Forums are back in action! ×

Battle Kitten: Ascension

Ugh get out of here with logic pls. Let me wallow in self-pity. D: 

I mean you're right. I'm just frustrated with life in general rn. 

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

13 minutes ago, fleaball said:

Ugh get out of here with logic pls. Let me wallow in self-pity. D: 

I mean you're right. I'm just frustrated with life in general rn. 

*tries to invent a self pity workout so that you can do both*

• Like 2

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

34 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

*tries to invent a self pity workout so that you can do both*

I was going to say you're the best, but then there was a bug on my IG so you lost that title. 

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

15 minutes ago, fleaball said:

I was going to say you're the best, but then there was a bug on my IG so you lost that title. 

Nuuuuu. It was a COOL bug. 

• Like 1

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

1 minute ago, NeverThatBored said:

Nuuuuu. It was a COOL bug. 

Bugs of all kinds are gross. And so are you. 

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I love trying to catch up on your thread sometimes! 

• I totally followed the carbon monoxide monologue. It was cold and you are brave to sleep with windows open - I think I would rather die than be that cold.
  • Seconding the NTB advice - how about throwing in a walk every day (NFA says start with 5 minutes!)? Maybe you just haven't found your thing yet.
  • (Legitimately asking): Do you honestly feel your parents have no idea? 
  • Like 3
14 minutes ago, fleaball said:

Bugs of all kinds are gross. And so are you. 

....your profile picture is a flea?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

I love trying to catch up on your thread sometimes! 

• I totally followed the carbon monoxide monologue. It was cold and you are brave to sleep with windows open - I think I would rather die than be that cold.
  • Seconding the NTB advice - how about throwing in a walk every day (NFA says start with 5 minutes!)? Maybe you just haven't found your thing yet.
  • (Legitimately asking): Do you honestly feel your parents have no idea? 

lol I was actually super warm. I was under three layers of crocheted blankets. The hard part was leaving the nest this morning. 

I hate walking. (Go figure.) I do need to find a thing. I want running to be a thing but for that to happen being broken needs to stop being a thing. Rawr. 

Tbh I go back and forth. My father has no idea unless my mother has said something to him about it. He pays zero attention to the world around him. As far as my mother, 95% of the time she's clueless and has no idea what's going on in my life. Even things I talk to her about. She still has no idea what I'm studying (after 3 years of trying to explain it. She still insists I'm going to move to Paris and be a translator) and isn't even trying to understand what anxiety means after 5 years of my being diagnosed with it and my brother having it even longer. 

If she does know, I'm not sure where she might've gotten it from. I don't talk about women. I rarely even mention men being attractive, and honestly I think that's been limited to the cast of Supernatural. We just don't talk about that kind of stuff in my family. I don't think I ever had a sex talk, or a dating talk beyond "don't let a boy make you do anything you don't want to do" but in a general sense; specifically she was talking about like, she was dating a guy in college who thought women should stay home and not work or something so she dumped him. So it wasn't even a "don't let him pressure you into sex" thing. I know how my parents met but nothing about the proposal, the wedding, no relationship stuff. So since the topic never comes up idk why it would be on her radar, unless she assumes that I haven't dated men because I'm a lesbian. So eh. 

• Like 4

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

18 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

....your profile picture is a flea?

But it's a stuffed one. That's different. 

(Actually I keep wanting to change it but I have nothing to change it to.)

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

3 minutes ago, fleaball said:

(Actually I keep wanting to change it but I have nothing to change it to.)

I have this same problem. >.< 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NeverThatBored said:

I have this same problem. >.< 

Yours is adorable though. 

Unrelated: the stadium medals are so cool argh. Someone get me one next year. *grabby hands* I'm really glad I decided not to do Fenway, obv, but I want the shiny. 

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

1 minute ago, fleaball said:

If she does know, I'm not sure where she might've gotten it from. I don't talk about women. I rarely even mention men being attractive, and honestly I think that's been limited to the cast of Supernatural. We just don't talk about that kind of stuff in my family. I don't think I ever had a sex talk, or a dating talk beyond "don't let a boy make you do anything you don't want to do" but in a general sense; specifically she was talking about like, she was dating a guy in college who thought women should stay home and not work or something so she dumped him. So it wasn't even a "don't let him pressure you into sex" thing. I know how my parents met but nothing about the proposal, the wedding, no relationship stuff. So since the topic never comes up idk why it would be on her radar, unless she assumes that I haven't dated men because I'm a lesbian. So eh. 

This is totally how I grew up too! I had something really comforting to say here, but the internet ate my post so bleh. But on the opposite side of things, maybe she is just waiting for you instead of being completely clueless!

4 minutes ago, fleaball said:

Unrelated: the stadium medals are so cool argh. Someone get me one next year. *grabby hands* I'm really glad I decided not to do Fenway, obv, but I want the shiny. 

I will run with you next year!

Also, this cat face:

think_my_cat_is_broken.jpg

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Sylvaa said:

We should totally do Glamour Shots!

Is this a particular style of photo? I'm so useless. 

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

1 minute ago, fleaball said:

Is this a particular style of photo? I'm so useless. 

So it used to be big when we were younger (late 80's / early 90's). Women would get their hair, make-up, and nails done and pose for the pictures for their husband. They weren't boudoir shots, but they were little too risque for like, hanging on a wall. 

Here's a lovely rundown. OR, for fun, do a Google image search for [Your name] Glamour shots. 

Omg sign me the fuck up

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

lmfao I did not do the google thing because I'm at work but i will totally get on that tomorrow from the safety of my own computer. 

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

The next challenge runs through Christmas right? I've been listening to this on loop recently and I really just want a thread called "Make the Yuletide Gay" even though if I were to do a challenge it would have literally nothing to do with Christmas or anything gay. But still. 

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Also @Sylvaa I raise you this:

tumblr_m4kb1kq87F1r92rilo1_250.jpg

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

1 hour ago, fleaball said:

The next challenge runs through Christmas right? I've been listening to this on loop recently and I really just want a thread called "Make the Yuletide Gay" even though if I were to do a challenge it would have literally nothing to do with Christmas or anything gay. But still. 

You are 100% obligated to do this now.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

You are 100% obligated to do this now.

Fuck. 

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Barf. Currently in possession of a pulmonology referral. Not bc the doctor lady is worried but bc it's been forever with no answers so ugh. Phone calls to make tomorrow, work to be missed. Joy. 

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

So. Fucking. Sleepy. I was so close to calling out today but didn't because I assumed I'd be losing time this week for the pulmonologist appointment. Which it turns out I won't, because there was an opening at ass o'clock in the morning on Thursday, which is the one day I don't work. Le sigh. I mean it works out but still. I haven't had anything substantial to do for a month and I'm tired of being here. D: 

GMB put out a new article today about fears holding you back. I've only skimmed it but it seems appropriate. Hopefully Thursday I get some answers and can legitimately stop worrying about busting a rib if I move wrong or something. 

Have I mentioned I'm tired? Because I'm exhausted. Have to do laundry and clean a bit when I get home, but will make sure I do it asap so I can get my ass to bed. Ugh. 

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi