 

Level 2 Furyan Ranger    You keep what you kill

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3
6.1 6.2 | Duolingo | Daily Fitocracy

Spoiler

Captain Hammer: Have I seen you at the gym?

Billy: [smiles] At the gym!

Captain Hammer: [to himself] I don't go to the gym, I'm just naturally like this...