Forums are back in action! ×

every time I open a pack the game crashes then takes forever to log back in. Probably a pretty high load right now.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

So many new things. Do y'all find the presence of C'thun changes the game play? Like everybody's got C'thun, and the game hinges on whether you randomly draw it. I read this, and it makes sense to me, though I'm still super-novice. http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2016/04/28/why-im-not-wild-about-cthun-invading-the-hearthstone-meta/

73529-facebook-com-dndmemes-rogue-cleric

• Like 1

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Current Challenge: Sea Level I : Respawn
Pro Aris et Focis

"To the Sea, to the Sea! The white gulls are crying, The wind is blowing, and the white foam is flying."

The meta is so crazy right now.  I think C-Thun is fun to play, but I'm getting destroyed about 90% of the time.  Deck building isn't my strong suit and even the net decks are not granting me wins right now.  It's a little bit miserable.  Gainsdalf is a deck/interaction wizard though and I'm guessing he's in his element right now. ;)

• Like 1

Rangering since Sept 2015

C'thun is annoying as hell, and basically straight out wins games 80% of the time he's dropped, which sucks. The game shouldn't be that way. The solution is to play a board such that you have a lot of stuff there when he is dropped to suck up damage, and have a removal spell in hand when he is dropped. Not as easy as it sounds with how meaty his other minions in his decks are.

The other option is to be so aggressive that the opponent is dead before they ever play him, like in agro shaman.

I've been going the later route. I'm playing a Yogg deck I made that I'm calling "whenever mage". Bunch of creatures that do things when spells are cast, then tons of cheap spells, with yogg to cap it off. They're typically not in a great board state to drop c'thun and I just sheep him when they do. Yogg is usually just for if I fall behind, as he tends to board clear and draw a ton of cards. I'll try to remember to post a deck list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

So how is everyone doing now? I've found a few more decks that I'm really enjoying.

• Lock and Load Hunter. You can look it up on  The entire deck is spells except for 3 creatures: Yogg Saron, Emperor Thaurisan, and King's Elek. The Elek almost always pulls one of the other two into my hand. Yogg is crazy because I've typically hit 10-15 spells if I need to cast him. 8 secrets, eaglehorn bow, and half a dozen spells including call of the wild that put beasts in the field. Try to get a bunch of small spells in hand, then lock and load and go nuts. Yogg is really just for the end if you fall behind and need to roll the dice to catch up. Lots and lots of fun.
    • Fun game I had today against a Druid was I got Brann'd + 13 C'Thun'd down to 3 life, then dropped Yogg. He cleared the board, including himself, except for their C'Thun. BUT I got a vaporize mage spell, mage armor, and mirror entity. Their c'thun attacked and died, I got armored up, then they dropped the 5/7 taunt which got mirror imaged, and the 4/10 C'Thun minion. With all the draw, I got 2 quick shots and a deadly shot, killed their taunt with the deadly shot, and went face for the win. They had a hand of 4-5 cards. Glorious.
  • Pirate Warrior. Nothing else needs to be said. It's fast, and it's pirates, and it makes big weapons.
  • Don't enjoy agro shammy, just built zoo though I'm having too much fun with the above decks to try it out. Up to rank 12.
  • Like 1

500 / 330 / 625

I finished unlocking all basic decks and won my first games with druid...hooray...also started reading up on strategies etc and trying out a spreadsheet for card management for the first time...also trying to figure out where to best spend the 700gold I have XD

My NF-Character: https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58102

Introduction Or How I started, Challenges: 1 ; 2 ; 3 ; 4 ; 5 ; 6 ; 7 ; RESPAWN  ; 8 ;

Member of the League of Epicness, Hellfire Club!

...would like to be a Nac Mac Feggle ;)

So this week in the Tavern brawl, what is the craziest / creative combination you have seen?

One I had not thought of was playing against a warlock,  Used a card to summon as many 1/1 tentacles as your mana, (almost filled the board) then he summoned as many raid leaders as he could... I was out by turn 5.

another is Healing touch and Naturalize Druid....  or Coldlight oracle / Naturalize Druid.

My character:  My Character

Innervate + coldlight oracle. Innervate him out, draw more cards. Basically you're casting as many coldlights as you have mana crystals as they fill you hand with more 3 mana coldlights and inneravates (get 2 mana). Turn 3 the board is full.

Another cool one was target dummy + bolster. Skip turn 1, turn 2 drop all your target dummys and a bolster, have a bunch of 2/4 taunts. Keeps dropping them as fast as you can. Turn 4 you've dropped 4 bolsters and have 8/10, 6/8, and 4/6 target dummys.

I read of someone just doing fireball+ice block. You just ice block and keep waiting until turn 7 where you're ice blocking and fireballing them to the face each turn.

500 / 330 / 625

11 hours ago, Marauder said:

I won a few with a hunter...  mechwarper and metaltooth leaper.  With a coin, skip 1, drop a mechwarper on 2, coin, second mechwarper at cost 1 coin, third mechwarper at free, metal tooth leaper at free, and buffs all your mechwarpers.  Next turn drop another metal tooth or two.

I saw this one for the first time yesterday.   OMG!!!  free units! plus buff to each one... yea, it did not end well for me. 

My character:  My Character

Tavern Brawl this week was fun when I wasn't constantly running into mage. I had some fun with a 2x innervate 2x summoning, 2x wild growth, 1x yogg druid where I mulliganned for the innervates and summoning stone to drop that turn 1 then got free 2 drops until they kill it. Yogg just fun.

500 / 330 / 625

Oh man, I loooooove Hearthstone! Started playing in April 2014 with my awesomely nerdy sister, but haven't played much in the last year or so. Methinks it might be time to download the app again! I've neglected my battle.net account for many moons, so apparently I have to go through the whole restore authenticator stuff from my computer at home - -I'll update tonight with my battletag! I bet I'm super rusty.

hearth.jpg

• Like 2

The Lonely Wolf | Level 9 Worgen Ranger

Instagram | Daily Battle Log | NF Character | Current Challenge: Mad Wolf In A Blue Box

Geek Out- Star Wars. Star Trek. Doctor Who. Firefly. Lost In Space. WoW. Destiny. Legend of Zelda. Mario Kart 64. Dominion.

Fate whispered to the lonely wolf,

"you cannot withstand the storm."

The lonely wolf whispered back,

"I am the storm."

Yay Hearthstone players! I play pretty regularly, try to get to 20 every month to get the card back, though will probably play less in the next bit with the WoW expansion coming out!

Level 11 Hobbit Brewmaster

Half Ranger, Half Druid, Completely Ridiculous

Instagram

Current Challenge: Mizbrek Studies with the Order of the Broken Temple

Past Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

I had a blast with the brawl. Beat it both times I played, both as priest, both times a close thing.

How is everyone liking the adventure? I am absolutely loving my Yogg and Load secret hunter, hanging about rank 9. I'll be trying beast/fandral Druid this week a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

500 / 330 / 625